Post-Game Talk: [GM28] Canucks defeat Hurricanes | 4-3 (Pettersson, Miller, Mikheyev, & Lafferty) | Skin of Their Teeth

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The Good

-Pettersson great performance, elevated his game, hopefully is sign to come consistently
-Lafferty. Wont get pts like this every night but hussled hard and showed he should be a keeper
-Millers game has always been good since came to Vancouver but this season his wierd brain farts are way down. Much more structured game is really pushing him to be even better. Long term deal looking great right now
-Joshua showed hes a great defensive player and can be relied on late. Really impressive stuff for what hes expected to bring
-Myers had one of his best games as a Canuck. Not great but still,

The in between

-Hughes was the least noticeable hes been all year as far as Ive seen. Which is odd hes suppose to be a noticeable guy but pretty quiet
-Brock Boeser quite game but looked good defensively from what i saw

The less positive but dont wanna use the b word

-Demko not playing as well as he can. Hopefully if we make the playoffs he can return to his top level play. Not really worried but use to seeing him playing elite infront of bad teams for so many years
-Kuzmenko from what i saw was quite invisible
-Zadorov channeling his inner Myers quite a bit from what Ive seen. Should be a third pairing guy and not expected to do more than that

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Not a great game by Quinn. Looks like the coaches noticed.

Nice to see Hog and Joshua out at the end of the game. Lots of accountability tonight.

was watching this. not sure what was up. when he did play he looked disengaged.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
The Lakers are NBA in season championships, Lekkerimacki scores his 10th goal of the season ,

And the Canucks win !!! It’s been a great day for me 3 for 3

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Shouldn’t have been that close. Really strong team performance aside weirdly from Hughes.

Carolina looks horrible. You wonder if their window has closed.

Pettersson was terrific. If he plays like that we’ll keep winning.

I don't think Carolina's "window" has closed at all. But they are such a weirdly constructed team right now. It's like EA Hockey Videogame sort of roster construction.

They've got such a surplus of Top-3D, but they haven't got an actual #2Center. They're even still kind of thin on the wings on top of that.

They basically bet the season on a pair of okayish goaltenders who have injury history...and i guess here they are. This is what happens. They look a bit like the Canucks last year, but kind of flipped in construction. They don't look engaged or serious. A lot of tuned out seeming players.

Reactions: bh53

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Feels like the Canucks should have rolled over this underperforming Carolina team and mental mistakes let the Hurricanes back in the game. Petey came through and aside from a somewhat flukey goal, locked things down in the third.

Reactions: Ozone

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes