GM Game #7 by Ktown, RR, and IR4

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I blow the roof off of my prospects/picks almost every game. Yet I build one of the best rosters each time. People wonder how I do it.

All depends on how you play the game.. I try to blow up my long-term, but i just cant do it.... I take it too realistically and cant stands the thought of the imaginary fans lynching my around 2012, 2013 when the prospect pipeline is dry and the team craps out :laugh:

EDIT: With that being said, i'm taking Subban off the block. He's a tool, but for the duration of this game he's my tool.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
most-humble.jpg

Jarome Iginla - Brad Richards - David Backes
David Perron - Stephen Weiss - TJ Oshie
Andrew Brunette - Jason Arnott - Mark Recchi
Vladimir Sobotka - Jay McClement - Matt D'Agostini

Erik Johnson - Robyn Regehr
Marek Zidlicky - Alex Pietrangelo
Carlo Colaiacovo - Barret Jackman

Jaroslav Halak
Peter Budaj

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Jarome Iginla - Brad Richards - David Backes
David Perron - Stephen Weiss - TJ Oshie
Andrew Brunette - Jason Arnott - Mark Recchi
Vladimir Sobotka - Jay McClement - Matt D'Agostini

Erik Johnson - Robyn Regehr
Marek Zidlicky - Alex Pietrangelo
Carlo Colaiacovo - Barret Jackman

Jaroslav Halak
Peter Budaj

Cancelled by the fact that Iggy sucks on the LW.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Buffalo has traded Tim Connolly to Phx in exchange for D david Schlemko and a conditional 2011 2nd

Buffalo now actively looking to move a defenseman

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
Buffalo has traded Tim Connolly to Phx in exchange for D david Schlemko and a conditional 2011 2nd

Buffalo now actively looking to move a defenseman

:coyotes Confirm

Coyotes add Depth, Aquire Centre Connolly

52788-tim-connolly.jpg

Going into the trade deadline, our lack of centre depth was our main concern. With the aquisition of Connolly, we add a leader and playmaker to our Top 6. We are confident he can stay off the IR for at least a few months and help us go deap into the playoffs. David Schlemko is a promising prospect, and we hope he fits in in Portland and Buffalo. Also, to clear things up, the 2nd round pick originally comes from Phillidelphia, and belongs to Buffalo only in Connolly re-signs in Phoenix.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
:coyotes Confirm

Coyotes add Depth, Aquire Centre Connolly

52788-tim-connolly.jpg

Going into the trade deadline, our lack of centre depth was our main concern. With the aquisition of Connolly, we add a leader and playmaker to our Top 6. We are confident he can stay off the IR for at least a few months and help us go deap into the playoffs. David Schlemko is a promising prospect, and we hope he fits in in Portland and Buffalo. Also, to clear things up, the 2nd round pick originally comes from Phillidelphia, and belongs to Buffalo only in Connolly re-signs in Phoenix.

Speaking only as a fan and not the GM, your not getting anything close to a leader lol. Your getting the most unpopular member of the Sabres locker room

