GDT: [GM26] Canucks vs Devils | Tue. Dec 5th, 7pm | SNP | Battle for Momma Hughes' Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
We all know who is Mrs. Hughes’ favourite.
Go Huggy Bear!
She cheers for one son each period.
Oh man, busy night in town that night. I’ll be at Sinclair’s send off game but that’s 60k people at the arenas on a Tuesday, which is pretty rare for VAN.
More than 60, closer to 70. Didn't used to be quite so rare. Lions used to draw over 50 and Nucks always sold out.
Tocchet is a very good communicator. I think he speaks the language that players understand. I can’t remember a coach that’s as clear and patient in the media scrums either.
Agree, those years in TV really helped. AND he is a little old school. I am sure if Miller gives him to much lip he is still strong enough to take him out behind the wood shed for some serious discussion. ;)

The line up he has to work with is becoming easily the best since 2010, BECOMING.
Benning was responsible for the disaster, I always blamed the architect and not the players. They did the best they could do but no or crappy leadership from the top.
Rutherford/Allvin are slowly bringing back into focus what GOOD management looks like.

NJD could be kryptonite for the team, they do have some dazzling speed. This will lead to the defence taking hooking and slashing penalties just putting their sticks out and Devils running into them. Myers and Zadorov will be especially susceptible to these when game management rears it's head.

IMO the big difference will be Demko and maybe the special teams.
The bottom six will have to finish their checks to stop those lightning break outs and slow the forwards down.

The team is still in a win one, lose one time, which is good enough to maintain a playoff spot.

An OT game

Reactions: Indiana and Nomobo

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Devils are going to hungry and mad (after losing to the Sharks on home ice)..not fat and happy.

I'm expecting the Devils to bring their A game..much like Vegas did a few nights back (after they had a string of losses).

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Devils are going to hungry and mad (after losing to the Sharks on home ice)..not fat and happy.

I'm expecting the Devils to bring their A game..much like Vegas did a few nights back (after they had a string of losses).

*INSERT TEAM* is going to be big angry after *INSERT REASON TO BE MOTIVATED*

This exact same thing has been the same for every game. NHL teams always have reasons to be motivated.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I know it's not true, but it feels like we never play New Jersey at home. We always play them on the road and we seem to get spanked. :laugh:

Hoping some home ice advantage works out for us this time, and Quinn wins the Huggy Bowl.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I bet the Hughes family will be at Elisa tonight. Good chance to stalk them

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
*INSERT TEAM* is going to be big angry after *INSERT REASON TO BE MOTIVATED*

This exact same thing has been the same for every game. NHL teams always have reasons to be motivated.
Only one team this entire season has conceded a home ice defeat to the lowly Sharks...I'd say its a sure bet that they will bring it (plus more) next game...We were certainly motivated next game, after our loss to the Sharks.

Not all motivating factors are equal....You dont want to face a good team after an embarrassment.

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
I liked it better earlier in the year when we could surprise teams with good systems play and scoring on every shot. These close games SUCK.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Yeah, we aren't taking teams by surprise anymore, like we did that 1st game against Edmonton. Our systems play should be pretty clear to scouting staffs by now. We just have to execute better.

As for NJ tomorrow night, we reallly owe them a spanking on our ice. GO ZAD !

Reactions: Indiana

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Two of the biggest surprise teams this year. Vancouver on the positive side and NJ on the negative.
Hopefully the team can work on systems play with the time between games and get Zadarov worked into the D. PK still needs some work and needs to be harder on the puck. Big Z should help with that.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This game will ACTUALLY be like Lisa on Ice.

040.gif

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Devils have struggled this year, especially with goaltending. Yet I still see us getting spanked like every Hughes-bowl.

Hopefully we get a better read on Zadorov and how the D shakes out. I think the poor PK and loud mistakes by Juulsen last game made it easy to overlook how well the D played with better spread in ice.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Missing hamilton takes quite a bit away from all their little hit the trailer plays

Keep it to the wall

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
They are a brutal 5 on 5 team this year. Shaky goaltending, defensive group not playing to
their abilities, and lack of scoring depth. They are also very soft and undersized.

Shutdown Hughes, don’t take stupid penalties, and play a hard nosed physical game and we should come out victorious.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
New Jersey has had an absolutely awful goaltending pair in Vanacek and Schmid this year. Even if they lock down the shots on goal, those 2 manage to fall apart.

Shots on net puck in deep that's what's gonna change the game /s

But for real, they do need to pepper NJD with shots and make them collapse aggressively to open up the ice. Need to see a Petey one timer from the dots goal, it's been too long.

Reactions: Kreator and Indiana

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Shoot and crash..
make luke play physical cause he cant.. make bahl turn cause he cant
Make miller make quick plays cause he cant
Pressure the rookie nemec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad