Go on record: what does MB do with #3?

What does MB do with #3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
I say he trades it for a youngish Centre. I hope I’m wrong.

Edit: the idea of this poll is what do you think our all-wise GM will do, unlike the other poll which is what would you do?

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1. Zadina

2. Teams with depth at center will be making the call about a trade. They know we need centers and they know how good Zadina is. It's anybodies guess at what they offer.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
1. Zadina
2. Trades down in order to draft one of Kotkaniemi, Veleno or Hayton is available (that's depending on the trade partner)

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Personally, since #3 doesn’t have a can’t miss star and given this organizations one strength, left shot wingers, I’d be open to trading down, draft a center and pick up another quality asset. Habs are one organization that needs quantity. Two 6.5-7/10’s are better than one 7.5-8/10.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
1. Draft Zadina.
2. Bring back plecky and claim he will be a mentor for zadina. Insuring that he is on the right side of the Attitude line.

lynx

Oct 18, 2005
Zadina, a pure scorer which is a major need for the Habs, it has to be him.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
At this point I'm really hoping he just drafts Zadina, don't know if I trust him to do anything else. I'd assume his idea of a trade offer that can't be turned down is much different than what the majority of us think, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
Trade the number 3 pick for Borgstrom in Florida! They are stacked at center, or package patches with the pick for a bigger deal including Borgstrom, As long as he is involved in the deal i really don't care. Obviously if patches was the tipping point it would need to be more.

Maybe this would pry him from the organization.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Trade up to #2 and draft Svechnikov.

Crazy how Habs let Dudley join Canes right as draft approaches. That seems to be a killer for this deal - Dudley knows Bergevin's hand.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Trade up to #2 and draft Svechnikov.

Crazy how Habs let Dudley join Canes right as draft approaches. That seems to be a killer for this deal - Dudley knows Bergevin's hand.

I don't think it's really a big deal. The Habs haven't finalized their final draft list. The hurricanes are selecting in front of the Canadiens. Dudley will likely be bound to a confidentiality agreement.

In every subsequent round, we select ahead of them. There's really no risk here.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I still not able to cast a ballot yet but I would predict what WeThreeKings said above to be the closest approximation of what actually goes down: we will draft "attitude" over "aptitude" by taking Tkachuk and then spend the next decade wondering why we still can't score goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->