GM Tim Murray fine incoming?

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
Can't believe more people hadn't heard this term. Kind of a dumb expression, but always thought it was common. It's not meant to be overly grotesque - or fine worthy.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
It's not a phrase. He is literally hinting the Sabres need a PP slapper badly on this team.

Our defense could sure use one

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'm sorry, but hand slap or wrist slap are common. Pee pee is not.

And congrats on the average age comment, because that really means anything.

It's quite common in the line of work I'm in, used for minor offenses.

"Jimmy is probably going to get his p p slapped for being on his phone while the CEO visited"

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Tell me "effing the dog" is not a regional thing..... That's the first phrase I learned when I started working-and I know it well.

OldMilIce

Apr 30, 2015
Niagara, ON
I can't believe so many people think this is an odd thing for Murray to say. I hear the phrase at least once a week working in a fab shop about 40 minutes from Buffalo on the Canadian side. Maybe not the most proper thing to say, but far from the weird, creepy thing that some are taking it as.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
I can't believe so many people think this is an odd thing for Murray to say. I hear the phrase at least once a week working in a fab shop about 40 minutes from Buffalo on the Canadian side. Maybe not the most proper thing to say, but far from the weird, creepy thing that some are taking it as.

I think it's definitely a blue collar expression. Working in a machine shop myself, I too hear it weekly.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Last time I heard the word pee pee I was in kindgergarten :laugh:.... blue collar expression? Never heard it myself, most of the words blue collars use to describe the mail genitalia will be ****'d here.

Just an awful choice of words here, there are so many better ways of saying of what he's trying to get across.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I think he reworded it enough to not get fined.
Plus pp slapped is hilarious and I'm gonna use that now.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

That is very odd.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
I've heard, very rarely, on TV shows or something, about people complaining they got "dick slapped" or "pecker slapped" by something. It usually means they were heavily scolded in a meaningless way.

But to substitute "dick" or "pecker" with "pee pee" does kind of... weird things to the phrase. Which was already a weird phrase in actuality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad