GM Game #7 by Ktown, RR, and IR4

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
:nucks have some RFA re-signings to announce:

Player | Team | Qualified? | New Cap Hit | New Term
Sergei Shirokov|Vancouver Canucks| YES |$1,200,000|2 years (1 way)
Jannik Hansen|Vancouver Canucks| YES |$1,000,000|2 years (1 way)
Lee Sweatt|Vancouver Canucks| YES |$700,000|2 years (2 way)
Mario Bliznak|Vancouver Canucks| YES |$600,000|2 years (2-way)
Alexander Bolduc|Vancouver Canucks| YES |$600,000|1 year (2-way)
Grant Clitsome|Vancouver Canucks| YES |$650,000|2 years (2-way)

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
:cbj

On the Block:
Steve Mason
Derick Brassard (only for a better center)
Chris Clark
Ethan Moreau
Mike Commodore
Marc Methot
Anton Stralman
Draft picks
Prospects (and I have some very good prospect)

Looking for:
Better #1 center
Top-4 defenseman
Veteran starting goalie

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
I knew. Knew you'd say that. I am hypocritical...but St. Louis is probably a worse LW lol.

Jarome Iginla-Vincent Lecavalier-Martin St. Louis
Simon Gagne-Steven Stamkos-Steve Downie
Ryan Malone-Dominic Moore-Cory Stillman
Tim Jackman-Brendan Morrison-Teddy Purcell

Victor Hedman-Jay Bouwmeester
Mattias Ohlund-Pavel Kubina
Mike Lundin-Brett Clark
Randy Jones

Nikolai Khabibulin
Dwayne Roloson

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Steve Downie can play LW IIRC....Downie-Stamkos-St.louis were all together at one point, and it was a great line, too.

The Instigator

Feb 6, 2010
Oooo yeah. That's right! In other news, a large sum of money has been sent to GM Brian Boyle haha.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
:cbj

The Jackets have re-signed the following RFAs.

Marc Methot, 3 years, $1,750,000 per year.
Anton Stralman, 1 year, $1,850,000.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
BREAKING NEWS OUT OF LONG ISLAND.........................

The NEW YORK :isles ISLANDERS will not be qualifying for the Stanley Cup Playoffs this season, which makes them a SELLER at the deadline.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Florida will likely look like this going into the playoffs

Fehr - Weiss - Frolik
Santorellia - Matthias - Dvorak
Olesz - Perrault - Caron
Bernier - Reasoner - Dadonov
EX: Hordichuk - Higgins

Allen - McCabe
Ference - Kulikov
Garrison - Weaver

Clemmensen
AHL guy

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario
HEADING TO D.C.

article_35986_2.jpg

The Washington Capitals have acquired Goaltender Tomas Vokoun and Winger Michael Ryder from the Florida Panthers. Heading back to Florida are forward Eric Fehr, rookie Mathieu Perreault, prospect Cody Eakin and the capitals 1st round pick in 2011 and 2nd in 2012. GM Barbadian91 had this to say regarding the trade: "We are very excited about this move. Acquiring Tomas and Michael will be very important for us to make a cup run. When Tampa acquired Dwayne Roloson from the Islanders it became apparent that we needed to improve our goaltending situation. Acquiring Tomas gives one of the best goaltenders in the NHL who also bring a veteran presence to the team. Michael adds another veteran player to our team who has an amazing shot and will give us some extera secondary scoring. We gave up alot of future in this deal but we didnt see any room for them on our roster in the next few years. We would like to wish them best in Florida."

The Instigator

Feb 6, 2010
HEADING TO D.C.

article_35986_2.jpg

The Washington Capitals have acquired Goaltender Tomas Vokoun and Winger Michael Ryder from the Florida Panthers. Heading back to Florida are forward Eric Fehr, rookie Mathieu Perreault, prospect Cody Eakin and the capitals 1st round pick in 2011 and 2nd in 2012. GM Barbadian91 had this to say regarding the trade: "We are very excited about this move. Acquiring Tomas and Michael will be very important for us to make a cup run. When Tampa acquired Dwayne Roloson from the Islanders it became apparent that we needed to improve our goaltending situation. Acquiring Tomas gives one of the best goaltenders in the NHL who also bring a veteran presence to the team. Michael adds another veteran player to our team who has an amazing shot and will give us some extera secondary scoring. We gave up alot of future in this deal but we didnt see any room for them on our roster in the next few years. We would like to wish them best in Florida."

I thought you said the deal would help you compete with me?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
HEADING TO D.C.

article_35986_2.jpg

I am almost 100% certain that you are over the salary cap.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Seriously. I'd take a look but I got tired from helping with Pittsburgh's cap.

Well, I checked it prior to this trade (by request of another GM), and he had about $1 mil in cap space. After this deal, it puts him over.

I don't feel like checking all over again. :cry:
Maybe I'll do it later tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad