Post-Game Talk: [GM28] Canucks defeat Hurricanes | 4-3 (Pettersson, Miller, Mikheyev, & Lafferty) | Skin of Their Teeth

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I think a lot of us were skeptical on Tocchet at first but he really has turned around a lot of the previously struggling players so far. Miller is focused, Boeser is rejuvenated, Hoglander is breaking out. Fun to watch.

Now fix Kuzmenko please

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think he's a little worn down and the games keep pilling up. Canucks can't get to the Christmas break fast enough

Yeah. Hughes just doesn't look as "jump off the screen" dynamic as he did earlier. It's leading to some mistakes. Just those split second differences in things.

Would be great to be able to rest him a little bit more, but probably the break is going to be the best opportunity to do that.

Has certainly also started to call into question just how "locked in" that Hughes-Hronek pairing at is. It was cool to see it go to work, and it's something you can always revisit now when needed. But is there not some alternatives that open up there, if they're suddenly just back to looking for a Hughes RHD partner...which would set up a Cole-Hronek pairing. Where both of those guys look like they could use a little bit of relief too.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Hoglander had a couple battles on the boards to get pucks out late in the "shell mode" that really just made me think, "holy heck he's finally getting it".

It's never been that he can't don't that stuff. He just never seemed to realize that he should do that stuff. Just battle the puck out, get it across the line...fight another new battle with offsides rule on your side. He's growing under RickyTok.

YES!!!

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
HS Brock highlights are hilarious. Just blowing past guys, dangles for days, hot dog as f***.

Nucker4Life

Apr 14, 2010
Prince George, B.C.
Tonight was my first live game in about ten years so stoked to see a win!

On a side note, is it normal at Canucks games for people to come to their seats and make everyone stand up in their row in the middle of a play? I go to some WHL games in Prince George and everybody there seems to know not to do that. Couldn't believe how much I saw that tonight

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
Tonight was my first live game in about ten years so stoked to see a win!

On a side note, is it normal at Canucks games for people to come to their seats and make everyone stand up in their row in the middle of a play? I go to some WHL games in Prince George and everybody there seems to know not to do that. Couldn't believe how much I saw that tonight
Ushers usually refuse to let people down the stairs during play from my experience.

Reactions: bh53 and Vector

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
As much as I've loved so much hockey, it's weird that we have played so many more games than the Kings. The team needs some downtime, and some dedicated practice time. Still, good win tonight.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
As much as I've loved so much hockey, it's weird that we have played so many more games than the Kings. The team needs some downtime, and some dedicated practice time. Still, good win tonight.
Upside 2nd half travel eases and they get more days between games look at standings and they are solid shape with a better 2nd half coming up

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Isn’t it nice by December, we are talking about this team in prime position of standings.

Years prior it was the same old ‘trade this, trade that, fire this, fire that’.

Nice to finally change the narrative

Or trying to see what kind of win streak might put the playoffs back on the table. And at this point, the team only really has to go slightly over .500 the rest of the way to make it

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Hard to believe this is Boeser’s 8th season with the Canucks

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Why does her thumb look like a toe?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I'm glad we got a guy like Boeser on this team. Character wise it's nice to have our top scorer be a good kid who will take a girl with Downs to the prom instead of a guy who gets arrested for sexually harassing a security guard. Not saying he's better than Matthews and he's been horrible at times over the years but I appreciate that he seems like a genuinely good person and I'm proud he wears the logo of the team we cheer for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad