Go on record: what does MB do with #3?

What does MB do with #3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Does Timmins think Tkachuk could be a center?
The Habs bring the prospect into an interview room which has 3 chairs on one side of the table facing Bergevin and Timmins. If the player walks into that room and randomly opts to sit in the middle chair, he is then, by definition, a center.

A few years ago, Galchenyuk obviously opted for the wrong chair.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
I think he waits for the Canes selection and if they select Zadina he'll take Svechnikov. If Svechnikov is gone, he'll trade down but stay in the top six or seven.

Reactions: McTusk

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So when they're listed as C/R or L, I should assume a winger?

It's really tough, it's something you are only gonna know by looking at them play and even then you're never certain.

You have kids playing C in junior simply because the best players in younger leagues play C. But if they play pro, you can have a guy who's a C projection at the next level playing wing because coaches in pro leagues generally don't put young players at C with more responsibility.

Reactions: vokiel

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Saying you wouldn't trade Borgstrom for Zadina is one the dumbest things I've ever read on this site. That's the literal equivalent of the Oilers not trading Yakupov for Barzal.
I never said that. I’m in favour of a trade like that.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Will never understand why this board constantly underrates him.

He's outclassed in every offensive skull possible by the similarly rated wingers. He's not playing a position as valuable as defense. He is days away from being eligible last year and his paltry production compared to his peers is telling. The best comments about him are useless drivel parroted by hockey dinosaurs.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
He's outclassed in every offensive skull possible by the similarly rated wingers. He's not playing a position as valuable as defense. He is days away from being eligible last year and his paltry production compared to his peers is telling. The best comments about him are useless drivel parroted by hockey dinosaurs.

The best comments about him compare him favourably to his father and brother. If we have a chance to draft Zadina, take him. But I would be thrilled if we landed Tkachuk. He’s almost a point a game at age 18. His offence doesn’t worry me one bit.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The best comments about him compare him favourably to his father and brother. If we have a chance to draft Zadina, take him. But I would be thrilled if we landed Tkachuk. He’s almost a point a game at age 18. His offence doesn’t worry me one bit.

I've read he's not really like them. He goes to the net and that's about it in terms of similarity. Doesn't stir the pot, or anything like Matthew does.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
The more I read about Tkachuk the more I think he will be a Montreal Canadien, he is the power forward to build around, next year you get your center...........I wont cry about it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
At some point, you expect more than top 6 potential with a 3rd OV pick, you want star potential. I don't see how you don't ask for more with Thomas if you entertain such a trade.

I don't get the star potential nuance. Don't early picks all have star potential? And don't they also own the potential to bust?

Are you suggesting Thomas doesn't have "star" potential?

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Will never understand why this board constantly underrates him.

Because they pay attention to what he does? Signing Radulov, good. Signing Byron, good. Some lateral moves - meh. Eller for seconds, worrisome. Better seconds for Shaw, not good. Subban for Weber, bad, very, very bad. Sergachev for Drouin, incomprehensibly bad, quality plus salary for problem player. Letting Radulov and Markov walk, horribly incomprehensibly bad, especially doing so with the goal of losing a trde. Keeping Lefebvre and JJ for years, no comment.

He didn't realize that Markov was the D coach for the last several years. Priceless.

Priceless? We have Price, but the defensive system is so bad you'd never know.

Therrien was way better than I thought he was before he was replaced.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Saying you wouldn't trade Borgstrom for Zadina is one the dumbest things I've ever read on this site. That's the literal equivalent of the Oilers not trading Yakupov for Barzal.

well i suppose that you are a new member on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad