Post-Game Talk: [GM28] Canucks defeat Hurricanes | 4-3 (Pettersson, Miller, Mikheyev, & Lafferty) | Skin of Their Teeth

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
giphy.gif

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
I cant decide on whos improvement being the most impressive so far.
Boes with his elevated defence play.
Miller on his excellent 2-way play.
Hughes with the Norris Nomination worthy performance.
Hogs turning from a tweener to what looks to be a 2nd liner.
Petey with his "down stretch" yet still scoring at a 100 point pace.

This is crazy to think about.
(Thank you Jim)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Hoglander had a couple battles on the boards to get pucks out late in the "shell mode" that really just made me think, "holy heck he's finally getting it".

It's never been that he can't don't that stuff. He just never seemed to realize that he should do that stuff. Just battle the puck out, get it across the line...fight another new battle with offsides rule on your side. He's growing under RickyTok.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Pettersson's clearly got a really deceptive wrap-around shot on his forehand.

You can see where he doesn't show he's wrapping it, and kind of no-look pulls the puck in a half moon towards the net. It's worked twice now.

This team is so different from the team under Boudreau it's insane. Everyone pulling on the same rope. I know we're coming off a bit of a slump, but if 5 wins in 10 games is the worst it gets before January 1st, we're looking good.

Sam Lafferty is such an incredible utility guy, I really hope we extend him. He plays the game at a different pace.

I listen to Kyper and Bourne sometimes and they were mentioning how little their stars have the puck on their sticks this season (they mentioned the relative times that Marner and Matthews have had the puck was like 10th and 17th a year ago, and both were in the hundreds this year). They brought up how guys like Mikheyev and Lafferty were such important puck retrievers and that the Leafs now lack that.

Well guess where those two play now. Having a hard forecheck creates so much. Forcing an opponents' D to make decisions it doesn't want to at a pace that it isn't setting.

Sidenote: Carolina looks incredibly vulnerable. I know the psychological effects of bad goal tending can ruin a team because nobody trusts that if they do their job it will work out, so nobody knows where anybody is, everyone tries to do 10 percent too much and everyone gets lost.

But they look a bit like there might be more going on.

Loving this team.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Hoglander had a couple battles on the boards to get pucks out late in the "shell mode" that really just made me think, "holy heck he's finally getting it".

It's never been that he can't don't that stuff. He just never seemed to realize that he should do that stuff. Just battle the puck out, get it across the line...fight another new battle with offsides rule on your side. He's growing under RickyTok.
Rick is giving him the opportunity and he’s running with it. Hogs definitely appreciates the trust and challenge and has taken it to heart. Hoglander is going to be my next jersey with the skate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad