Post-Game Talk: [GM41] Canucks lose to Lightning | 4-5 | Garland, Miller, Hughes, and Pettersson

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
If you think Tocchet it going to turn this team around...lol
Who wants to turn the team around!??? I want to tank! I just can’t stand weak ass primadonna hockey. Bring in Tocchet who will force out the losers who don’t want to fight, like Myers, Horvat, Boeser and OEL , and bring in guys that will, right now. I want lunchbucket and hard hats.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe you missed Sergachev cross checking him close to his neck? Come on man, there's a pretty different line between face washing and doing your level best to knock someone out.
Plus Serge waited until the ref was in the way before throwing the cheap shot. Chicken shit move.

Somebody should've dropped Serge right there. I think Horvat is too soft and doesn't step up in those scenarios. You can be Mr nice guy but also step up to protect your teammates when needed. Iginla did that for years in Calgary.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Plus Serge waited until the ref was in the way before throwing the cheap shot. Chicken shit move.

Somebody should've dropped Serge right there. I think Horvat is too soft and doesn't step up in those scenarios. You can be Mr nice guy but also step up to protect your teammates when needed. Iginla did that for years in Calgary.
I don't think Horvat fights, or even knows how to. He looks like a fighter, but he's the same as Boeser.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Who wants to turn the team around!??? I want to tank! I just can’t stand weak ass primadonna hockey. Bring in Tocchet who will force out the losers who don’t want to fight, like Myers, Horvat, Boeser and OEL , and bring in guys that will, right now. I want lunchbucket and hard hats.
You must be misremembering his Yotes teams, they weren't overly physical or tough to play against

Reactions: mossey3535 and quat

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Well that was a decent game. Showed some heart but still pulled off the regulation loss. Perfect in my viewpoint. This is perhaps the earliest ever that I have been cheering for a tank. And I seldom have in years past.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Garland slashed the goalie, got tossed aside. He came back in his face, got punched. That's just hockey, either punch him back or get lost. Garland just fishing for a penalty.

It was just hockey until one guy threw the sort of haymaker that is called 100% of the time. That will be the single hardest uncalled punch in any NHL game this season.

Also TB had had a nearly 2 minute 5-on-3 earlier in the game.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
What a stupid tweet... doesn't explain what he means at all lol
PJ is usually very good with that kind of stuff. I’m 99% sure that if he tweeted it like that, he did it intentionally knowing that we would perceive a certain tone from what Hughes said.

Reactions: wonton15

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It was just hockey until one guy threw the sort of haymaker that is called 100% of the time. That will be the single hardest uncalled punch in any NHL game this season.

Also TB had had a nearly 2 minute 5-on-3 earlier in the game.

Like I said, I was fine with both of them getting two minutes. Garland was acting tough trying to draw a penalty and got punched in the face for it. Refs knew exactly what he was doing and let them both off instead of giving them both penalties, so it's a zero to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad