GM Game #4 by GOGO, BigG, and IR4

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Scott Neidermayer has decided to return for 1 more season of hockey!! He has one offer on the table and is gauging any interest before he decides to sign.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
Atlanta puts 2 on WAIVERS

Ron Hainsey is place on waivers.

Michal Rozsival is place on waivers.

Teams are welcome to PM us for trade involving these players in the event they would clear if you want to send a salary in return. Note that we will do so, only and only if it makes sense for our team.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Atlanta puts 2 on WAIVERS

Ron Hainsey is place on waivers.

Michal Rozsival is place on waivers.

Teams are welcome to PM us for trade involving these players in the event they would clear if you want to send a salary in return. Note that we will do so, only and only if it makes sense for our team.

:isles place a claim on Ron Hainsey.

Waive Radek Martinek

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I'll be in an out today (bookkeeping at both stores, plus a 3yr old's birthday party with potential of single moms ;)). Will try and respond to PMs

Depite just tinkering so far, Detroit may be close to a couple significant moves...

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Year in Review

:sens

The Ottawa Senators 2009-2010 season has officially closed out, and the club feels that the moves we have made really set them up nicely for the future. After former defenseman Anton Volchenkov priced himself out of our range, we dealt him to the Colorado Avalanche, and in return received a fairly good prospect in Ryan Stoa, and Vancouver's 2010 1st round pick (selected Emerson Etem). We also made 2 separate deals with the New York Islanders, first dumping the last year of Jonathan Cheechoo's contract, clearing $3.0M off the books. In the 2nd deal, we acquired 2008 2nd round draft pick Corey Trivino in exchange for defenseman Filip Kuba. Our only addition through free agency, Derek Morris, was brought in after twice attempting to sign a couple of Western Conference defenseman to offer sheets.

We feel that we had a very successful draft as well, picking up the likes of Nino Neiderreiter, Emerson Etem, and Brad Ross (Nino's linemate in Portland).

Top Prospects:
Jared Cowen (D)
Patrick Wiercioch (D)
Nino Neiderreiter (LW)
Ryan Stoa (LW)
Emerson Etem (C)
Brad Ross (LW)
Jakob Silfverberg (RW)
Andre Peterson (LW)
Robin Lehner (G)
Corey Trivino (C)
Zach Smith (C)
Jim O'Brien (C)
Louie Caporusso (C)

2010-2011 Ottawa Senators

Milan Michalek - Jason Spezza - Daniel Alfredsson
Nick Foligno - Mike Fisher - Alexei Kovalev
Peter Regin - Chris Kelly - Chris Neil
Jarkko Ruutu - Jesse Winchester - Zach Smith

Derek Morris - Erik Karlsson
Chris Phillips - Brian Lee
Alexandre Picard - Matt Carkner

Pascal LeClaire
Brian Elliott

johnnydollaz89*

the rangers are looking to trade anybody so send some offers

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs

The Montreal Canadiens could very well be done with the offseason. However, we will continue to listen to trade offers and we are willing to discuss trades. That said, we won't be the team making the calls. If you are interested in someone, send an offer or an inquiry.

Our final press conference will follow (tonight or tomorrow).

PM!

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
:coyotes

Mostly done, still waiting on 3 offers they made to players, looking to hear back from the agents hopefully today.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Big named forwards still un-signed....And most haven't had much interest.

Slava Kozlov, Colby Armstrong(Have to offer at least 3 million), Max Afinogenov, Matt Cullen, Scott Walker, Marek Svatos, Jere Lehtinen, Tomas Holmstrom, Todd Bertuzzi, Mike Comrie, Alex Frolov(At least 5.5 million), Doug Weight, Bill Guerin, Ruslan Fedotenko, Matt Cooke, Paul Kariya, Keith Tkachuk, Alex Tanguay, Matt Stajan, Brendan Morrison

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Year in Review

:caps

The Washington Capitals announced today that the club has signed Eric Belanger to a 1 year contract worth $2,000,000M.

With that signing, the Capitals are likely done for the offseason. We feel that our team will be very competitive next season, and feel that this team can challenge for a cup. Ray Whitney, acquired at the trade deadline, was re-signed to a 2 year contract worth $3,250,000M/year. The contract includes a no-trade clause. We also re-signed several key players, including Nicklas Backstrom, Shaone Morrisonn and Jeff Schultz. Paul Mara should solidify our defensive core and Dan Ellis should prove to be an steady backup to Seymon Varlamov.

2010-2011 Washington Capitals

Alexander Ovechkin - Nicklas Backstrom - Mike Knuble
Alexander Semin - Eric Belanger- Ray Whitney
Tomas Fleischmann - Brooks Laich - Jason Chimera
Boyd Gordon - Dave Steckel - Eric Fehr

Extra: Matt Bradley

Mike Green - Tom Poti
Jeff Schultz - Shaone Morrisonn
Karl Alzner - Paul Mara

Extra: John Erksine

Semyon Varlamov
Dan Ellis

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Year in Review

:caps

The Washington Capitals announced today that the club has signed Eric Belanger to a 1 year contract worth $2,000,000M.

With that signing, the Capitals are likely done for the offseason. We feel that our team will be very competitive next season, and feel that this team can challenge for a cup. Ray Whitney, acquired at the trade deadline, was re-signed to a 2 year contract worth $3,250,000M/year. The contract includes a no-trade clause. We also re-signed several key players, including Nicklas Backstrom, Shaone Morrisonn and Jeff Schultz. Paul Mara should solidify our defensive core and Dan Ellis should prove to be an steady backup to Seymon Varlamov.

2010-2011 Washington Capitals

Alexander Ovechkin - Nicklas Backstrom - Mike Knuble
Alexander Semin - Eric Belanger- Ray Whitney
Tomas Fleischmann - Brooks Laich - Jason Chimera
Boyd Gordon - Dave Steckel - Eric Fehr

Extra: Matt Bradley

Mike Green - Tom Poti
Jeff Schultz - Shaone Morrisonn
Karl Alzner - Paul Mara

Extra: John Erksine

Semyon Varlamov
Dan Ellis

I know I'm just nit-picking but Fehr>>Chimera when it comes to playing on a scoring line, and Chimera>>>Fehr when it comes to playing on a checking/energy line. Chimera is also a LW...Flash also is a Center now and plays well with Semin.

I'd go with this...

Ovie-Backstrom-Knuble
Semin-Flash-Whitney
Laich-Belanger-Fehr
Chimera-Steckel-Bradley
Gordon

Schultz-Green
Poti-Alzner
Morrisonn-Mara

It doesn't make a huge difference but I just like trying to look smart. :laugh:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I know I'm just nit-picking but Fehr>>Chimera when it comes to playing on a scoring line, and Chimera>>>Fehr when it comes to playing on a checking/energy line. Chimera is also a LW...Flash also is a Center now and plays well with Semin.

I'd go with this...

Ovie-Backstrom-Knuble
Semin-Flash-Whitney
Laich-Belanger-Fehr
Chimera-Steckel-Bradley
Gordon

Schultz-Green
Poti-Alzner
Morrisonn-Mara

It doesn't make a huge difference but I just like trying to look smart. :laugh:

haha no worries dude, you know the Caps better then me ;)

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I disagree Ehrhoff is not better then Jovo,maybe in the future but as of right now not a chance IMO and i'm a Canucks fan,Jovo is a solid number 1 defenceman considering the return Brent Burns got it isn't so bad, Phoenix does win this trade but this is a GM game and Schroeder won't have any impact on my team in this game.In real life if I would never ever do this trade but in a GM game,I would. :)

Sighh....

You were doing decent with the Canucks till this.

I will take back my team after this game. :laugh:
The point of these games is to keep them realistic. Trading Schroeder because he wont have any impact in the game is ****.

You got ROBBED in this trade. Phoenix gets a future #2 D-man who is already playing like one, and a future #1/2 C.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
200px-Florida_Panthers.svg.png

Florida Panthers are finished for the offseason

2010-2011 Florida Panthers

David Booth (4.250) - Stephen Weiss (3.1) - Vladimir Tarashenko (3.250)
Kristian Huselius (4.750) - Michael Frolik (1.275) - Rostislav Olesz (3.125)
Clarke MaCarthur (1.5) - Steven Reinprecht (2.050) - Steve Bernier (2.0)
Greg Campbell (.925) - Nick Tarnasky (.700) - Victor Oreskovich (.575)
(xxx Jeff Taffe (.550)

Bryan McCabe (5.750) - Bryan Allen (2.9)
Dmitri Kulikov (1.325) - Steve Montador (1.550)
Keaton Ellerby (1.3) - Chris Butler (.850)
(xxx Adam McQuaid (.550) )

Evgeni Nabokov (5.0)
Jacob Markstrom (.900)

Cap space remaining going into 2010-2011 season $ 8,658,333

To me that is a playoff team and the future looks bright + there is cap space to add during season if needed

Florida fans should be excited with the GM job I did

I think you did a great job. Just wondering why you were willing to go into the next season with that blue-line though with close to 9M to spend and a ton of Top 4 guys on the market. Allen is not a top-pairing guy, as much as I like him.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
:flyers

Gagne-Richards-Briere
JVR-Giroux-Hartnell
Powe-Oshie-Recchi
Carcillo-Betts-Laperriere

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Foote
Parent-Bartulis

Thomas
Emery

Offense-I think the offense is basically the same as last year, despite 2 new faces. Oshie and Recchi don't have the pure offensive firepower Carter brought, but hopefully being able to switch Giroux to center will allow him to be more effective, and our 3rd line should be even better this year.

Defense-Should be an improvement, Foote is the only addition to the D, and he's a steady veteran defensive guy that won't make half the mistakes Coburn made. Also allows Timonen to be more offensive and in the play.

Goaltending-This is the dealbreaker here. We brought in the Vezina winner of last year, and Thomas is a top 10 goalie in the NHL. This team should finally be able to contend for a cup.

Prospects-Added Ian Cole and Aaron Palushaj, while losing Nodl, Bodrov, and Matsumoto. Cole is a massive upgrade from Bodrov, and Nodl and Matsumoto didn't project to be impact players in the NHL, while Palushaj has a future as a 2nd line RW.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Sighh....

You were doing decent with the Canucks till this.

I will take back my team after this game. :laugh:
The point of these games is to keep them realistic. Trading Schroeder because he wont have any impact in the game is ****.

You got ROBBED in this trade. Phoenix gets a future #2 D-man who is already playing like one, and a future #1/2 C.

:laugh: Vancouver is yours,I'm going to take a rebuilding team next Game.

Here's my final roster

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Wolski-Kesler-Brunnete(SP)
Dvorak-Hodgson-Hansen
Glass-Rypien-Goodard

Jovo-Edler
Mitchell-Salo
Lilles-XXX

Luongo

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:laugh: Vancouver is yours,I'm going to take a rebuilding team next Game.

Here's my final roster

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Wolski-Kesler-Brunnete(SP)
Dvorak-Hodgson-Hansen
Glass-Rypien-Goodard

Jovo-Edler
Mitchell-Salo
Lilles-XXX

Luongo

How can you have a final roster with a hole in it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad