GM Tim Murray fine incoming?

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I'm not defending them, I'm just not supporting you. One guy **** on your town and I already called him out as a known troll I counted the guy you keep responding to as the one guy oddly offended by it...ah yes the typical "if you're not 100% on my side, your the enemy" view of things. I'm a problem because I think you're being silly in addition to thinking the one guy whining about TM and painting him as a predator is even sillier...real enlightened :laugh:.
You aren't a problem. I don't care what side your on. I wasn't talking to you, you started talking to me.

EDIT: Though I feel bad going back and forth with you. I love Torgo. The master is kind of an ******* though.

Last edited:

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
C4Q2YnIWQAIJj8d.jpg

This is amazing

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I think part of the problem is the usage of Twitter. Instead of giving the full quote, Harrington pulls the "funny" / awkward line and puts it on Twitter knowing it would be retweeted and shared. And it worked as there is a post on a few hockey related forums about it.

It is pretty clear what Tim Murray meant and intended when listening to the full quote. He was saying that he wasn't going to reprimand Jack for being outspoken and upset that the fans were booing.

I agree with you about twitter (and a lot of media in general where soundbites are more important than providing context).

I got immediately that meaning of what Murray said. I don't think anyone could miss that. (Well, not many ppl anyway.) But it's a very weird way of saying it (at least to many ppl) and it has sexual and sadomasochistic implications that are weird in a presser or in a workplace situation. I really doubt that Murray is completely unaware of those but maybe if you're used to the phrase, you don't think about that at all but if you aren't, the implications are at least as salient as the "I support what Jack said" part. Maybe that was the intent bc it got a lot of attention.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
A grown man saying "pee pee" is bad enough*, but when you're a grown man who already looks as creepy as Murray it's just horrifying.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
FWIW, I'm 35, grew up in So Cal, and I never heard this phrase.

That said, I honestly didn't think it was anything more than an unusual or sarcastic saying, and I don't think it makes Tim Murray anymore creepy.

It's something I would never say for a wide demographic to hear. But that's just me.

Mar 12, 2009
You aren't a problem. I don't care what side your on. I wasn't talking to you, you started talking to me.

EDIT: Though I feel bad going back and forth with you. I love Torgo. The master is kind of an ******* though.

Master wouldn't approve. Master would slap my pee pee for this.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Many people don't think it is fine?
I grew up in the real world of sink or swim. There was no mommy or daddy to wipe my nose, at 18 upon finishing high school, it was get out there and get after it.

If your my age, and your from WNY, you pulled your boot straps up and got busy building a life ad soon as your educational run was up. You wanted college? You paid your way. You wanted a car, you bought it.

If your blue collar and were born before 1980 in WNY you more likely than not lived old school and learned to handle your business.

Sayings or expressions like this are still common place around here.

Wait what? Since when (and I mean anyone around WNY) has anyone EVER said that phrase or something like that around here commonly, let alone in professional setting.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Wait what? Since when (and I mean anyone around WNY) has anyone EVER said that phrase or something like that around here commonly, let alone in professional setting.

If you haven't heard said, you haven't been around long enough

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Did he actually say pee-pee ? he could have said dick slapped and the tweeter just changed it to make it more acceptable to younger fans...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad