GDT: [GM55] Canucks vs Red Wings | Thur. Feb 15th, 7:00pm | SNP | Don't Let'em Hit Yah With The Griddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Not sure how the Canucks will perform in this game..They've only been back a day and a half from their extended road (which seems like weeks ago)..have they acclimatized themselves enough.?

The Wings just got clobbered by the Oilers , and you dont want to face a team thats just been embarrassed.

Would like to see the Canucks win this one fair and square..Last Saturday, they were in full control of the game, and with the aid of some terrible game management calls by the refs..the Wings got back in the game they had no business being in.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Losing Joshua hurts but our forward depth is insane ,

We should be good

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Would be a good spot for Podkolzin to fill in since he and Garland have shown some chemistry in the past but that goes against the management’s philosophy of calling legit prospects up when they’re ready for a full time role so I understand not calling him up.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Would be a good spot for Podkolzin to fill in since he and Garland have shown some chemistry in the past but that goes against the management’s philosophy of calling legit prospects up when they’re ready for a full time role so I understand not calling him up.

I think, and someone better at this particular aspect could correct me, there's some ELC bonus shenanigans at play as well. If they call him up, because they are using LTIR, he would automatically trigger his bonuses and those would toll into next season. Something like that. I'm not entirely sure how it works but I do believe that is part of it while also letting prospects cook until they are 100% ready or contracts force their hand.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I definitely saw it at the time but didnt think much of it but it definitely looked like Joshua broke his hand in his fight with Entwistle.

• Wow
Reactions: Play

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
that... really sucks. that's the only line that's going right now. luckily we know it's garland driving that offense and not joshua, but he's so good at the little things that it's hard to replace him.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I think, and someone better at this particular aspect could correct me, there's some ELC bonus shenanigans at play as well. If they call him up, because they are using LTIR, he would automatically trigger his bonuses and those would toll into next season. Something like that. I'm not entirely sure how it works but I do believe that is part of it while also letting prospects cook until they are 100% ready or contracts force their hand.
You would need to be out ot ltir to get any of it covered this season.. it also works like accrual does so even if the wete the bonus amount under the cap at the end of the season it wouldnt matter as they would not have accrued enough space

So you cant waive a player in the 24th hour and have it covered

Reactions: Vector

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
He's sort of right.

Lindholm would be fantastic at 5 mil AAV with his versatility and ability to play on both ends of the ice. At his rumored 8 mil...yeah, he's too much of a complementary piece offensively.
He's not great at sustaining possession in the OZ. That's why having Hog on that line has worked. For the kind of money he's looking for, you would hope for more of an offensive play driver than he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00