Pulp Fiction

RIP Wade Belak
Dec 28, 2009
Grabo's Pineapple
:leafs finish off their RFA's

Player | Team | Qualified? | New Cap Hit | New Term and 1 or 2 way

-------------
Tyler Bozak|Toronto Maple Leafs|Yes|1,250,000|2 and One
Luke Schenn|Toronto Maple Leafs|Yes|$4,250,000|7 and One
Carl Gunnarson|Toronto Maple Leafs|Yes|1,000,000|2 and Two
Clarke MacArthur|Toronto Maple Leafs|Yes|3,000,000|4 and One
Brayden Irwin|Toronto Maple Leafs|Yes|600,000|2 and 2
Ben Scrivens|Toronto Maple Leafs|No|575000|2 and 2
Luca Caputi|Toronto Maple Leafs|Yes|800,000|3 and 2
John Mitchell|Toronto Maple Leafs|No|---|---
C Hanson|Toronto Maple Leafs|No|---|---
James Reimer|Toronto Maple Leafs|Yes|1,000,000|2 and 2
Matt Lashoff|Toronto Maple Leafs|Yes|700,000|2 and 2
Danny Richmond|Toronto Maple Leafs|No|---|---
Scott Greg|Toronto Maple Leafs|No|---|---
Mike Brown|Toronto Maple Leafs|Yes|900,000|1 and 1
Darryl Boyce|Toronto Maple Leafs|Yes|650,000|3 and 2
Jay Rosehill|Toronto Maple Leafs|Yes|700,000|2 and 2
Ryan Hamilton|Toronto Maple Leafs|No|---|---
Alex Foster|Toronto Maple Leafs|No|---|---
-------------

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:stars

The Dallas Stars have made their first move of the 2011 trade deadline, sending centre Mike Ribeiro and defenseman Nicklas Grossman to the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Brian Campbell and Shawn Lalonde.

"It was tough to give up Mike, a player who is just under a PPG this year, but we knew that if we are going to go deep into the playoffs, we would need a true top-pairing defenseman. Brian brings a a steady two-way veteran presence that will most certainly help our backend, and Shawn gives us a nice up and coming puck-mover."

Word is the Stars are already in pursuit of a replacement for Ribeiro.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
:stars

The Dallas Stars have made their first move of the 2011 trade deadline, sending centre Mike Ribeiro and defenseman Nicklas Grossman to the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Brian Campbell and Shawn Lalonde.

"It was tough to give up Mike, a player who is just under a PPG this year, but we knew that if we are going to go deep into the playoffs, we would need a true top-pairing defenseman. Brian brings a a steady two-way veteran presence that will most certainly help our backend, and Shawn gives us a nice up and coming puck-mover."

Word is the Stars are already in pursuit of a replacement for Ribeiro.

Who is gonna be your first line center when Richards leave?

:laugh:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Blackhawks confirm above deal

Campbell is a great player but we needed a #2 C (Have needed one for a while) with Ribeiro's skillset and it allow us to move Sharp back to wing (He plays best as a Winger)

Campbell goes to a situation in which he can be a top pairing guy

With that said it is a blow for our current D but Grossman helps to at least lesson blow and with Nick Leddy improving everygame and having alot of the skills of Campbell we felt it was time to move on

Lalonde doesn't really factor much into deal for us ,, With Olsen and Vishnevskiy in pipeline + Leddy in NHL we are good on young offensive dman with good skating and puck moving abilities

Current Hawks team

Brouwer-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Ribeiro-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Kopecky
Pisani-Dowell-Skille
(Stalberg, Johnson , Scott)

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Leddy
Grossman-Hendry
(Boynton)

Crawford
Turco

Still working on improving my defense ,, hoping to pull trigger on a deal soon.

I think it is fair to say the Hawks might have the deepest top 6 in league

Last edited:

johnnydollaz89*

Sean Avery and my 1st for a top 6 forward or top 4 defensemen send me offers

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
:ducks have received plenty of interest from Bobby Ryan.
Best offer involves a solid-dman, a young forward, and a top 5 lottery pick.

Send in your offers, a deal for Ryan is likely to go down minutes before the trade deadline.

Other commodities available include:

Saku Koivu - Willing to move to a playoff team, looking for a center replacement in return.
Joffrey Lupul - Still very young talent, looking for new home, defenseman in return would be great.
Jason Blake - Salary dump for salary dump.
Todd Marchant - Good fourth line guy, leadership quanities, great fit for a contender. Prospect or pick would do.
Luca Sbisa - Young two-way defenseman, looking for another d-man in return.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
What does everyone think, should we have UFA re-signings at all?

We should have them.
Otherwise no one will want to give up much for upcoming UFAs. The teams who have the upcoming UFAs will want more than what is being offered, and fewer trades will happen.

And when Free Agency starts, the agents would be busier if no UFAs re-signed. :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad