Post-Game Talk: [GM41] Canucks lose to Lightning | 4-5 | Garland, Miller, Hughes, and Pettersson

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
When are we going to stop giving this flawed roster a 'pass' when it comes to coaching? This is essentially the same group that went 32-15 under Boudreau last season and finished with 92 points. So they've proven they can do it.

But the simple fact is this roster folds when the going gets tough; and has zero discipline on the defensive side of the puck. I'm sure Boudreau and the coaching staff has had them looking at hours of video. But they're mostly incapable or unwilling to change the way they play.

That Bieksa talk didn't do much to this bunch, what a damn waste. To many veterans making way too much money while the young ones are just flustered on why they are struggling.

Reactions: mossey3535

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
QH said that the team was willing to go through a brick wall for him at the beginning of this season.

Bruce is a nice guy. I'm sure they like him. This team apparently liked Green too.

This team needs a coach they respect. Or don't like.

From the very start of the season, Bruce has come across as a confused old man who doesn't know how to make things better here.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
It's difficult seeing Bedard posts because we all know that no matter how badly the Canucks play this season, he's going somewhere else. I'd rather just appreciate the chance to draft in the top 10 and be satisfied. Getting close and then watching Bedard go to the Hawks will really make things all that much worse.

That said, it's pretty amusing that the fans trying their best to support the team by saying you don't trade your valuable players, keep getting kicked in the teeth by the players and the coach.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Bruce is a nice guy. I'm sure they like him. This team apparently liked Green too.

From the very start of the season, Bruce has come across as a confused old man who doesn't know how to make things better here.
Bruce's replacement:

Ripple - Investing - AnalystForum

Reactions: Indiana

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
At some point next Wednesday, Luke Schenn needs to take a stroll deep into Tampa's end of the rink and invite Sergachev to have a cup of tea and a chat.

Reactions: quat

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I just noticed that Aquaman's last tweet from December, he turned off the comment section lmao.

But his post before, people are shredding the guy to bits on the comments section.

its not him turning off the comment section probably the PR team. i blasted him on twitter before and i got blocked LOL

• Haha
Reactions: mathonwy

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
At some point next Wednesday, Luke Schenn needs to take a stroll deep into Tampa's end of the rink and invite Sergachev to have a cup of tea and a chat.

Considering Schenn and Sergachev were teammates for 2 years I doubt it

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Anybody have a gif of miller shouting at the bench and smashing his stick like a big bitch baby

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands

Yes, Miller is a bozo at times. This is not one of those times. The entire Canucks team aside from Miller (who is dumb about it) and Schenn (who, sadly, is probably the only Canuck that actually cares in a smart way anymore) has zero emotions. They play like a bunch of city workers. Go to work, punch the clock, do the minimum work possible, don't upset the apple cart because this is how we've always done things and go home at the end of the day.

Quite frankly it's embarrassing.

Though clearly Miller's angry shtick isn't getting through / producing results. But put Miller and his fire into a disciplined system where players play for each other and the team, 8 million would look a bargain.

The Canucks are just a disaster, top to bottom. I'd be f***ing pissed too.

Reactions: racerjoe and m9

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Though clearly Miller's angry shtick isn't getting through / producing results. But put Miller and his fire into a disciplined system where players play for each other and the team, 8 million would look a bargain.

I'd like to put his fire into someone who doesn't bail on defence regularly.

• Haha
Reactions: mathonwy and jd22

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Miller in a disciplined system is a 60 point player. His production here stems from doing whatever he feels like and when it goes wrong he just blames someone else or shows them up with his demonstrations.

Being a demonstrative loud mouth doesn’t mean he cares more it means he’s ill disciplined and can’t manage his emotions. The exact opposite of a leader.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Mission accomplished!

They looked better losing! Sort of.

Tampa looked horrible, disinterested, bored, like they were out for a stroll and they almost blew a 3 goal lead by concentrating on getting Stamkos his 500th goal passing up 4 or 5 AAA chances at scoring more goals.

Maybe they felt bad for the Canucks so they eased up, almost too much.

On the Segachev right cross, Garland did his "accidently on purpose" over the top right to his face first. Not nearly as hard but I think the thumb of his glove, which is reinforced, poked his eye or very close to it.

Another loss but still in 26th in the league. It just goes to show how hard it is to move in the standings now.

Miller would be a great guy to have on a team that isn't in this situation. He is the type of guy that coaches like to have ...... on winning teams. But he would/will be a disaster leading a bunch of young players. He is actually probably pretty close to a Messier type leader without the previous success. From his career point of view he goes from a NYR playoff team to Tampa a playoff team, signs a team friendly contract, gets immediately traded as far away as possible from his new home, to a losing team in chaos, then unexpectedly offered the winning lottery ticket and a bunch of lies. Now thinking he is stuck ("my contract sucks") and will never have a chance at a cup run. You see that is why he is good on a winning team, he really wants to win a cup but it is too much for him to carry the team on his back but he now thinks he has to. Class A personality.

TSN Overdrive gets some kudos from me, finally not ridiculing the fanbase!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

I dont think there's a lack of respect from the players to the coach, but I agree that he has ran out of ideas to motivate this group of players this season.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I dont think there's a lack of respect from the players to the coach, but I agree that he has ran out of ideas to motivate this group of players this season.
Boudreau has more than 600 wins as an NHL coach, and has been a winner wherever he's been. But you can see he's at his wits end with this group of players.

I'm sure by now he's tried just about anything. This team could bring in Scotty Bowman and Toe Blake in their prime and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. Last night you could see even John Cooper behind the Tampa bench shaking his head at some of the bonehead breakdowns by both teams in this game. The Canucks bring that out in teams.

The spotlight is now where it belongs--on Allvin and Rutherford. They're the only guys who can fix it.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Yes, Miller is a bozo at times. This is not one of those times. The entire Canucks team aside from Miller (who is dumb about it) and Schenn (who, sadly, is probably the only Canuck that actually cares in a smart way anymore) has zero emotions. They play like a bunch of city workers. Go to work, punch the clock, do the minimum work possible, don't upset the apple cart because this is how we've always done things and go home at the end of the day.

Quite frankly it's embarrassing.

The Canucks are just a disaster, top to bottom. I'd be f***ing pissed too.

Miller is showing the maturity and leadership of a spoiled brat. His childish tantrums would've been much less of an issue if his own plays weren't so problematic.

From what I see, he's an opportunistic player who tends to make better situations better but bad situations worse.

The problem of this team starts at Fredo, Moleman, and Alv. If he's so seething with emotions, why doesn't he yell at any of those three guys? Instead he's just putting on a show for the camera and scream at his once-AHL rookie goalie trying to look like a big shot? No, Miller, you don't look like a big shot this way, you look like a spineless pitiful douchebag.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Miller in a disciplined system is a 60 point player. His production here stems from doing whatever he feels like and when it goes wrong he just blames someone else or shows them up with his demonstrations.

Being a demonstrative loud mouth doesn’t mean he cares more it means he’s ill disciplined and can’t manage his emotions. The exact opposite of a leader.
He also didn't put himself at the top of our salary cap structure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad