Post-Game Talk: [GM23] Canucks defeat Ducks | 3-1 (Boeserx2 & Pettersson) | Damn It, Myers

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
A big beautiful pair of breasts.

krusty-breasts.gif

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Robert Liston, before the invention of anesthetics, was a speed surgeon who could complete a leg amputation in a staggeringly short time of 2.5 minutes.

Only issue is, he has the tendency to slice off extra parts, including one of his patients' testicles, and the finger of his assistant.
If he was still alive, Canucks would have a tough time deciding whether to hire him or Nick Riviera to lead their medical team

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Happy with the win but boring game and didn't play all that great vs. not a very good team.

That said, our bottom-4 defence was composed of a #4, 5, 8 and 10 (and that's probably being generous).

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Just got in from the game. First two periods were pretty fugly, then the boys came to play in the third.

Myers is pure chaos. Maybe he’ll kill someone on the other team. Maybe he’ll kill someone on his own team. Who knows?

Petey’s big hit was great, but man, the guy’s skate came scary close to his face and neck. Neck guards need to be mandatory yesterday.

Hughes didn’t get any points, but he was incredible getting the puck out of danger and shaking his checks.

Probably the best Petey has looked in a bit - but still wasn’t as good as Miller.

Cole got rocked several times. Not a fun night for him.

Demko was outstanding. Good night for me to be wearing my Demko Johnny Canuck jersey.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
If he was still alive, Canucks would have a tough time fecoding whether to hire him or Nick Riviera to lead their medical team

Why not both~?

Liston's surgery drew in a LOT of spectators and he'd routinely ask to be timed. Of course because of how much "collateral damage" he tends to do people had to be very careful as to not get too close to the table, lest they want to go home without a few body parts themselves. He would sometimes wield two scalpels while having a third in his teeth, and swap them with lightning speed as blood was flying all around him while he swirls around like a tornado made of blades.

So I guess Liston was a bit more like...
Rorono10.jpg

I read about this guy when I was in nursing school learning about history of med surge.

Just got in from the game. First two periods were pretty fugly, then the boys came to play in the third.

Myers is pure chaos. Maybe he’ll kill someone on the other team. Maybe he’ll kill someone on his own team. Who knows?

Petey’s big hit was great, but man, the guy’s skate came scary close to his face and neck. Neck guards need to be mandatory yesterday.

Hughes didn’t get any points, but he was incredible getting the puck out of danger and shaking his checks.

Probably the best Petey has looked in a bit - but still wasn’t as good as Miller.

Cole got rocked several times. Not a fun night for him.

Demko was outstanding. Good night for me to be wearing my Demko Johnny Canuck jersey.

The way you described Myers definitely reminds me of Hogger:

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Mike from Surrey was just on 650 and his latest speal is that Demko is so good that he's stealing the season for us.

But this is BS because the Canucks are one of the lowest in high danger chances.

Reactions: Indiana

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Was at the game it was a snoozer.

Team seems to have ramped up in house theatrics (especially pre game) big time compared to last year.

From my end of the ice that skate was way too close up high on the hit Petey threw in the third. f***ing terrifying man.

Team seemed to be skating so slow in the first and second, I feel like Ive seen WHL games where guys move their legs better (and the main difference between BCHL and WHL is the guys keep their legs moving)

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Take the 2 points, but at times the process wasn't popping. Becoming a trend to play some dogshit hockey in the 2nd, followed by a tight third to lock up the win. Like to see the seconds suck a little less.

Looked like EP is starting to wake up. 5 point game in coming!

Don't think I like Hronek over Kuze on PP1. As a change up, all for it. But Kuze should be back out there. More symmetry when parts start moving around the ice imo.

Also don't like 9-40 being PK1. Rather have them later in the PK, and only one PK shift per 2 minutes. I'd prefer to see Blueger, Lafferty, Joshua and PDG do the heavy lifting 4v5.

Noticed more positive than negative from McWard. Juulsen and Myers were fine. Man, we need an upgrade here.

Sharks loss said to me it's really hard to beat a team 12 times in a row. But that loss meant we had to have these 2 points, and they did enough to get them.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
The critiques from the average poster of this win are more negative than Thomas Drance has ever been after a win and thats saying something. In fact, it was Drance who was saying that the shot clock in the first 2 periods wasn't an accurate depiction of the state of play.

The comments on this forum basically feels like a loss. And we are ahead of the Kings in the standings and close to the top

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Game illustrated what a battle of attrition this League is. Play hurt, play tired, play through whatever. Canucks had every reason to be lagging but Ducks looked the little bit more worn out and that helped. Also the fact that the Canucks could turn to a system which allowed them to keep chances down and play a lot in the Anaheim end was important. Give the coaches some credit there. Got an all out defensive game out the players tonight.

Good

Boeser - Not classic goals but got to give some credit for getting the puck in the net. Can't survive long without that happening. Also working much harder both ways. You can see a significant difference in Boeser. His face is alot leaner and less puffy indicating he is pared down and in better shape. Still not a gazelle out there but getting to the play,offensively and defensively, a lot more often

Hughes - pity about the scoring streak but he was as important as ever in getting the puck up ice. Play at the opposition blue line remains exceptional.

Pettersson - still making some brain farts as far decision-making goes but he was a key defensive player and scored the winner. With Miller gets ton of time for a forward.

Miller - like Pettersson very reliable defensively. Couple of assists and back to chasing Kucherov in the scoring race.

Blueger - thought he was the most effective of the grinders. Very good supporting the other forwards. Think many of these type players were good. Another good effort out of Joshus, Garland and others

Demko - both goal tenders were good. Demko a key to the win.

Others

Myers - Not that much bad except for the penalty (gorrila-like) and did end up +2 for what that's worth. Still when he gets tired, he begins to make physical and mental errors. Looks banged up but mostly hanging in there.

Kuzmenko - didn't look much different that he has looked all season. Didn't get much done but somewhat better at the blue lines.

Juulsen - is gradually rounding into a serviceable player. You're always waiting for the next disaster but Juulsen is getting by and coping better. Really little to find wrong in his game tonight.

McWard - maybe the most hearting thing out of this game was the play of McWard. He did not look out of place which is important. Showed sufficient speed to play at this level and his puck movement was fine. Looks like he still has problems with size around his net but that can be over-come with a little more weigth. If he can become a top 6 player this is huge for the team moving ahead.

Another issue this raises is how good would Wolanin be. He is significantly better than McWard at the AHL level . Pity he is hurt and if you have been following the Abbotsford thread, this is a consistnet theme in Abby. Their lack of push back (or punch back) is an inditement of Johnson who has thrown a lot of our better and younger players to the wolves by not providing some protection. Johnson is not particulary bright and he has blown this badly. Say McWard is much safer up at this level.

Might need a call up after this game and like it or not, given the injury situation, most likely candidate is Dries.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00