GDT: [GM26] Canucks vs Devils | Tue. Dec 5th, 7pm | SNP | Battle for Momma Hughes' Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Apparently all three Hughes brothers talk every day. I'm guessing Jack, Luke and Quinn will be hitting a fancy restaurant somewhere in the Downtown Core before Tuesday's game.

Players usually get to the rink around 3:30-4pm latest on game days. So likely not going for dinner before the game.

Focus on doing what they did in the third against calgary..push as much to walls as possible
We won the last game. Now it’s our turn to lose this one … and so on and so on.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
It’s crazy to me how Quinn Jack and Luke are all extremely talented. Not one seems to be lagging behind the other. And the fact that all 3 of them skate the way they do, it’s freakish and mindboggling.

Reactions: LordBacon

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
The Bad: Thought the game was last night and it wasn't streaming so I missed it.

The Good: Game is tonight, yay!

The Ugly: It's only playing on the NHL Network in the US which is only available to the sports package on cable or to certain subscribers of FUBI or Sling.

I'm going to guess in the US the MSG Network controls the rights beyond what ESPN purchased, and what TNT purchased from them. There's nothing worse than the NHL Network not being available to subscribers that get the NHL season through other subscriptions - I've paid for it, why shouldn't I get their own network.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
The Bad: Thought the game was last night and it wasn't streaming so I missed it.

The Good: Game is tonight, yay!

The Ugly: It's only playing on the NHL Network in the US which is only available to the sports package on cable or to certain subscribers of FUBI or Sling.

I'm going to guess in the US the MSG Network controls the rights beyond what ESPN purchased, and what TNT purchased from them. There's nothing worse than the NHL Network not being available to subscribers that get the NHL season through other subscriptions - I've paid for it, why shouldn't I get their own network.
The bad
The good
The ugly
The shhhhh....

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It’s crazy to me how Quinn Jack and Luke are all extremely talented. Not one seems to be lagging behind the other. And the fact that all 3 of them skate the way they do, it’s freakish and mindboggling.
Luke is the slight outlier in terms of his height compared to his older brothers. Excellent skater, but seems early in his NHL career, that extra height has hindered his awareness in putting himself in bad positions when going back to retrieve the puck. Got blow up twice, vs Col and Phi.

Col, Ross got him when Luke was going back for the puck but rather than either engaging Ross for a puck battle and positioning his body to absorb contact, he went into the goal line with his chest still facing the end boards and was not prepared for contact from Ross and got blasted into the end boards. Seemed like he wanted to squeek in and get the puck on his forehand, but Ross had other intentions and went to body Luke off the puck so that he could then take it. Quinn would never have put himself in that situation due to his smaller stature.

Luke found himself on the unlucky end of a late whistle from the linesman vs Phi. Was an icing but the linesman blew the whistle late, thus Hathaway finished his check on Luke but was given 5 and a game, which he didn't deserve for the Official's late whistle.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Luke is the slight outlier in terms of his height compared to his older brothers. Excellent skater, but seems early in his NHL career, that extra height has hindered his awareness in putting himself in bad positions when going back to retrieve the puck. Got blow up twice, vs Col and Phi.

Col, Ross got him when Luke was going back for the puck but rather than either engaging Ross for a puck battle and positioning his body to absorb contact, he went into the goal line with his chest still facing the end boards and was not prepared for contact from Ross and got blasted into the end boards. Seemed like he wanted to squeek in and get the puck on his forehand, but Ross had other intentions and went to body Luke off the puck so that he could then take it. Quinn would never have put himself in that situation due to his smaller stature.

Luke found himself on the unlucky end of a late whistle from the linesman vs Phi. Was an icing but the linesman blew the whistle late, thus Hathaway finished his check on Luke but was given 5 and a game, which he didn't deserve for the Official's late whistle.
Agreed.

Jack and Quinn have the elusiveness to dodge hits altogether. Luke has the frame (6’2) to be able to absorb hits if he learns that aspect.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Lots of multi sports media conversations now over Torts comments on not training players how to absorb hits or be prepared for them.

Play to the whistle, keep your head up, be careful around the boards do not turn your back to the play. Most seem to be bygone myths now.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Agreed.

Jack and Quinn have the elusiveness to dodge hits altogether. Luke has the frame (6’2) to be able to absorb hits if he learns that aspect.
Luke is still like Petey as a teen, slight of frame still. Needs time to add the weight and strength. But, he's not going to be a Seabrook/Weber framed Dman. He needs to learn from Quinn about avoiding contact while still getting the puck.
Luke is tall, not a big body. Has to develop that IQ regarding his surroundings.

Even the forecheckers will go into the end boards differently with Luke vs Quinn. Quinn they know will not engage physically. Luke, still young so no real book on him, but they see the 6'2 height and play him like a 6'2 guy and expect to engage physically.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Last season, the Devils beat the Canucks (and most of the Pacific Conference ) like a drum..Went on to beat the Rangers i the playoffs...I thought they would be right there in the SC contender category this season, so I'm not sure whats happened..Still, its not a team to be taken lightly.

I dont see any reason for the Canucks not to have a good game..Relatively healthy, and rested..When was the last time De Smith played..?...

Should be a good game.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Last season, the Devils beat the Canucks (and most of the Pacific Conference ) like a drum..Went on to beat the Rangers i the playoffs...I thought they would be right there in the SC contender category this season, so I'm not sure whats happened..Still, its not a team to be taken lightly.

I dont see any reason for the Canucks not to have a good game..Relatively healthy, and rested..When was the last time De Smith played..?...

Should be a good game.
I think having Hischier then Hughes out really hurt them. That said they were more disappointing than even I expected with them out.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad