GM Game #7 by Ktown, RR, and IR4

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:nashville

JP Dumont can go for a 7th.

Also looking to package Watson, Kostitsyn, 1st and possibly other pieces (NJ 2nd, NSH 2nd, Svatos, Josi, Legwand) for a top line winger (preferably LW). Interested in acquiring a top 4 defenseman as well.

Last edited:

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
IR explained it all to me nicely through PM.

With waiving Godard I can afford the Tanguay trade. If I send down Letestu, Engelland and Connor and if I trade Comrie, I can afford Jokinen, but not Cole. So that trade is vetoed.. for now ;)

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
Reworked trade:

To CAR:

Mike Comrie
Ben Hanowski
Andy Bathgate
PIT 2012 2nd

To PIT:

Jussi Jokinen

According to IR4, this trade works, so we're done for the trade deadline now.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Sorry all. Spent the night in the ER with my kid and just getting back online now. All is good so if you've PMd me I'm working through them now.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
BLOCKBUSTER!

To :flames
Carter Ashton
Brock Beukeboom
Sean Bergenheim
Matt Smaby
Alex Killorn
TB 1st Round Draft Pick 2011
TB 2nd Round Draft Pick 2011

To :bolts
Jarome Iginla
Jay Bouwmeester
Brendan Morrison
Tim Jackman

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
As a Devils fan - the Koivu trade makes no sense. The problem is you're bringing in yet another huge contract for a forward, guaranteeing you're sending Parise away. Josefson will be a top-6 center, Urbom will be a top-4 defenseman, and all that on top of the potential lottery pick? So, basically you've lost Parise, all the best members of the farm, and the probable best upcoming member of the farm, and all you're getting is a Parise equivalent at a different position. Not a good deal.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
As a Devils fan - the Koivu trade makes no sense. The problem is you're bringing in yet another huge contract for a forward, guaranteeing you're sending Parise away. Josefson will be a top-6 center, Urbom will be a top-4 defenseman, and all that on top of the potential lottery pick? So, basically you've lost Parise, all the best members of the farm, and the probable best upcoming member of the farm, and all you're getting is a Parise equivalen at a different position. Not a good deal.

.....he's got a plan? :sarcasm:

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Nobody accept any trades for Lecavalier.

As thing stand, he has 10 forwards, 5 defensemen, and 1 goalie signed for next season, and 6.6M in cap space with Stamkos and Purcell needing to be re-signed.

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario

i just did a quick check and even dressing only 19 players they have signed for next season, they will be around $7,000,000 over the cap. and about the Lecavalier thing. I dont see why he would waive to go anywhere when hes playing with players such as Iginla and St.Louis :laugh:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007

As thing stand, he has 10 forwards, 5 defensemen, and 1 goalie signed for next season, and 6.6M in cap space with Stamkos and Purcell needing to be re-signed.

Stammer resigned for $8.1 and Purcell for $1.25 per IIRC.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Florida update
Vokoun: will be dealt within the next hour
Weiss: waiting to here from some GMs regaring some higher end guys to play with him. Going to start contacting gms that are interested. 2 high end prospects + 1st is what it will take
McCabe:2nd round pick will get him
Reasoner:2nd round pick will get him
Higgins:3rd round pick will get him
Dvorak:2nd round pick will get him

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:stars

Brenden Morrow - Brad Richards - Loui Eriksson
James Neal - Toby Petersen- Jamie Langenbrunner
Adam Burish - Steve Ott - Jamie Benn
Brian Sutherby - Tom Wandell - Krys Barch

Brian Campbell - Stephane Robidas
Trevor Daley - Matt Niskanen
Mark Fistric - Karlis Skrastins
Jeff Woywitka

Kari Lehtonen
Andrew Raycroft

Working on a deal that would bring in a couple of good centermen... still looking for another top-four defenseman (preferably a rental, or one thats on a cheap contract).

The only roster players that are available at the moment are Petersen, Barch, Niskanen, Fistric (for an upgrade), Skrastins and Woywitka. We also have plenty of prospects (excluding Campbell and Larsen) that are available too, as well as my 2011 1st.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
:facepalm:. I'm sick so give me a break ;)

22fc3p.gif

:sarcasm:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
As a Devils fan - the Koivu trade makes no sense. The problem is you're bringing in yet another huge contract for a forward, guaranteeing you're sending Parise away. Josefson will be a top-6 center, Urbom will be a top-4 defenseman, and all that on top of the potential lottery pick? So, basically you've lost Parise, all the best members of the farm, and the probable best upcoming member of the farm, and all you're getting is a Parise equivalent at a different position. Not a good deal.

My thoughts exactly as I expressed earlier in the thread. But apparently they'll "have no problem" getting Parise resigned....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad