GM Tim Murray fine incoming?

BlueWhite

Feb 12, 2014
Toronto
Only in Buffalo can you win and still be an embarrassment.Getting booed,Eichel criticizing the fans and now this wierdo remark.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I've lived in Buffalo my whole life and have never heard this expression. Very strange indeed.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
To be fair, pro athletes (and management)on Buffalo teams don't actually live in the city of Buffalo....for obvious reasons

I have never stepped foot in Buffalo so I have no reason to defend it but what an utterly uninformed garbage thing to post. A TON of retired players settle in Buffalo.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Ive never heard of this expression anywhere. If this is a region based thing then i think i found out why nobody wants to live in Buffalo. Too much pee pee slapping going on.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Maybe it's a Shawville thing? I grew up in Ontario and Quebec and I've heard the term before but it's definitely not common where I've lived, and I certainly have never heard it used in a school or business setting. Maybe file it under another example of 'locker room talk' that escaped. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it, but it's way weird.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I have never stepped foot in Buffalo so I have no reason to defend it but what an utterly uninformed garbage thing to post. A TON of retired players settle in Buffalo.
Well, in his defense, he said "the city of Buffalo"... which is true. None of the players or management would actually live IN the city (most parts of it anyways). The surrounding suburbs and communities however are absolutely fantastic places to live.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Well, in his defense, he said "the city of Buffalo"... which is true. None of the players or management would actually live IN the city. The surrounding suburbs and communities however are absolutely fantastic places to live.

Most of the players live in the suburbs but Ryan O'Reilly, Sam Reinhart, and Jack Eichel all live downtown.

And I myself prefer downtown to Amherst. The city has changed a lot in the last decade. I used to never walk down Main Street. Now I live on it.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Most of the players live in the suburbs but Ryan O'Reilly, Sam Reinhart, and Jack Eichel all live downtown.

And I myself prefer downtown to Amherst. The city has changed a lot in the last decade. I used to never walk down Main Street. Now I live on it.
Fair enough, I really never trek downtown much outside of Sabres games. :laugh: I lived in North Buffalo for a while there, around the zoo, which is probably one of the nicer parts of it that I've seen. No complaints.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Fair enough, I really never trek downtown much outside of Sabres games. :laugh: I lived in North Buffalo for a while there, around the zoo, which is probably one of the nicer parts of it that I've seen. No complaints.

It's funny but people in the suburbs still have a view of downtown Buffalo from 15 years ago. It's really different and lots of people have moved back in.

CrashBartley

Nov 19, 2014
Where in all of that does the pee-pee slapping come in?

"Hey Mark you're not gonna get your pee-pee slapped because you missed your deadline. Now I'm going to wag my finger in a sassy way and plant my tongue firmly in my cheek." ?????????

If my boss talked about my "pee-pee" I would feel violated.

Never heard the phrase and my father is 72 years old.

Maybe it's some sort of popular culture for a universally hated group of human beings? :popcorn:
I'm 60 and while I don't use the phrase, it was a very common term used for a mild rebuke back in the '70's and '80's.
I haven't heard it recently,though.
Weird choice of words for sure, but for anyone to be offended by it is even weirder, I think.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
C4Q2YnIWQAIJj8d.jpg
hahaha wow

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I originally thought it had to mean something else before knowing who he was referring to. Something like "Press Pass". Wow, what an awkward thing to say... lmao

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
This thread has made me laugh repeatedly.

If it's a common phrase, I have never heard it in any of the places I've lived (across both coasts, in both countries)

Not offensive... but WOW is it ever weird.

Captain Holt

Fun? I was never fun! You take that back
Jul 10, 2013
Buffalo
This thread reminds me of...

SC - Steamed hams?

PS - It's a regional dialect.

SC - Really, what region?

PS - Upstate New York

SC - Well I'm from Utica and I've never heard the phrase "Steamed Hams"

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
You get slapped on the wrist, not the pee-pee

Yes, Murray shoould be fined. By humanity, for being a moron

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Tim Murray is from Canada (and over 45), where it is/was a common enough saying.

I have heard my father (may he RIP) and uncles use it, their friends use it, I have used it, my friends have used it.

I wouldn't use it in front of a microphone though!

Certainly not common in Canada at all. Maybe some places in Canada, sure, but I have been all over this country and never heard it before.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I don't think it's fine worthy, it's just really creepy and weird. Is he implying other teams' GMs slap their players' pee pees?

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
To be fair, pro athletes (and management)on Buffalo teams don't actually live in the city of Buffalo....for obvious reasons

Marcel Dionne lives here, I think it is, and he never even played here.

What's a Sabre thread without garbage leafs fans coming in and doing their best to **** on the team, city, and people?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad