GM Game #7 by Ktown, RR, and IR4

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
I think we should have UFA, just each team's personal "Big names" should be harder to resign/want to go to FA as opposed to other games where they are resigning.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
:flames

Tanguay to Pens

alex-tanguay.jpg

The Calgary Flames have traded Alex Tanguay to the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for Tyler Kennedy and a second round pick in this years draft.

Trade Breakdown
To :flames
Tyler Kennedy
PIT 2nd Round Pick 2011

To :pens
Alex Tanguay

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Mikko Koivu is now a :devils

nhl_g_koivu_400.jpg

The New Jersey Devils have sold their farm

The Devils prospects, Jacob Josefson, Alex Urbom, and (future prospect) NJ's 1st round pick are heading to the Wild to join the organization in Minnesota in exchange for Minnesota franchise center, Mikko Koivu. The Wild also receive Dainius Zubrus in the deal.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Wild are officially rebuilding: only player who will not be traded under any circumstances is Brent Burns. Don't even bother asking unless you have Crosby/Ovechkin.

Havlat, Backstrom, and Schultz can be had, though.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Florida updates

Weiss: 4 very good offers. Dont come with less than 2 high end prospects
Vokoun: 3 offers. leaning to one with 2 good prospects + 1st round pick
Erik Gudbranson: Might be dealt very soon for a top 5 pick in this years draft
Stillman: 3rd round pick will get him
Ryder: 3rd round pick will get him
Reasoner: Great bottom 6er going into the playoffs. 2nd round pick

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Why would New Jersey do that? Their team is old and as this year has shown they have some flaws that only youth at this point will fix. With that said acquiring Koivu basically means resigning Parise is even more impossible. Brodeur is near the end so they're going go be needing some rebuilding time. Koivu does not fix that. This years first is the problem.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Koivu has about a 6m cap hit. Zubrus 3. Arnott comes off the books at 4.5 mil this offseason, and they already had ~3m in cap space to begin with. New Jersey can sign Parise just fine.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Why would New Jersey do that? Their team is old and as this year has shown they have some flaws that only youth at this point will fix. With that said acquiring Koivu basically means resigning Parise is even more impossible. Brodeur is near the end so they're going go be needing some rebuilding time. Koivu does not fix that. This years first is the problem.

The original team, like the 06/07 Flyers, will bounce back next season. Said team, is better than the original team with the addition of Koivu. The Devils are 5 points out of 4th last and with Ottawa free-falling and only Edmonton and the Islanders in front of them the Devils may climb out of the bottom-3.. but we'll see how the voting goes.

Zach Parise is available, but only for the right price. The Devils won't have a problem re-signing him.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Trade goes down.

To :panthers
3rd Round Pick 2011

To :bolts
Cory Stillman

Cory was a huge part of our cup in '04 and will be a huge part this year.

PS This is not the trade I was alluding to. It's monstrous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad