Goal Song Voting Begins

Joe McGrath's Necessary Poll

• Total voters

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
What do those two songs have to do with one another other than being 15 years old?
Both are pretty lame as well. Even when I listened to a lot of rap when I was younger, this song and Petey Pablo were basically a meme level joke among my peers.

Do people in North Carolina actually like the song? If so, I guess I'll defer to them.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I can't believe no one has addressed that this song increases the likelihood of the canes being mentioned on national news by like 1000%. When the capitals won what was the big story? Long time franchise gets first championship? No, it was the two distinguished guests on the glass. High scoring game, libations flowing, boom were on sportscenter

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I can't believe no one has addressed that this song increases the likelihood of the canes being mentioned on national news by like 1000%. When the capitals won what was the big story? Long time franchise gets first championship? No, it was the two distinguished guests on the glass. High scoring game, libations flowing, boom were on sportscenter
Why would the national media care about Petey Pablo being the goal song for one of the least popular franchises in North American pro sports?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Both are pretty lame as well. Even when I listened to a lot of rap when I was younger, this song and Petey Pablo were basically a meme level joke among my peers.

Do people in North Carolina actually like the song? If so, I guess I'll defer to them.

There are plenty of lame songs, I was just wondering if there was some other kind of connection. Just picking random lame song from the era of music answers my question.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Is Raise Up about a query regarding the release of hounds and the responsibility thereof?
If one was to use canines instead of hounds, there is a highly awkward team appropriate double entendre available for misappropriation.

But, Mr. Peter Pablo in his song refers to gentlemen acquaintances of his having been held "inbound" involuntarily. Arguably at least some of them have been released since.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unsustainable

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
All this talk of Doggs makes me think of the incident a week back when US rapper Juicy J was performing on a festival in nearby city of Tampere and put out a Snapchat vid of himself smoking a joint.

The police has been hilarious about it. They initially gave a statement: "After seeing the video we have reason to suspect that the Yankee rapper Juicy J featured in the video is handling substances classified as narcotics."

After that when asked about it they have said they have been "filing a report", carefully for days until the culprit had securely left the country. Finally they stated in quite no-nonsense fashion that "we have been prioritizing more urgent cases on this very busy weekend" to the moron reporters pestering the police about the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->