GM Game #7 by Ktown, RR, and IR4

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The original team, like the 06/07 Flyers, will bounce back next season. Said team, is better than the original team with the addition of Koivu. The Devils are 5 points out of 4th last and with Ottawa free-falling and only Edmonton and the Islanders in front of them the Devils may climb out of the bottom-3.. but we'll see how the voting goes.

Zach Parise is available, but only for the right price. The Devils won't have a problem re-signing him.

Completely different situations. The Flyers had ridiculous cap space that summer. They signed Timonen, Briere, and Hartnell. Also Richards and Carter actually started to produce. The Devils do not have that luxury of cap space.

I'm not going to pursue my belief that you will have troubles resigning Parise because I dont want to interfere with your trade leverage.

Also Brian Boyle fwiw Koivu's cap hit is closer to $7M than $6M.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
:canes / :pens
CANES TRADE JOKINEN AND COLE
Carolina gets: PIT 2011 1st
Mike Comrie
Ben Hanowski
Brian Strait
Andy Bathgate

Pittsburgh gets: Erik Cole
Jussi Jokinen

Confirm. We give a lot of prospects, and with pro rated caps are RIGHT on the cap, but we feel it'll be worth it.

With that, we waive Eric Godard.

We are done trading for the deadline.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Confirm. We give a lot of prospects, and with pro rated caps are RIGHT on the cap, but we feel it'll be worth it.

I would've made a better offer but got no response,

nvm, didnt see Cole there

nvm, that was directed at tavers2rescue

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Florida updates

Weiss: 4 very good offers. Dont come with less than 2 high end prospects
Vokoun: 3 offers. leaning to one with 2 good prospects + 1st round pick
Erik Gudbranson: Might be dealt very soon for a top 5 pick in this years draft
Ryder: 3rd round pick will get him
Reasoner: Great bottom 6er going into the playoffs. 2nd round pick

Most players will be dealt tommorow

Trade goes down.

To :panthers
3rd Round Pick 2011

To :bolts
Cory Stillman

Cory was a huge part of our cup in '04 and will be a huge part this year.

PS This is not the trade I was alluding to. It's monstrous.

:panthers confirm. We thank Stillman for his services and Ovi for the quick and easy trade talks

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

You're over the cap.

Your Tanguay deal shouldn't have gone through either.
At the deadline, the Penguins have $96,146 in cap space. Add Kennedy's $159,812 and you get $255,958.
Tanguay has $374,731 remaining on his contract (at the deadline), thus putting you over the cap.

But if you waive Godard, then you are fine (leaving you with $46,550 in cap space).

But after the Carolina deal, you are $857,213 over the salary cap.
So no matter what, your deal with the Hurricanes can't go through.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You're over the cap.

At the deadline, the Penguins have $96,146 in cap space. Add Kennedy's $159,812 and you get $255,958.
Tanguay has $374,731 remaining on his contract (at the deadline), thus putting you over the cap.

But if you waive Godard, then you are fine (leaving you with $46,550 in cap space).

Aww Snap! Call out!!!!

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
You're over the cap.

How? We come into the deadline with 1.2M...

If you're looking at the Pens page on capgeek, it has every player that has played a game on there. We're assuming it's at the deadline, Crosby has returned, Malkin has returned, the replacements aren't even on the roster anymore. We can't have more than 23 players on the roster right now, and the capgeek page has more than 23, so obviously some of them aren't on the roster.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
How? We come into the deadline with 1.2M...

If you're looking at the Pens page on capgeek, it has every player that has played a game on there. We're assuming it's at the deadline, Crosby has returned, Malkin has returned, the replacements aren't even on the roster anymore. We can't have more than 23 players on the roster right now, and the capgeek page has more than 23, so obviously some of them aren't on the roster.

I used the daily salary tracker, and it has all the correct players and whatnot.
http://capgeek.com/tracker/team.php?team=26&date=2011-02-28

It doesn't list a player NOT on your roster right now.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
I used the daily salary tracker, and it has all the correct players and whatnot.
http://capgeek.com/tracker/team.php?team=26&date=2011-02-28

It doesn't list a player NOT on your roster right now.

My mistake, I just realized what i did wrong. I missed Maxime Talbot because for some reason, wherever I looked, he wasn't listed.

But I still think our numbers are a bit off. Because without Talbot, according to what I can see, I should be good to make the Canes deal, and it wouldn't work with your deal?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
My mistake, I just realized what i did wrong. I missed Maxime Talbot because for some reason, wherever I looked, he wasn't listed.

But I still think our numbers are a bit off. Because without Talbot, according to what I can see, I should be good to make the Canes deal, and it wouldn't work with your deal?

Wait...where's Talbot? Was he traded?
Even if Talbot was traded, you'd still be ~$600,000 over the salary cap after the Canes deal.

I'm not talking about full season cap hits btw.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Florida could be ready to pull he trigger on a massive deal that would bring a top 10 player in the league to FLA. If it happens, it could change the direction the Panthers go next season

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What does everyone think, should we have UFA re-signings at all?

^
Only if they make sense

Lidstrom resigning with Wings = Sure no problem

But all the top UFA's (What little are left) not going to UFA = Unrealistic

Guys will want to be UFA's in 2011 as this years UFA class has already been weakened thus it will lead to teams overpaying

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
good joke. I couldn't get people to sniff at Avery. Anyone who wants him has to pay 4 mil by the way.

You sure? I think the team acquiring him from nyr still gets him at half-price (dal is stuck with 1/2 cap hit regardless of where Avery plays)

I'd go look it up if I wasn't at work...

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario
:caps are close to acquiring a #1 goaltender...

We are looking for a top 6 winger and maybe a bottom 6 forward willing to give picks and or prospects...

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:stars

The Stars are still looking for a 4-5th offensive defenseman (right handed shot preferably) and possibly a shutdown defenseman (on expiring contract) as well.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
:kings

Still looking to upgrade our #2 center, possibly upgrade Greene/Scuderi, and possibly get a vet backup. Bernier could be in the deal for a #2 center, with Stoll

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
You're over the cap.

Shhh

:rant:

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
:flames

TylerKennedy-sk.jpg

The Calgary Flames have signed RFA forward Tyler Kennedy to a 2 year deal worth $1,800,000, paying him $900,000 per season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad