Post-Game Talk: [GM23] Canucks defeat Ducks | 3-1 (Boeserx2 & Pettersson) | Damn It, Myers

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I love me some Podz but let him get his confidence back in the AHL, let him get that scoring touch THEN you bring him back up. He needs to pan out for us, I’ll take a character kid with “intangibles” on this team any day, just got to be ready

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Kuz-Peter-Bains

I'd also say bench Myers until he can knock an apple off the crossbar from center ice, but then our RHD depth goes Hronek, Juulsen, whoever.

Mikheyev, if you read this, try your hardest not to be injured buddy. We need you.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Kuz-Peter-Bains

I'd also say bench Myers until he can knock an apple off the crossbar from center ice, but then our RHD depth goes Hronek, Juulsen, whoever.

Mikheyev, if you read this, try your hardest not to be injured buddy. We need you.
Bains would be a fantastic replacement for Mikheyev. Really want Arsh to get a shot this season.

Reactions: Cogburn

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Here's the thing with Myers, why not try like literally anyone else? Didn't they recall McWard? Give him a f***ing shot. Like just wake Myers up by giving him some competition, maybe he'll play better. Same goes for Juulsen.

Or play Friedman more than either of these guys. It's not like there aren't options, they just refuse to try them no matter how many times they f*** up.

Also, we've seen Myers play his best when he's down around 15 minutes, but now he's playing 20-ish a night.

Finally, I will never understand this absolute obsession with RH/LH defence. I remember back when the Flyers made the finals in 2010 and they had like one right-handed defenceman on the entire team. Of course it's not ideal but when you have two boat anchors back there basically scuttling their pairs why not think outside the box?

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Best case scenario is it's a stinger and he'll be fine. Worst case scenario the Canucks doctor's misdiagnose him and cut off his leg. The wrong leg.

memed-io-output.jpeg

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Actually now that I know he hasn't broken anything, I hope Mikheyev is out a few games because of the bruise.

He's not exactly putting maximum effort in out there. He's just as responsible as the rest of the EP line for their huge decline in production. I think he needs some rest.

Reactions: Nomobo

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
did anyone notice if it was the knee that was injured?
Sats or Bik on post game show said it was the knee that had the surgery.

X-rays are not all that accurate ime, can miss hairline fractures sometimes. Hopefully this diagnosis is correct and Mik is fine.

But I can't get the nagging thought out of my mind that this is the Canucks medical staff we are talking about.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Best case scenario is it's a stinger and he'll be fine. Worst case scenario the Canucks doctor's misdiagnose him and cut off his leg. The wrong leg.

Robert Liston, before the invention of anesthetics, was a speed surgeon who could complete a leg amputation in a staggeringly short time of 2.5 minutes.

Only issue is, he has the tendency to slice off extra parts, including one of his patients' testicles, and the finger of his assistant.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Unless it's a 5 on 3 Hronek should not be on PP1 over Kuzmenko, the powerplay looked out of sync entirely especially when Hronek got the puck, probably because he's not used to being in the position he was in unless it's to QB the Powerplay.
Hronek has looked better on PP2 and he has driven a lot of the PP2 goals that we've scored.

Reactions: alternate

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Kuzmenko on PP1 feels completely redundant now that Boeser has his net-front mojo back, I definitely prefer Hronek there in the Ovechkin spot.

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad