GM Game by Backlund, JumpierPegasus & dhabs98 - Discussion

HabsFanFromOntario

May 7, 2011
Blue Jackets will be having an important press conference later this evening about the acquistion of a star centreman and the departure of 2 prospects and a high pick.

HabsFanFromOntario

May 7, 2011
The Columbus Blue Jackets are excited to announce a blockbuster trade:

To: :sens Jakub Voracek + Derrick Brassard + 8th overall + Nikita Filatov

To: :cbj Jason Spezza + Chris Neil + Winnipeg's second round pick + Milan Michalek

Columbus is pleased to acquire a centreman of Spezza's calibre which should lead to us seeing the post-season in the near future.

johnnydollaz89*

:sens confirm this deal we acquire another top 10 pick and three great young players

The Columbus Blue Jackets are excited to announce a blockbuster trade:

To: :sens Jakub Voracek + Derrick Brassard + 8th overall + Nikita Filatov

To: :cbj Jason Spezza + Chris Neil + Winnipeg's second round pick +. Milan Michalek

Columbus is pleased to acquire a centreman of Spezza's calibre which should lead to us seeing the post-season in the near future.

Jul 10, 2010
@BobMckenzie: Hearing San Jose may have intrest in dealing Niemi, Vlasic, Pavelski, Setoguchi and Marleau. Sharks likely want top 2 defenceman and a another top notch young forward/ NHL ready players/high picks/elite level prospects in return

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
Wings Deal Hudler, Acquire Dorsett
P+K+Subban+Derek+Dorsett+Montreal+Canadiens+U0s7uFvHtGHl.jpg

Dorsett was a former 6th Round Draft selection by the Columbus Blue Jackets.

The Red Wings announced their second trade of the offseason today. Detroit shipped out career Red Wing Jiri Hudler, and in exchange acquired young gritty forward Derek Dorsett from Columbus. "While Jiri was a good player for us, we believe Dorsett is going to bring a new style of play to Hocketown" said Wings GM Ryan Getzlaf, "He's a tough guy signed to a nice contract, I believe he's going to be a valuable member of our team". Getzlaf also acknowledged Hudler's contributions to the Red Wings and wished him all the best in Columbus.

HabsFanFromOntario

May 7, 2011
Wings Deal Hudler, Acquire Dorsett
P+K+Subban+Derek+Dorsett+Montreal+Canadiens+U0s7uFvHtGHl.jpg

Dorsett was a former 6th Round Draft selection by the Columbus Blue Jackets.

The Red Wings announced their second trade of the offseason today. Detroit shipped out career Red Wing Jiri Hudler, and in exchange acquired young gritty forward Derek Dorsett from Columbus. "While Jiri was a good player for us, we believe Dorsett is going to bring a new style of play to Hocketown" said Wings GM Ryan Getzlaf, "He's a tough guy signed to a nice contract, I believe he's going to be a valuable member of our team". Getzlaf also acknowledged Hudler's contributions to the Red Wings and wished him all the best in Columbus.

Confirm Columbus is pleased to acquire a skilled player in Jiri Hudler who will fit well under our new coaches system (to be announced later) We wish Dorsett all the best and hope he doesn't chase Nash down too hard.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I find it interesting that Spezza waived his NTC to go to a Columbus team that finished 8th. I'd like to know how Spezza broke that one to his Ottawa wife that he recently married.

Actually they finished with the 8th overall pick, even worse. Don't know why he waived

I don't know if that is a sideways comment at me... but I had nothing to do with the Spezza deal

HabsFanFromOntario

May 7, 2011
Actually they finished with the 8th overall pick, even worse. Don't know why he waived

I don't know if that is a sideways comment at me... but I had nothing to do with the Spezza deal

The team's improving Spezza wants to dish to Nash, Columbus has great weather less taxes and they can move back in 6-7 years when his careers done.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

No, it's not. I'm not shooting daggers at anyone. I'd like to know the thought process behind this, because I feel like there's two situations that are very similar, and have had two different outcomes.

This is all I'm going to say to the matter.

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
No, it's not. I'm not shooting daggers at anyone. I'd like to know the thought process behind this, because I feel like there's two situations that are very similar, and have had two different outcomes.

This is all I'm going to say to the matter.

Yeah, I don't see why he would waive to go to a team about as bad as the previous team. Maybe because of Nash? But that can't be the only factor

Jul 10, 2010
Intrest in a Pavelski and Setoguchi is off the charts. I am currently pondering over 2 offers that would send an elitle level player my way in both trades.

Get you offers in if you think you can beat them

HabsFanFromOntario

May 7, 2011
Yeah, I don't see why he would waive to go to a team about as bad as the previous team. Maybe because of Nash? But that can't be the only factor

Team's improving in every direction. Plus dishing to Nash was apparently one of the biggest reasons and tie in the fact they traded Alfie too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad