Post-Game Talk: [GM41] Canucks lose to Lightning | 4-5 | Garland, Miller, Hughes, and Pettersson

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Ahh yes star players calling out this organization training and health staff.

Pretty par for the course
-Every season Pettersson trained in the offseason with Vancouver he played like shit.
- every season he spent in Sweden he is has been an all-star.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
i thought JR and his crew were supposed to make this team professional again?

FaintIllustriousBurro-max-1mb.gif

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
NHL head office recommended Rutherford. They recommended Gorton to Habs ownership.

If you've been running an NHL team for 17 years and have to take an NHL recommendation...I don't even know what. I still maintain Rutherford was a poor choice. But, like most I kinda felt reason to celebrate because we were going from damn near historic levels of incompetence to just mediocre-regular incompetence. The shine Rutherford got from the Pittsburgh cups did mask a lot of...inefficiencies he's had regularly on his resume. Not that that should diminish his achievements. He's like an average executive. Sometimes he does well, sometimes he does poorly.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I don't think Horvat fights, or even knows how to. He looks like a fighter, but he's the same as Boeser.
He is actually a pretty good fighter..Most fights he has been in have been against opponents bigger than himself,…He can handle himself.

Reactions: quat

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If you've been running an NHL team for 17 years and have to take an NHL recommendation...I don't even know what. I still maintain Rutherford was a poor choice. But, like most I kinda felt reason to celebrate because we were going from damn near historic levels of incompetence to just mediocre-regular incompetence. The shine Rutherford got from the Pittsburgh cups did mask a lot of...inefficiencies he's had regularly on his resume. Not that that should diminish his achievements. He's like an average executive. Sometimes he does well, sometimes he does poorly.
That’s the thing though. This team needed to hire a top tier executive to turn this around. Average can’t fix this mess.

I was sceptical about this regime from day one, but especially after Allvin just happened to be the “best” man for the GM job. Crazy coincidence.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
As much as I trust Dr. Hughes, at this point we have no idea what happened. If it's a hand/tendon thing then those can get extremely tricky. Not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt, just going to wait and see what comes out here.

But obviously the players aren't happy about it, and I'm sure that includes a certain captain that is apparently close friends with Pearson.

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
As much as I trust Dr. Hughes, at this point we have no idea what happened. If it's a hand/tendon thing then those can get extremely tricky. Not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt, just going to wait and see what comes out here.

But obviously the players aren't happy about it, and I'm sure that includes a certain captain that is apparently close friends with Pearson.
I don’t get why people are skeptical of what Hughes said… players talk to one another even when injured and I’m sure Pearson’s up to date of what happened to him.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
That’s the thing though. This team needed to hire a top tier executive to turn this around. Average can’t fix this mess.

I was sceptical about this regime from day one, but especially after Allvin just happened to be the “best” man for the GM job. Crazy coincidence.

100% correct in my estimations. I don't have anything against Rutherford, I just never saw him as the right guy for the job. And to tell you the truth, I don't know much about Allvin still. His work in Pittsburgh as much as is available to public knowledge doesn't exactly jump off the page. At least he's a huge upgrade in the articulation department.

I don’t get why people are skeptical of what Hughes said… players talk to one another even when injured and I’m sure Pearson’s up to date of what happened to him.

Regardless of team or management implications, I think we can agree that f***ing sucks for Pearson and I wish him the best.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

I wouldn't say I'm skeptical, we just don't have the full context. Did he get rushed back? Was this an injury where different doctors would give different advice (surgery v rehab) and he was pushed into surgery? Was the actual surgery botched? No idea. Don't even know what the injury is.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I still remember when the Pearson contract was announced.

Ferraro was on the radio, and let slip an exepletive

“Why is a team this bad so afraid to sell off any players? They are __________ terrible”

Pettersson and Hughes weren’t signed and they had no cap space

Literally NOBODY could understand the extension. It was so random and out of the blue.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I can obviously see both sides of it but I stand by my opinion above.
That's what great about this place. I disagree that the response was to be expected, but get that others may not feel the same way. I can't bring to mind a player who wasn't in an agreed fight situation getting clocked like that without a penalty. I'd be surprised if Sergachev doesn't get some kind of reprimand. The optics of that punch look pretty bad.

Reactions: Indiana

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I think by then, my reaction was something like "well f***, add that to the pile of things I don't get".

I was laughing so hard when it was announced

You had the guy who signed the contract saying how difficult it was going to be to sign Petey and Quinn

And he he just gives the most random contract I’ve ever seen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad