Post-Game Talk: [GM41] Canucks lose to Lightning | 4-5 | Garland, Miller, Hughes, and Pettersson

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That's what great about this place. I disagree that the response was to be expected, but get that others may not feel the same way. I can't bring to mind a player who wasn't in an agreed fight situation getting clocked like that without a penalty. I'd be surprised if Sergachev doesn't get some kind of reprimand. The optics of that punch look pretty bad.

I hear ya. I'm a bit biased because I thought it was completely stupid for Garland to pull his penalty-drawing act (which he is quite good at) at that time in the game when they obviously aren't going to call a penalty. So maybe it's the time/situation that are a bigger factor to me than anything.

I know "f*** around and find out" has gotten overused, but that's what happened to Garland.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I just noticed that Aquaman's last tweet from December, he turned off the comment section lmao.

But his post before, people are shredding the guy to bits on the comments section.

Wow? Rich man doesn't like his feet being held to the fire? I am shocked.

- That's not directed at you, just find it hilarious after all the "if you diss anyone, diss me" bravado. Once again, pull the curtain and the great wizard is just a feeble little shell of a man. Rich people are the most predictable people on the planet.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Wow? Rich man doesn't like his feet being held to the fire? I am shocked.

- That's not directed at you, just find it hilarious after all the "if you diss anyone, diss me" bravado. Once again, pull the curtain and the great wizard is just a feeble little shell of a man. Rich people are the most predictable people on the planet.

We all remember that tweet during training camp at Whistler, saying he's excited about this team and the season upon us. After that horrendous 0-5-2 start and people absolutely coming at Aquaman at that tweet, he deleted it.

This is a perfect Dhaliwal tweet. Talked to an agent who says absolutely nothing and then doesn't even have the ability to piece together the proper phrasing.

I am sick and tired of Dhaliwal's 'sources' and bull****, like he gets crap from his people he's been talking to and nothing comes out of it.

We have to get better insiders than Dhaliwal, honest to freaking god.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I am sick and tired of Dhaliwal's 'sources' and bull****, like he gets crap from his people he's been talking to and nothing comes out of it.

We have to get better insiders than Dhaliwal, honest to freaking god.

To be fair to Dhali, like 80% of what insiders are fed doesn't come to pass. Some have better filters, but we as fans have the choice to listen or not.

Our print journalism for the record I've never cared for, outside of Botch and Gallagher.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Canucks should run Vasi next week. They let Tampa get away with way too much. At least take a bit out of them if you’re gonna lose.

Reactions: Indiana

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I still remember when the Pearson contract was announced.

Ferraro was on the radio, and let slip an exepletive

“Why is a team this bad so afraid to sell off any players? They are __________ terrible”

Pettersson and Hughes weren’t signed and they had no cap space

Literally NOBODY could understand the extension. It was so random and out of the blue.
Not to mention above market.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Is it a co-incidence that untethered from OEL, Myers might have had his best game in three weeks? I don't think so.

I just can't see how the Canucks can live with OEL for even the next two seasons.....he's declining that fast. I wonder what the Aquaman will say when Rutherford comes to him asking for permission to hand over $19m to OEL for not playing for them.

But then I guess Jimbo came to him asking for the sign-off to trade for OEL and Garland in the first place. So if he's pissed, just look in the mirror.

?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

“Why is a team this bad so afraid to sell off any players? They are __________ terrible”

Literally NOBODY could understand the extension. It was so random and out of the blue.

it was to keep horvat happy because horvat really appreciated having pearson as a veteran voice in the room

the same horvat they made a lame duck captain and are kicking to the curb

but at least it's a new management group moving on from horvat. remember when our previous management overpaid for dorsett to mentor kassian, and then a year later traded kassian and a pick for prust because dorsett needed help mentoring the young guys? and then prust turned out to be a toxic influence on virtanen and mccann so they traded mccann and a pick for gudbranson's calming influence?

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver

It was an idiotic contract but it wasn't surprising in the slightest. A Jim Benning special.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Whoever is coaching next better come up with a better game plan.
I swear Bruce is just coasting til he gets the boot, along side all of his assistants.

It's freaking clear this team doesn't care for Bruce anymore.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
but at least it's a new management group moving on from horvat. remember when our previous management overpaid for dorsett to mentor kassian, and then a year later traded kassian and a pick for prust because dorsett needed help mentoring the young guys? and then prust turned out to be a toxic influence on virtanen and mccann so they traded mccann and a pick for gudbranson's calming influence?
Trades for "veteran" Sutter to "mentor" Horvat. Willie proceeds to put "veteran" Sutter *AS A WINGER* with the Sedins at the start of the season; leaving *2nd year player) with the toughest defensive center assignments. Meaningless that Willie came to senses; what a sh*tty way to handle your prospects. No wonder the big Russian left town & never came back.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I swear Bruce is just coasting til he gets the boot, along side all of his assistants.

QH said that the team was willing to go through a brick wall for him at the beginning of this season.

Reactions: Nomobo

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Looked like Tampa got too wrapped up in getting Stamkos his goal and almost let things slip away. Give Canucks credit for giving it a go but overall they got handled once again by a better team. Just the way it is.

Deep set, chronic problems, such as the inability to clear people from the front of the net, and a total inability to get any offense from the bottom of the line up, clear once more. Don't get why Lazar was out late.

Good

Myers - only d-man handling forwards adequately around the net (although that wasn't always). Others such as Hughes, Dermott, Bear, Stillman couldn't. Everyone team play gets multiple chances on the many scrambles around our net. Myers wasn't perfect but did hold his own. Moved the puck up fairly well as well.

Horvat -playing a better two way game. Set up some good chances and moving puck through the neutral zone well

Miller - had his ups and downs but scored a nice goal and better on special teams. Game has picked up since being moved back to the wing.

Pettersson - still creating some offense even as his frustration grows

Garland - spotty but had some very good moments.

Bad

Mikhayev - getting nothing done and making defensive mistakes. Could say the same with Kuzmenko. Both seem out of sync with their lines and end up acting individually.

Bear - his difficulties handling play around his net are becoming increasingly apparent

Dermott - looked weak along the boards and got pulled out d position too often. You wonder if he had some relapse with his concussion problems. Likely we got damaged good for that third.

Pederson - ineffective -as were most of the other bottom liners - none of them ever score and seems more and more obvious that we have even worse 3rd and 4th line as last year. Unbelievable!

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
it was to keep horvat happy because horvat really appreciated having pearson as a veteran voice in the room

the same horvat they made a lame duck captain and are kicking to the curb

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

When are we going to stop giving this flawed roster a 'pass' when it comes to coaching? This is essentially the same group that went 32-15 under Boudreau last season and finished with 92 points. So they've proven they can do it.

But the simple fact is this roster folds when the going gets tough; and has zero discipline on the defensive side of the puck. I'm sure Boudreau and the coaching staff has had them looking at hours of video. But they're mostly incapable or unwilling to change the way they play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad