Post-Game Talk: [GM3] Canucks lose to Flyers | 0-2 | Ugly

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
Give that Oilers PP that many chances and they're going to rack up the shots. They'll do it against any team. The Canucks still competed in that game and didn't whither away like the Canucks of the past. You knew the Oilers were going to come out flying in their home opener after being embarrassed the game before. Yes, parts of that game weren't pretty, and Tocchet made that pretty clear with yesterday's grueling practice, but it was completely different than what we saw tonight. Tonight was more of the same shit we've suffered through for the last decade.
I'm not saying it wasn't different. I was simply disagreeing with the "rock-solid" assessment.

They gave themselves zero margins for error and squeaked out a win with 3 shots in the 3rd period of a tie game.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
The team managed to largely contain the best PP ever and squeak out a win, and get rewarded with a bag skate.

I am not surprised they mailed it in tonight.

Tocchet needs to be better. Guy needs to bag skate himself. Oh wait, that's a useless waste of time and energy.

They talked about it on TSN with Ray Ferraro and Jamie Mclennan

Bag skates are for the 30 game mark
Not 2 games into a season

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
If literally every skater under performs, then the coaches and trainers did something wrong. And it has F all to do with pulling up your boot straps and looking in the mirror and all of that "effort" cliche nonsense.
Well, then the coaches and trainers have to look in the mirror as well.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

The report was that it was a tough practice with 5 minutes of lines at the end of it which I certainly wouldn’t call a ‘bag skate’ in the Travis Green connotation that it has here.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
The NHL’s association and sponsorship by gambling organizations will only make people question situations like tonight

How are questionable calls policed and subsequently investigated? The penalty shot should never have been called

The goal call back was zero interference from Brock and Garland hit the puck first, he did not harpoon the pads over the line.

Buy hey gambling’s model does not work if favourites alway win right?
This is some next level conspiracy theory.

The officiating tonight was terrible but it doesn’t have anything to do with gambling organizations and fixed results

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver

The coach saw some bad habits being repeated in game 2 and wanted to nip them in the bud before they became a recurring issue again. He sent a message that even though they won, it wasn't something to be proud of.

The team responded about as poorly as you could imagine. This team has to earn respect and prove that they can hang before getting all pouty.

Reactions: sting101

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
One more loss and we’re outa here /s
ROv0LK@facebook.gif

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The strategy used by opposing teams on the Canucks hasn't changed much over the years. Subject them to a hard and heavy forecheck, and they'll cough up enough pucks to get you some goals. And even if you don't score, the endless cycles in the Canucks zone nullifies their offensive players.

The Oilers tried that in the last game and largely succeeded, but were let down by some defensive breakdowns and a hot goaltender.

Tonight's game looked like men against boys. In his post-game presser, Tocchet used that term again 'soft'. We haven't heard that since a particularly grisly effort in Seattle last season. But he's right. I hope Allvin is paying attention.

Reactions: B-rock

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
The report was that it was a tough practice with 5 minutes of lines at the end of it which I certainly wouldn’t call a ‘bag skate’ in the Travis Green connotation that it has here.
But I heard it was a severe bag skate and Tocchet is the same as Travis Green..

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Juulsen and Myers cannot continue playing minutes for us.

Both need to go. Nevermind adding 1 RD we need to get rid of Myers and replace him. There is no way we can compete with him logging the time he does.

Felt like the team was pushing back in the first and then just keeled over. None of our breakout passes were connecting with anyone.

Demko stood on his head and it was wasted.

But the real story is we're now getting surprise rolled by bad teams! That's the mark of a good team! We did it lads :yo:

Reactions: B-rock and DFAC

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
anyone else thought it was bed time?

I was getting ready for bed thinking it’s 12 o clock

Plus it’s dark outside that’s why I was fooled.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Is that because NHL players stamina and endurance are already at peak levels? And there would be no benefit really?
Most players have some sort of professional trainer and regiment. They don't need some boomer coach to bag skate them and screw up their training

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad