Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
200px-Florida_Panthers.svg.png

Florida Panthers are finished for the offseason

Here is a review of our activities

Trades
1-Acquired LW Clark MacArthuer , D Chris Butler , Buffalo's 3rd in 2010 , Buffalo's 3rd in 2011 and Buffalo's 7th in 2011 from Buffalo Sabres for D Keith Ballard and LW Kendal McArdle

2-Acquire D Andrew Ferrance , D Adam McQuaid and Boston's 2nd round pick in 2010 from Boston Bruins for D Dennis Seidenberg

3- Acquire LW Alexander Frolov , D Colten Teubert and Kings 1st in 2010 From Los Angeles Kings for C/W Nathan Horton and Panthers 5th round pick in 2010

4- Acquire RW Marek Svatos , D Cameron Gaunce , Colorado's 2nd in 2010 and San Jose's 2nd in 2010 from Colorado Avalanche for LW Alexander Frolov

5- Acquire D Steve Montador and D Nick Crawford from Buffalo Sabres for D Jordan Leopold

6- Acquire G Cristobal Huet , D Shawn Lalonde and Calgary's 2nd in 2010 from Chicago Blackhawks for G Tomas Vokoun

7- Waive Goalie Scott Clemmenson (Claimed by Colorado Avalanche)

Offseason moves

1- Acquire RW Steve Bernier from Vancouver Canucks for RW Radek Dvorak , D Jason Garrison and Bruins 2nd in 2010

2- Sign #4 pick RW Vladimir Tarasenko to a 3 year ELC ( $3,250,000 cap hit)
G G Jacob Marsktrom to a 3 year ELC (900k cap hit)

3- Sign G Evgeni Nabokov to 2 yr / $10 million ($ 5 mil a yr) with full NMC

4- Buyout G Cristobal Huet

5- Acquire LW Kristian Huselius from Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for LW Cory Stillman

2010 Draft

1st round -
RW Vladimir Tarasenko (4th overall)
C Evgeny Kuznetsov (24th overall) (Acq via LA)

2nd round -
G Jack Campbell (34th overall)
C Ryan Spooner (50th overall) (Acq via Chi)
D Patrik Nemeth (51st overall) (Acq via Col)
LW Jason Zucker (58th overall) (Acq via Col)

Top prospects in system

C Shawn Matthias
C Drew Shore
RW Michal Repik
RW Evgeni Dadonov
RW Josh Birkholz
D Colten Teubert (Acq via LA)
D Shawn Lalonde (Acq via Chicago)
D Colby Robak
D Adam Comrie
D Cameron Gaunce (Acq via Colorado)
D Nick Crawford (Acq via Buffalo)
G Alexander Salak

2010-2011 Florida Panthers

David Booth (4.250) - Stephen Weiss (3.1) - Vladimir Tarashenko (3.250)
Kristian Huselius (4.750) - Michael Frolik (1.275) - Rostislav Olesz (3.125)
Clarke MaCarthur (1.5) - Steven Reinprecht (2.050) - Steve Bernier (2.0)
Greg Campbell (.925) - Nick Tarnasky (.700) - Victor Oreskovich (.575)
(xxx Jeff Taffe (.550)

Bryan McCabe (5.750) - Bryan Allen (2.9)
Dmitri Kulikov (1.325) - Steve Montador (1.550)
Keaton Ellerby (1.3) - Chris Butler (.850)
(xxx Adam McQuaid (.550) )

Evgeni Nabokov (5.0)
Jacob Markstrom (.900)

Huet buyout (1.875)
Mclean buyout (.566)

Cap space remaining going into 2010-2011 season $ 8,658,333

To me that is a playoff team and the future looks bright + there is cap space to add during season if needed

Florida fans should be excited with the GM job I did

200px-Nashville_Predators.svg.png

Nashville Predators are done for the offseason

Trades/moves
1-Trade the rights to UFA dman Dan Hambuis to New York Islanders for D Jyri Niemi
2-Sign D Toni Lydman
3-Sign G Antero Nittymaki
4-Sign D Jordan Hendry to offersheet (Give up 2nd in 2011)

2010-2011 Nashville Predators

Erat-Arnott-Dumont
Ward-Legwand-Sullivan
Wilson-Jones-O'Reily
Spaling-Smithson-Mckenzie

Weber-Suter
Franson-Lydman
Hendry-Klein
(xxx Bouillon and Sulzer)

Rinne
Nittymaki

I didn't put as much effort into Preds as I took over them right before draft/free agency

Already a strong team they should be just as good

Last edited:

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
Rob Brind'Amour was not claimed and will be asigned to the Albany River Rats or allowed to retire. We thank him for all the years of service he has given the Carolina Hurricanes, the captaincy is TBA.

SCJ06_07c.jpg

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs UPDATE

The Montreal Canadiens are looking to acquire a young bottom-pairing physical defenseman with top 4 potential. He needs to have some NHL experience (at least one full season) and a cheap contract.

Our offer would start with San Jose 2011 2nd round pick and we are ready to add depending of the player.

We will also listen to other offers.

PM!

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Columbus has wings (D'Agostini, Purcell, Crombeen, Stillman) and young defensemen (Stralman, Russell, Methot, Roy, Klesla) available for an upgrade at defense. Looking to do a 2-1.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
To :nucks

Ed Jovanovski (Agreed to waive NTC) + 2011 3rd Round Pick

To :coyotes

Christian Ehrhoff + Jordan Schroeder

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

The Montreal Canadiens are looking to acquire a young bottom-pairing physical defenseman with top 4 potential. He needs to have some NHL experience (at least one full season) and a cheap contract.

Our offer would start with San Jose 2011 2nd round pick and we are ready to add depending of the player.

We will also listen to other offers.

PM!

^^^^^^^^^^

We are really close to add another defenseman to our roster.

If you have anything to offer, do it quickly since we will make a decision tonight.

PM!

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
:coyotes

Phoenix places Jim Vandermeer on waivers.

It's just too much to be paying a 7th defensemen 2.3M, and it gives him a chance for some team to hopefully give him a chance as a 5th-6th defensemen.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink

Not to be a homer, but Ehrhoff > Jovo.

In his prime, I would say that Jovo has an edge over Ehrhoff, but as of now, Ehrhoff has been dominating on the Canucks and Jovo is slowly fading in Phoenix, adding Schroeder just makes this deal quite bad.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
:isles would like to listen to offers for Josh Bailey, as he is displeased with his playing time.

We feel that Josh could be a 1st/2nd line center in his prime, but with Tavares, Bailey's potential is slowly degrading.

Overpayment is a must.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

In his prime, I would say that Jovo has an edge over Ehrhoff, but as of now, Ehrhoff has been dominating on the Canucks and Jovo is slowly fading in Phoenix, adding Schroeder just makes this deal quite bad.

I would definitely agree with this.

Awesome deal for Phoenix, bad deal for Vancouver.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ

Solid deal for Phoenix. Exactly the kind of deals Maloney likes to make: fill a hole without creating a new one; get younger vets; save money; add a pick/prospect.

Halifaxhab*

Speaking of Vets

Dallas is offering up a once in a lifetime oportunity on Damon Lankow.

Slow Down gents...one at a time. I'll entertain all offers. PM me.......PLEASE:cry:

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007

Yeah this is a bad deal for the Canucks. Ehrhoff is the Canucks most promising defenseman even ahead of Edler. And Schroeder is a great prospect.

Jovanovski, while still a good defenseman, is definitely on the downslope of his career. This doesn't even really make the Canucks more of a "win-now" kind of team.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs TRADE

The Montreal Canadiens traded forward Ryan White and St-Louis 2011 2nd round pick to the Dallas Stars for defenseman Mark Fistric.

We know we gave a lot but Fistric was exactly the kind of defenseman we were looking for. He plays a solid physical game, he is young and he still has a lot of upside.

This trade means that Yannick Weber will start the season in Hamilton. Considering the fact that we want to be a contender this year, we were not confident to begin the season with two defensemen with little to no NHL experience. Weber didn't have the season we were expecting last year and he will have the chance to prove himself this year by playing with Aaron Johnson and getting a lot of icetime.

White wasn't really in our plans anymore. We wish him the best in Dallas.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

I disagree Ehrhoff is not better then Jovo,maybe in the future but as of right now not a chance IMO and i'm a Canucks fan,Jovo is a solid number 1 defenceman considering the return Brent Burns got it isn't so bad, Phoenix does win this trade but this is a GM game and Schroeder won't have any impact on my team in this game.In real life if I would never ever do this trade but in a GM game,I would. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

We are still looking to discuss trades and we will consider every offers.

Gregory Stewart is available for a draft pick.

PM!

Halifaxhab*

:habs TRADE

The Montreal Canadiens traded forward Ryan White and St-Louis 2011 2nd round pick to the Dallas Stars for defenseman Mark Fistric.

We know we gave a lot but Fistric was exactly the kind of defenseman we were looking for. He plays a solid physical game, he is young and he still has a lot of upside.

This trade means that Yannick Weber will start the season in Hamilton. Considering the fact that we want to be a contender this year, we were not confident to begin the season with two defensemen with little to no NHL experience. Weber didn't have the season we were expecting last year and he will have the chance to prove himself this year by playing with Aaron Johnson and getting a lot of icetime.

White wasn't really in our plans anymore. We wish him the best in Dallas.

Confirmed.

We had a hard time letting go of Fistric, but once Greene and Phaneuf entered our depth chart, he was basically moved down to nearly AHL time

We feel White will do well in Texas and the pick will help replenish our prospect pool.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
The Flyers are likely done for the offseason, but will listen to offers on guys not named Richards, Oshie, Giroux, JVR, Briere, Recchi, Pronger, Timonen, Carle, Foote, and Thomas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad