GDT: [GM26] Canucks vs Devils | Tue. Dec 5th, 7pm | SNP | Battle for Momma Hughes' Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Happy Benning Fired Day everyone! Let's celebrate with a win!

Remember remember the 5th of December...

IMG_5657.gif

Thank you for your ongoing efforts in sharing Team related news as updates become available, @Vector. One of my most memorable mentors used to say that one of the best abilities is reliability. Also really enjoyed the GDT Title. I smile every time I see it.

PS. Shout out to @Mr. Canucklehead for the management thread title- immediately thought of the related memes & gifs.

Missing the game due to work. Hope yall have fun. 5-3 good guys
You’ll be missed my funny friend.

Last edited:

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Toffoli also likes to shit on us and it’s the Devils!! Dammit I need some positivity I got the Vid19 bad right now.

Gimme a 7-1 win

Reactions: ziploc

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Last season, the Devils beat the Canucks (and most of the Pacific Conference ) like a drum..Went on to beat the Rangers i the playoffs...I thought they would be right there in the SC contender category this season, so I'm not sure whats happened..Still, its not a team to be taken lightly.

I dont see any reason for the Canucks not to have a good game..Relatively healthy, and rested..When was the last time De Smith played..?...

Should be a good game.

A lot of things have collapsed for them defensively.

1) that unproved Vanacek/Schmid pairing managed to get through last year pretty well but have regressed terribly this year.

2) their top two-way C in Hischier has missed half their games.

3) they had two veteran, reliable defenders in Severson and Graves leave in the summer and they were replaced by rookies in Hughes and Bahl (and now Nemec with Hamilton hurt). People love exciting new rookies but the reality is that almost all rookies are bad defensively and they're having a hell of a hard time generating matchups that are as positive as the ones they had last year.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
A lot of things have collapsed for them defensively.

1) that unproved Vanacek/Schmid pairing managed to get through last year pretty well but have regressed terribly this year.

2) their top two-way C in Hischier has missed half their games.

3) they had two veteran, reliable defenders in Severson and Graves leave in the summer and they were replaced by rookies in Hughes and Bahl (and now Nemec with Hamilton hurt). People love exciting new rookies but the reality is that almost all rookies are bad defensively and they're having a hell of a hard time generating matchups that are as positive as the ones they had last year.
I understand not paying those two guys what they got on that side of things but you lost two guys with very very quick sticks around the net

Reactions: MS

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I understand not paying those two guys what they got on that side of things but you lost two guys with very very quick sticks around the net

They've basically done the reverse of what we did in adding Cole and Soucy. You need those workmanlike mid-pairing minute-eaters and when you ice a blueline which is mostly sheltered-minute offensive guys and rookies, you're going to struggle.

Reactions: andora

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Man that top six forward group is small.
Haula would normally be out for Meier. But that’s not a big forward up in the top 6. More size in the bottom group but I don’t think that bottom group is extra physical. I don’t think of McLeod or Bastian as punishing forwards.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
For whatever reason, Tyler Tofoli has been pure poison to the Vancouver Canucks ever since Jethro let him walk as a UFA. Seem to take great delight in sticking it to Vancouver.

Canucks need to avoid the penalty box.....this Devils PP will definitely make them pay.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
For whatever reason, Tyler Tofoli has been pure poison to the Vancouver Canucks ever since Jethro let him walk as a UFA. Seem to take great delight in sticking it to Vancouver.

Canucks need to avoid the penalty box.....this Devils PP will definitely make them pay.

Devils PP is clicking at an insane %. And guess who’s running their PP coach?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

He was a Canuck killer as a LA King too. That was one of the funny mini benefits of that trade. One less goal for the kings against us per game

Dude just loves scoring in games that involve the Canucks, with or against them.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
This kinda feels like it will be a loss. They usually don't do well against NJ and a loss follows their current pattern of success.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I'd feel good about a W but Toffoli is good for a couple of points against us every time... it'll be a barn burner for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad