Speculation: Go All In or Be Patient?

Go All In or Be Patient

• Total voters

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
When your GM is playing the "patience" card after three years real hard ...

landscape-1474582895-warning-signs.jpg

RedFlags.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

11002211.jpg

Can't wait for a summer full of "now we need to get faster and more skilled! We realize that now! Craig ... err, Peter's on it!".

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You never miss an opportunity to lay on the big time doom and gloom. Don't you ever get tired of yourself? :D
Checked the standings lately? How about our prospect pool? The Oilers are deep in one and shallow in the other. I'll let you figure out which is which.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Checked the standings lately? How about our prospect pool? The Oilers are deep in one and shallow in the other. I'll let you figure out which is which.

Well...you tell us all about just how bad things will be moving forward.

Oh wait...you have already done that a hundred thousand times.

Come to think of it...thats all you do.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Well...you tell us all about just how bad things will be moving forward.

Oh wait...you have already done that a hundred thousand times.

Come to think of it...thats all you do.
I said this season the Oilers would be a playoff team but not a contender.

Guess that's what I get for being positive about this team. If there's reasons for positivity beyond McDavid I'm not seeing them. Exposed by the freaking Canucks. TWICE.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I said this season the Oilers would be a playoff team but not a contender.

Guess that's what I get for being positive about this team. If there's reasons for positivity beyond McDavid I'm not seeing them. Exposed by the freaking Canucks. TWICE.

Yup...never be positive about anything. Also...never miss an opportunity to tell the world how depressed you are.

So they lost to the Canucks in a meaningless game. So what?

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yup...never be positive about anything. Also...never miss an opportunity to tell the world how depressed you are.
Super depressed. ;)

Just imagine if the Oilers were chasing down a playoff spot. I guess that's a positive. This loss didn't knock us out of a playoff spot.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Super depressed. ;)

Just imagine if the Oilers were chasing down a playoff spot. I guess that's a positive. This loss didn't knock us out of a playoff spot.

Its meaningless. If they had won it would be just as meaningless.

Now Saturdays game on the other hand.....;)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sorry Connor, say bye bye to the Hart trophy for a couple of years. We need patience because the front office is still figuring things out after 3 full years and spending $20 million in cap.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I really want us to go all in, but at the same time, if we wait a year we could potentially see a Karlsson and/or OEL as UFA

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So if the games are meaningless (as you just stated) then why are you putting so much weight on the outcome?
Because of the fact they've been meaningless since Halloween.

Getting clowned by the Canucks (again) doesn't really give me much hope for next year. The media talks about winning out and playing for pride and whatnot...

That was a sorry performance. One of many this year. Outside of McDavid they don't care. And not only do they not care, they aren't very good even when they do care.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Unfortunately we have too many holes and not enough assets to fill them to go all in. Our only saving grace would be top UFA's signing short-term discount deals with us, of course nothing but a pipe dream at this point.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Because of the fact they've been meaningless since Halloween.

Getting clowned by the Canucks (again) doesn't really give me much hope for next year. The media talks about winning out and playing for pride and whatnot...

That was a sorry performance. One of many this year. Outside of McDavid they don't care. And not only do they not care, they aren't very good even when they do care.

Come on...stop with drama queen act.
You honestly cant be daft enough to judge the team on these last few games? This team displayed their issues the whole season and you think things are going to change in a couple of meaningless games? The only value in these games is to have some players play out of their funk.

You know what I think...I think you are just using this as an opportunity to continue your Eeyore impression.

In any event...you clearly arent going to stop no matter what myself (or anyone else) says. So I'm not sure why I am posting this stuff. :laugh:

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Is aggressively patient an option? An oxymoron of sorts, but I'd just like to stack value and prey on teams being stupid, kind of like New Jersey, we don't have the assets to keep overpaying in every trade and come out of it with the slightest shred of organizational depth.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Is aggressively patient an option? An oxymoron of sorts, but I'd just like to stack value and prey on teams being stupid, kind of like New Jersey, we don't have the assets to keep overpaying in every trade and come out of it with the slightest shred of organizational depth.

Ray Shero coming to town? Because that doesn't magically happen here. We are the quintessential "stupid team waiting to be taken advantage of", that's us, lol.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Come on...stop with drama queen act.
You honestly cant be daft enough to judge the team on these last few games? This team displayed their issues the whole season and you think things are going to change in a couple of meaningless games? The only value in these games is to have some players play out of their funk.

You know what I think...I think you are just using this as an opportunity to continue your Eeyore impression.

In any event...you clearly arent going to stop no matter what myself (or anyone else) says. So I'm not sure why I am posting this stuff. :laugh:
Okay, I won't judge them on the last few games... I'll judge them on the entire season. Garbage. Trash. Waste. They've been out of a playoff spot since October and never really threatened to climb back in. They have very few prospects of worth (assuming they don't win the lottery) and nobody in the organization seems to have a clue.

Please, give me reasons for positivity that don't mention Connor McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad