Goal Song Voting Begins

Joe McGrath's Necessary Poll

• Total voters

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
jvg_promo6k_8-800x571.jpg

That's no answer and the question wasn't directed at you. I want to hear from @4th Line Beast.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
At least it's not Brass Bonanza. That was my only request.

I can only imagine the outrage from faux Whaler fans (aka the Twitter idiots who are not from Hartford and were not alive when they moved but scream 'Move em back!') had brass bonanza won. Whew, crisis averted.

I voted for the Avicii song but this is fine I guess. Would be funny if somehow this leads to a career revival for Pablo.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
That's no answer and the question wasn't directed at you. I want to hear from @4th Line Beast.
I'm sorry but JVG most certainly is the answer to the question posited.

I can't find a video them performing pre-game in the 2016 WJC to seriously backup my statement, but I pin that on the universe ultimately being benevolent.

Highway29

Don dun well?
Mar 20, 2013
I'm sorry but JVG most certainly is the answer to the question posited.

I can't find a video them performing pre-game in the 2016 WJC to seriously backup my statement, but I pin that on the universe ultimately being benevolent.

I used to watch Finland playing WC hockey every year every game but now I may skip games as the rap has slowly invaded it too. It just doesn't feel the same.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm not sure which is worse Ric Flair and the Redneck Hockey era, or this goal song. At least back then we had things like ya know, wins.
I wasn't a fan of the Redneck Hockey noise, but I'm more than good with keeping Flair around. I mean, only seems like half the damn league has ripped off how he's used here or has ripped off similar.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Just wait.....having half the stadium with their shirts off, helicopter-ing over their heads, once or twice every couple of games (it is a goal song, after all) is gonna be epic.

Bring out the beer bellies! And this is a non-gender, ethnic, race, religion, earthling, outer-spaceling, exclusive comment....

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I wasn't a fan of the Redneck Hockey noise, but I'm more than good with keeping Flair around. I mean, only seems like half the damn league has ripped off how he's used here or has ripped off similar.

I was good with Flair until I saw him make a complete ass out of himself at a bar in Dyrtle Beach. I mean, we've probably all done that, but he's a humongous DBAG. After that I was just kind of over it. I agree though, his use here has been acceptable to a certain degree.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I was good with Flair until I saw him make a complete ass out of himself at a bar in Dyrtle Beach. I mean, we've probably all done that, but he's a humongous DBAG. After that I was just kind of over it. I agree though, his use here has been acceptable to a certain degree.
Yeah I can totally buy that. Guy has had one frigin weird life, and I can definitely see him being a bit of a dbag. The 30 for 30 on him was something else man, jesus.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
When you play the audio now it ends with "Who am I". Are they encouraging 10,000 people to swear or was this just not thought through? I have trouble believing sensitive parents will be okay with "Mfer" being screamed throughout the arena.

The proper response will be based on whomever scores the goal: "Who am I??" "SVECHNIKOV MOTHER f***ER"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad