Go on record: what does MB do with #3?

What does MB do with #3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Trading it for immediate help would heat things up even more. Fans want this pick after what we endured. I don't want a bonafide 50 point guy for this pick. I want a guy who could be better.

The only way I'm not upset is if he some how trades it for the 2nd overall and then we pray that Svech becomes the superstar player we all want.

You'd be surprised at what Regular Joe wants. RJ wants a name, any name. And just like the dinosaurs on radio and TV, RJ believes that the time is now, not in 3-4 years from now.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
You'd be surprised at what Regular Joe wants. RJ wants a name, any name. And just like the dinosaurs on radio and TV, RJ believes that the time is now, not in 3-4 years from now.

Just hate the concept. I wouldn't sell my 5 dollar lotto ticket for 20 dollars. Because? Hope.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Cause the rest of the league didn't figure out Bergevin's hand already.

I was talking specifically about if he were to try to trade up to get the no. 2 pick(personally I want Svenchnikov), pretty sure Dudley knows who Bergevin will take. At the lottery, he told Francois they've already decided their top 5 (although I guess that could change after the U18's). When you try to trade up, sometimes you don't want the other team to know who you're taking, I would assume.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was talking specifically about if he were to try to trade up to get the no. 2 pick(personally I want Svenchnikov), pretty sure Dudley knows who Bergevin will take. At the lottery, he told Francois they've already decided their top 5 (although I guess that could change after the U18's). When you try to trade up, sometimes you don't want the other team to know who you're taking, I would assume.

Yeah, that part stinks. Remember what happened when Bergevin retained Dudley -- he was afforded permission to interview and hire him on the condition that he couldn't be involved with the upcoming draft. Who knows if Bergevin did the same.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I got preferences for who I want at #3 but whether we go with Zadina (close to consensus), Boqvist or Wahlstrom (either of which I prefer) or go outside consensus with Kotkaniemi, I’d be fine. I just want a talented player with either first line or first pairing potential that we can groom as one of our own. I’m not terribly interested in trading this pick for an outsider.

I think he is a BUM, but I am somewhat confident Bergevin doesn’t trade the pick for an NHL player. I think I’d just shut my TV off for the draft if he does that.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Would you trade #3 for any Centre prospect? What about Rob Thomas or Elias Pettersson?

I'd want more coming back with Thomas

Pettersson? In a f***ing heart beat and I laugh and cry, embrace everyone on these forums and wonder how Bergevin got so smart.

Reactions: Shabs

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
In my opinion, there's no way the Habs pass up on either Zadina or Svechnikov. Even though there's little to no chance Svech is available.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I can even envision a scenario where Svechnikov is available at #3 and Bergevin still takes Tkachuk because "attitude". The post-draft press conference would go down in history and this forum would probably crash.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'd want more coming back with Thomas

Pettersson? In a ****ing heart beat and I laugh and cry, embrace everyone on these forums and wonder how Bergevin got so smart.

I don't think you could get Thomas for the Habs 3OA. Thomas as a potential top 6 is much more valuable than the pick.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Would you trade #3 for any Centre prospect? What about Rob Thomas or Elias Pettersson?

Not for any center prospect but for someone with top 1C potential, definitely would do it.

Reactions: Shabs

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
I don't think you could get Thomas for the Habs 3OA. Thomas as a potential top 6 is much more valuable than the pick.

At some point, you expect more than top 6 potential with a 3rd OV pick, you want star potential. I don't see how you don't ask for more with Thomas if you entertain such a trade.

In any case, I'm all aboard the Svechnikov/Zadina bandwagon for sure. I would absolutely LOVE Svechnikov even though I think Zadina is the likelier selection. They're no centres, but damn they would help our offense.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Those interviews with the players at the combine will be critical. I don’t know Zadina’s or Svechnikov’s maturity levels, but if Tkachuk is able to come across strong with personality, I don’t think it shock anyone if we take him.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

It's quite common when those deals are made the team moving up has to promise to take a particular player. A deal like this is how the Canucks got the Sedin brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->