GDT: [GM55] Canucks vs Red Wings | Thur. Feb 15th, 7:00pm | SNP | Don't Let'em Hit Yah With The Griddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I see Dakota getting injured as a bit of a silver lining. Assuming he's not out too long (and Tanner Pearson's surgeon doesn't get involved) it will give Tocchet the opportunity to try some different line combinations. This is good for this season, but could also shine some light on who to prioritize keeping come the offseason.

That said, hope it's more a 2-3 week timeline, not a 6-8 week one.

Reactions: Regress2TheMeme

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
So what's the deal with PDG? Have we just completely given up on him after his poor stint? He was a great complementary piece for decent chunks of two seasons. Seems like nobody is expecting him to return to form at some point.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I was Jagger Joshua was good.

download.php

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I was thinking about his hand as soon as that fight started, don't see many anymore but that hawk player was turning his head and I kept thinking all he has to hit is mostly helmet which won't be good for his hand.

Reactions: Vector

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
So what's the deal with PDG? Have we just completely given up on him after his poor stint? He was a great complementary piece for decent chunks of two seasons. Seems like nobody is expecting him to return to form at some point.
His production has really dried up but he still passes the eye test for me. He plays within himself, keeps thigs simple and works hard. Even when he's not scoring he's still helping this team play the way Tocchet wants them to play.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I think him being decent was more a product of how bad the overall team was. A mirage of sorts

Reactions: Chiripa20

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I was Jagger Joshua was good.

download.php

You…what?

-

Hopefully it’s just precautionary with Joshua. Sucks to see him come out especially after one of his best games of his career. Guessing Aman just slots in for the time being.

I’ll just re iterate - we need our All Stars to play like All Stars. Detroit’s going to be motivated, hopefully we are, too.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
How many games have teams been upset or motivated or angry coming into vancouver blah blah.. be interesting to see our record
Coming into games, there are all sorts of mitigating/motivating factors for teams (isnt that what this thread is for..?)..If it annoys you that posters write about it, just move on to the next post .

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Coming into games, there are all sorts of mitigating/motivating factors for teams (isnt that what this thread is for..?)..If it annoys you that posters write about it, just move on to the next post .
Why am i annoyed - what did i say that showed i am annoyed?

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
are the canucks the first team to declare injuries as week-to-months
most indefinitely
Losing Joshua hurts but our forward depth is insane ,

We should be good

Would be a good spot for Podkolzin to fill in since he and Garland have shown some chemistry in the past but that goes against the management’s philosophy of calling legit prospects up when they’re ready for a full time role so I understand not calling him up.

that... really sucks. that's the only line that's going right now. luckily we know it's garland driving that offense and not joshua, but he's so good at the little things that it's hard to replace him.
Don't think so. Garland needs Joshua to give him room.
Garland is exciting to watch and he's a playmaking rat but he's easily manhandled. You can stop him easily just by giving him a bear hug. He'll spend more time fighting his way out of checks then making plays, just like Steve Kariya. With Joshua on his line, that doesn't happen. Joshua is like Bertuzzi or Probert on that line.

Reactions: Chiripa20

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Wow, that really sucks about Joshua but we're finally facing a bit of adversity and have doing a relatively good job at handling it.

Hope he isn't out too long, he's been such a beauty this year.

Reactions: LuckyDay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad