GM Tim Murray fine incoming?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

Apparently the context was the Sabres were booed off the ice before winning in OT, and Eichel had a comment about "funny how that works" which some people took as him calling out the fans.

Then he said this when asked about it.

:help: :help: :laugh:

Last edited:

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
He is creepy in a Pierre McGuire sort of way. Weird comment.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
just an FYI, im guessing the average age of people in this thread is 10-16. While not commonly used today, this is not an "unheard of" phrase.

it quite literally was used to refer to people who commit minor offenses at work. They would get "finger wagging" and told not do it again, with a tongue planted firmly in their cheek.

Murray is basically saying he agrees with Eichel's reaction, and even if he didnt, its not worth the effort to even discuss it. This is a nothing thread looking to stir the pot.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
just an FYI, im guessing the average age of people in this thread is 10-16. While not commonly used today, this is not an "unheard of" phrase.

it quite literally was used to refer to people who commit minor offenses at work. They would get "finger wagging" and told not do it again, with a tongue planted firmly in their cheek.

Murray is basically saying he agrees with Eichel's reaction, and even if he didnt, its not worth the effort to even discuss it. This is a nothing thread looking to stir the pot.

I'm genuinely surprised by how many people in this thread have not heard the expression.

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017

Where in all of that does the pee-pee slapping come in?

"Hey Mark you're not gonna get your pee-pee slapped because you missed your deadline. Now I'm going to wag my finger in a sassy way and plant my tongue firmly in my cheek." ?????????

If my boss talked about my "pee-pee" I would feel violated.

Never heard the phrase and my father is 72 years old.

Maybe it's some sort of popular culture for a universally hated group of human beings? :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad