GM Game by Backlund, JumpierPegasus & dhabs98 - Discussion

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Crosby malkin letang orpik fluery neal won't be traded and please people who are interested in jordan staal please send offers and I'm wanting cheap top six forwards and a ppqb

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Red Wings Acquire Backstrom From Wild
nhl_a_Backstrom_300.jpg

Backstrom is a former Jennings Trophy winner.

The Detroit Red Wings Hockey Club have announced the first trade of the offseason. The Wings have sent goaltender Jimmy Howard and winger Dick Axelsson to Minnesota in exchange for former Jennings winner Nik Backstrom. "We're thrilled to welcome a goalie of Backstrom's caliber" said the GM of the Red Wings, "He's a phenomenal precense in net and will be a welcome addition to our team. We're sad to see Jimmy go and we wish him all the best in Minnesota".

:wild Confirm

While we are sad to see Niklas go, we felt that Howard could be a solid starting goaltender for us and we needed cap space to sign a winger for Koivu. This is the beginning of a remodel for Minnesota. We plan on adding speed, size and aggressive hard-working players to our club. We plan on making the playoffs this year.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
:panthers Stephen Weiss has garnered attention and could be moved tonight. Offer while he's still available in Florida.

Last edited:

johnnydollaz89*

:sens looking to deal Spezza and Michalek and are looking to acquire ypu NHL talent, top prospects and 2011 firsts so PM me!!!

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
Now that we've gotten our primary offseason target, we're most likely done until free agency. All of our remaining pending FA's are headed to free agency.

We're still open to offers, however. Keep in mind that you'll be paying a pretty penny for the guys I've listed as 'untouchable'.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Hey everyone, I feel like this game could make it a far distance. I'm looking for some longevity since we've done 3 of these games so far. We have three strong commissioners who look intent on running a good game.

I'd like to see this game go 2 or 3 seaons. I think that could be really cool.

To that end... I'd offer the opportunity to have a playoff simulation... We can vote for the NHL standings, and then when the playoffs roll around, use NHL EA 11 to sim the playoff rounds. If that's something we'd be interested in, and if we can get another person to run the East (I'll do the West, or vice versa), it could offer a unique fun factor.

But most of all, I'd like to see this game go past the 2012 season.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Hey everyone, I feel like this game could make it a far distance. I'm looking for some longevity since we've done 3 of these games so far. We have three strong commissioners who look intent on running a good game.

I'd like to see this game go 2 or 3 seaons. I think that could be really cool.

To that end... I'd offer the opportunity to have a playoff simulation... We can vote for the NHL standings, and then when the playoffs roll around, use NHL EA 11 to sim the playoff rounds. If that's something we'd be interested in, and if we can get another person to run the East (I'll do the West, or vice versa), it could offer a unique fun factor.

But most of all, I'd like to see this game go past the 2012 season.

There could be a possibility of that happening but first lets focus on this season. We still have 4 teams to fill.

johnnydollaz89*

Thats not a good time for me got my girls prom tomorrow, tomorrow is too early to start, start the draft friday atleast the game just opened up

johnnydollaz89*

news coming out of Ottawa is Spezza and Alfredsson are on their way to new homes pending approval

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Thats not a good time for me got my girls prom tomorrow, tomorrow is too early to start, start the draft friday atleast the game just opened up

You could always send a list, but if we did wait I could just use the real results as a list. Depends how many people want it today as opposed to tomorrow.

johnnydollaz89*

You could always send a list, but if we did wait I could just use the real results as a list. Depends how many people want it today as opposed to tomorrow.

I think we are better off waiting till Friday, Saturday the latest

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
:isles

Trading Block:
Rick DiPietro
Evgeni Nabokov
Mark Eaton
Mike Mottau
Milan Jurcina
Josh Bailey (RFA)
Blake Comeau (RFA)
Jack Hillen (RFA)
Bruno Gervais (RFA)
Ty Wishart (RFA)
P.A. Parenteau
Trent Hunter
Trevor Gillies (UFA)
Micheal Haley (UFA)
Zenon Konopka (UFA)
Radek Martinek (UFA)
Any Prospect
Any draft pick

What we're looking for:
-Solid starting goaltending
-Top 2/3 d-man
-Top line winger for Tavares
-Any general improvement on what we currently have

johnnydollaz89*

:sens have made two huge trades that will turn the franchise into complete rebuild mode

still fielding offers on Gonchar, Phillips, Michalek so PM me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad