Post-Game Talk: [GM41] Canucks lose to Lightning | 4-5 | Garland, Miller, Hughes, and Pettersson

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Fought nurse once who is a pretty big tough guy
I missed that. I've been kind of hopeful that it's something he's not skilled at and therefore doesn't fight for that reason. I used to hate watching him turn his back on his teammates getting gooned up by the opposition. Figured it had more to do with Green's coaching ... but it's a lot harder to stick with that these days. He just won't push back.

Garland must be pretty pissed that not one of his teammates had his back

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Like I said, I was fine with both of them getting two minutes. Garland was acting tough trying to draw a penalty and got punched in the face for it. Refs knew exactly what he was doing and let them both off instead of giving them both penalties, so it's a zero to me.
Refs have been pretty generous to the Canucks overall this season, we just don't bother to make a big deal out of the ones that go our way

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This was the 19th game where the Canucks surrendered five goals, and coughed up another two powerplay goals.

I don't care how well you might play for stretches of a game.....those stats alone will result in a loss most nights.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I missed that. I've been kind of hopeful that it's something he's not skilled at and therefore doesn't fight for that reason. I used to hate watching him turn his back on his teammates getting gooned up by the opposition. Figured it had more to do with Green's coaching ... but it's a lot harder to stick with that these days. He just won't push back.

Garland must be pretty pissed that not one of his teammates had his back
That's why a guy like Garland can't agitate as much on this team, put him on the Bruins and he'd become a lil rat bro for Marchand

Reactions: Orr4Norris and quat

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
Like I said, I was fine with both of them getting two minutes. Garland was acting tough trying to draw a penalty and got punched in the face for it. Refs knew exactly what he was doing and let them both off instead of giving them both penalties, so it's a zero to me.
That could have ended up a brawl, easily. Refs are lucky the canucks are pretty spineless. Horvat wasn’t gonna do shit.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Who wants to turn the team around!??? I want to tank! I just can’t stand weak ass primadonna hockey. Bring in Tocchet who will force out the losers who don’t want to fight, like Myers, Horvat, Boeser and OEL , and bring in guys that will, right now. I want lunchbucket and hard hats.
I don't want him near guys like EP. Look at a player like Keller with Tocchet vs without.

There's a reason why he hasn't been hired in years.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

There was a couple little things back and forth and then a haymaker to the face. Guy being a little bit of an agitator doesn’t mean you get to wind up for a massive gloved punch like that.

That is a penalty every time and was a horrifically blown call.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think Horvat fights, or even knows how to. He looks like a fighter, but he's the same as Boeser.
Doesn't have to fight many times. Ragdoll or wrestle around Do some facewashing and cross check ribs. Some kind of push back to show your team won't take shit. Nobody should complain about your team standing up for itself in game 41 of a season that's already over.

When you're an elite team with a proven identity you don't need to fight much. Kill them on the PP is usually a deterrent. When you're a shit team you absolutely have to stand up for each other otherwise what is your team's identity? Getting bullied on the scoreboard and physically manhandled? Bad teams need to show fight and push back or else young players will just accept losing and being pushed around as acceptable.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Who the Frank is Aquilini’s right hand man telling him to hire Rutherford and go after Tocket?

I need to know who this idiot is?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
There was a couple little things back and forth and then a haymaker to the face. Guy being a little bit of an agitator doesn’t mean you get to wind up for a massive gloved punch like that.

That is a penalty every time and was a horrifically blown call.

I can obviously see both sides of it but I stand by my opinion above.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad