GDT: [GM55] Canucks vs Red Wings | Thur. Feb 15th, 7:00pm | SNP | Don't Let'em Hit Yah With The Griddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Did Joshua play after his fight couldn't recall.
3:52 left in the game and a 5 minute major.
At the risk of being a jerk, you do the math :D

I don't think it was the right play - Canucks were down two goals and a fight is meant to spark a team, it gives motivation for the team that's losing when the winning team wants to slow things down. The timing couldn't be more perfect for Chicago. Its a good thing they're bad.

Reactions: Orca Smash

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Hopefully the “first” or “second’ line can step it up and fill in for the ‘ third” line’s effort and production…I have my doubts…

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC

17 home games and 11 away games remaining. The worst of the schedule is over with. They should have this under control. That 9 game homestand in March will be very nice to better their structure going into the post-season.

Seeding for the bottom echelon of the teams will be interesting. Blues, Kings, Preds, Flames, Wild, Kraken, Coyotes are all battling for those Wild Card spots.

That was the loudest board hit I've ever heard lol

Look at your username, you've been marked
I also haven't posted here in months. Might be time for a change.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

Teaching him to stop crouching on point shots hopefully.

I find it nuts that a goalie can save an insane amount of HD shots but whiff on so many floaters, it terrifies me.
My only Thought is he's seen so many odd man rushes he's mastered them? JK sort of.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Canucks should clobber Walman. Dont be idiots and do a mock just hammer him for being a clown.

Dont even mind the celly but F that guy. Any reason for some bad blood lets get it on the ice.

Maybe DeBrincat wants a rematch with Cole?

Seider want to have a go with Zadorov and when he throws you down maybe he keeps pounding you like you did to Joshua you prick.

Hoping for a spirited match.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Would be a good spot for Podkolzin to fill in since he and Garland have shown some chemistry in the past but that goes against the management’s philosophy of calling legit prospects up when they’re ready for a full time role so I understand not calling him up.
I'm literally the biggest Podz fan and would love to see him but the whole management thing is way off.
He's getting top minutes, finally getting some confidence, why disrupt that unless it's long-term and the team struggles to fill it with the current roster.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
If he had a broken hand you would think it would be obvious and he wouldn't be doing post game interviews and also that Tocchet wouldn't "think" it had something to do with the fight. Also you'd think they wouldn't have to evaluate him 2 days later... if it was broken I'd think it'd be obvious right away. Maybe just a sore hand? bruised bone?

Reactions: Chiripa20

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
The cost of going to games vs the cost of living has probably 5x since then, if not more.
That kind of makes sense, but other cities are expensive too and their arenas aren't that dead. I think at some point it flipped and becamse uncool to express emotion at the game. People just sit quietly and chat with their friends for the most part.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
If he had a broken hand you would think it would be obvious and he wouldn't be doing post game interviews and also that Tocchet wouldn't "think" it had something to do with the fight. Also you'd think they wouldn't have to evaluate him 2 days later... if it was broken I'd think it'd be obvious right away. Maybe just a sore hand? bruised bone?
He was punching a helmet.. that can't feel good days later but you'd think the signs of a broken hand would be immediate

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm literally the biggest Podz fan and would love to see him but the whole management thing is way off.
He's getting top minutes, finally getting some confidence, why disrupt that unless it's long-term and the team struggles to fill it with the current roster.
I agree in the sense that you should t yo-yo prospects up and down during a season. Keep them in one place and allow them to develop. When the canucks do call him up the hope should be that they don’t have to send him down again.

Not a fan of what Montreal did with Roy after a strong 30 games in the A in his pro year. Leave the kid down there.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Will be interesting to see how a Dakota -less 3rd line responds?

Hopefully Z is on the ice when Garland gets decapitated by an opposing salivating D man.
Ive been a Joshua fan even back when people here wanted him waived, and I want him re-signed but I don’t think Joshua is as big of a deterrent to keeping Garland from being hospitalized as you think. I’ve seen plenty of players still try to hit him hard, ditto with Hoglander, but these guys are used to it so they’ve learned to adapt. Once in awhile they will get lit up though, it’s inevitable.

I would sure hope the Canucks wouldn’t be afraid of being physical with Bedard even if Tinordi, Murphy or Foligno are on the ice/rister or DeBrincat if Rasmussen and Chiarot are on the ice.

Your team is in a lot of trouble if they’re that easily intimidated.

I’ve see little Yanni Gourde throw hits, go to the net and initiate scrums in Seattle despite playing with big tough brutes Tolvanen and Bjorkstrand.

I do worry that with Mikheyev that line will be too perimeter oriented now, Blueger does go to the net, but Joshua was the main finisher in the high scoring areas.

Last edited:

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Give my boy Woo a game doofuses
A prospect has to show something to make a team think there is any point to putting him into the game to see what he can do or let him see what he needs to work on. There just enough point to it to do it with guys that aren't close to being better than injury depth level.

Canucks' management has been sensible enough that if they do it I'll figure they have a reason, but with our previous management I'd consider it was them being doofuses if they put a player of Woo's level in a game.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Canucks don't have many creampuff teams on the schedule for the rest of the season. Lots of games like this one where the other team is fighting to get into/stay in the playoffs. They also only have 6 more Eastern teams on the schedule.

Playoff Teams:
Red Wings
Jets (3)
Avalanche (2)
Bruins
Kings (4)
Golden Knights (3)
Stars
Oilers

Above .500:
Wild
Kraken
Penguins
Capitals
Flames (2)
Coyotes (2)

Creampuff:
Ducks (2)
Sabres
Canadiens

It's a weird schedule to close out the season.

1) Yeah, opponents are tough

BUT

2) Fewest remaining games in the league so lots of space between games.

3) 0 B2Bs remanining.

4) 17-11 home/road split.

The general scheduling is incredibly soft for the home stretch but the quality of competition is tough.

Reactions: Vector

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks have a target on their backs right now. As the league leaders, they've become a 'measuring stick' team. Everybody wants to beat them, and obviously the Wings will be motivated.

This could be a sticky game tonight. The Canucks schedule is bordering on 'ridiculous' right now. Home for two games, and then back out on the road for more games in tough buildings.

Really depends on how much energy they can bring to the rink tonight. They looked dogged tired in Chicago at times--and were fortunate to be playing the worst team in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad