GDT: [GM55] Canucks vs Red Wings | Thur. Feb 15th, 7:00pm | SNP | Don't Let'em Hit Yah With The Griddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
My god this Wallman thing has gotten too far. He scored an OT goal on a penalty shot…. He’s gonna celly. Who cares. Any different than Kane going on 1 knee , or garland shooting bow and arrows etc.

Know how to make sure he doesn’t do it again? Beat them.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I’m hoping being back on home ice rejuvenates our top players a bit. All of our guys who went to the ASG (except Demko) have looked pretty lethargic the last few games outside of a few moments. We need our best players to be our best players as we enter the stretch drive.

Need to see something from Lindholm. He scored in 1 of the 5 games so far with us and is a minus -3. For a pending UFA his value in the off-season is plummeting.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Canucks don't have many creampuff teams on the schedule for the rest of the season. Lots of games like this one where the other team is fighting to get into/stay in the playoffs. They also only have 6 more Eastern teams on the schedule.

Playoff Teams:
Red Wings
Jets (3)
Avalanche (2)
Bruins
Kings (4)
Golden Knights (3)
Stars
Oilers

Above .500:
Wild
Kraken
Penguins
Capitals
Flames (2)
Coyotes (2)

Creampuff:
Ducks (2)
Sabres
Canadiens
Yeah but all our remaining games are against teams below us in the standings. Clearly the league office favours us and that's why we are doing well.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
In terms of us re signing him versus his salary ask? Yes fine.. of course production is key
Yup.

I have no issues. I wasn't expecting him to be a PPG player. Right now, he's a versatile middle 6 center that can play the PK and potentially take on some tough heavy minutes while chipping in 40-50 pts. This helps relieve the pressures on JT Miller and Pettersson.

He was an absolute bargain for the Flames at 4.85mil per year. His PPG season in 2021-2022 is why he will get big bucks in the off-season though.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Yup.

I have no issues. I wasn't expecting him to be a PPG player. Right now, he's a versatile middle 6 center that can play the PK and potentially take on some tough heavy minutes while chipping in 40-50 pts. This helps relieve the pressures on JT Miller and Pettersson.

He was an absolute bargain for the Flames at 4.85mil per year. His PPG season in 2021-2022 is why he will get big bucks in the off-season though.
what do you think he gets? Personally I'm hard-pressed to see him go over eight

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
This was a road trip where our guys looked bad after the first game but still found ways to come out positive after. We stole a point in one and found ways to win in all but the Bruins game. The Carolina game was the best we looked - winning team vs winning team.

Lindholm just got here. I have a feeling his -3 will be unsustainable and be closer to the mean as his season with us goes on.

Reactions: Indiana

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
what do you think he gets? Personally I'm hard-pressed to see him go over eight
Based on the rising cap and scarcity for centers. 7.75mil x 8 years? 8mil AAV if a stupid rebuilding team opts to pay up.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
If we win I hope all our players do the griddy as post celebration on ice
Carolina-esque celebration with a team wide center ice griddy

Twitter fans and the media are trying so hard to make the Walman celly a thing. Some people are way too bored.
It’s a giant nothing, guy celebrated after a game winning goal, f*** off and move on. I personally love his personality and that’s kind of his thing, not the first time and won’t be the last time he does it

Reactions: Play and Nucker101

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Carolina-esque celebration with a team wide center ice griddy

It’s a giant nothing, guy celebrated after a game winning goal, f*** off and move on. I personally love his personality and that’s kind of his thing, not the first time and won’t be the last time he does it

Old ass traditionalist be like ‘how dare he sully the game!’

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I am not watching a minute of Canucks hockey if Joshua is out. This is bull.

PDG - Aman - Lafferty....ugh.

Reactions: Play
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad