GM Game #1 by TP, RR, and IR4

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:stars

To Dallas: Devante Smith-Pelly, Jason Blake, and Anaheim's Third Round Pick in 2012

To Anaheim: Michael Ryder, Toby Petersen

Michael Ryder was obviously having a nice year in Dallas, but with a new owner and a commitment to rebuilding the team Dallas decided to move him.

Obviously the key to this deal was getting Devante Smith-Pelly. He fits GM Joe Nieuwendyk's vision for this team perfectly, and he'll play well in Coach Gulutzen's system.

GM Joe Nieuwendyk may announce 2 more trades today depending on two players decision to waive a NTC.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:jets :wings

Winnipeg has sent Nik Antropov to Detroit for winger Patrick Eaves and prospects Tomas jurco and Riley Shehan. Press conference to follow

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR

To Dallas: Devante Smith-Pelly, Jason Blake, and Anaheim's Third Round Pick in 2012

To Anaheim: Michael Ryder, Toby Petersen

Michael Ryder was obviously having a nice year in Dallas, but with a new owner and a commitment to rebuilding the team Dallas decided to move him.

Obviously the key to this deal was getting Devante Smith-Pelly. He fits GM Joe Nieuwendyk's vision for this team perfectly, and he'll play well in Coach Gulutzen's system.

GM Joe Nieuwendyk may announce 2 more trades today depending on two players decision to waive a NTC.

:ducks Confirm

Ryder is a great performer in the playoffs, and we feel he will make a great addition to our forward group, along with Petersen.

Bobby Ryan - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry
Teemu Selanee - Saku Koivu - Michael Ryder
Matt Belesky - Andrew Cogliano - Jim Slater
Brandon McMillan - Toby Petersen - George Parros

Lubomir Visnovsky - Cam Fowler
Francois Beauchimen - Luca Sbisa
Toni Lydman - Kurtis Foster

Jonas Hiller
Dan Ellis

We are content.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Guess I might as well get involved.

:panthers

Taking offers on everyone. Willing to package Huberdeau with a couple other players to get an elite player.

Everyone can go. Just send me offers.

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
Rangers Acquire Morrow

brendan-morrow.jpg

Today the New York Rangers have finally found their first line left winger. They have also acquired a needed physical force on the third pair defense. Mark Fristic, and Brendan Morrow are now New York Rangers. Morrow will play with former team mate Brad Richards, and Slovak superstar Marian Gaborik. Going to Dallas is Michael Del Zotto, Ruslan Fedotenko, Tomas Kundratek, 1st in 2012, and a 2nd in 2012. When asked of the deal GM Lunchbox had commented, "We're going for it."

:rangers

Brendan Morrow
Mark Fristic

Michael Del Zotto
Tomas Kundratek
1st 2012
2nd 2012
Ruslan Fedotenko

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:stars confirm.

It's obviously tough deciding to move the team captain, but for too long this team has chosen to not rebuild. Morrow was an excellent leader for the team, and we hope he goes on to win a Cup with the Rangers.

Del Zotto and Kundratek are talented defensemen we add to our growing prospect pool.

Dallas will not name a new captain at this time. Steve Ott will wear an A every game for the team. The other 2 A's will rotate between Loui Eriksson and Trevor Daley for road games and Alex Goligoski and Sheldon Souray for home games.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I hate to admit IR was right...but prospects are way overvalued in these games....

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Why because you offer me Little? Little is ****.

I'm not giving Huberdeau+ for Little. That's an absolute joke.

A 1b centre NOW for someone who's POSSIBLE POTENTIAL is a 1b centre? I can understand if it diesnt fit your team strategy or something....but How is that a 'joke' in any stretch of the imagknation

and btw I wasn't specifically referring to you (you'll notice I didn't name names) but yours was one of the sillier ones. And you chose to take the hussy fit ;)

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
:coyotes have 2 deals to announce:

To NAS: Ray Whitney
To PHX: NAS 2012 1st (via DET), Ryan Thang

Acquiring a second 1st round pick in this deep draft for a UFA winger we likely won't be able to sign was too good to pass up. We thank Ray for his time here and wish him all the best in making a playoff run with the Preds. We also received Forward prospect Ryan Thang, who we expect can compete for a bottom 6 job this year. And we think long-term he can to develop into a very strong two-way plays.

To PHX: Oscar Lindberg, Mats Zuccarello, Steve Eminger
To NYR: Rusty Klesla

Again, looking to the future, we acquire a good young defensman in Eminger and forward prospects Lindberg and Zuccarello. We're happy to have Oscar back, while in Mats we get a winger with good offensive upside as he continues to adapt to the NA game.
Rusty was solid for us but we need to make room for some of our younger guys ready to compete for an NHL job. Brandon Gormley, Chris Summers, and Maxim Goncharov will get their chances next fall.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
A 1b centre NOW for someone who's POSSIBLE POTENTIAL is a 1b centre? I can understand if it diesnt fit your team strategy or something....but How is that a 'joke' in any stretch of the imagknation

and btw I wasn't specifically referring to you (you'll notice I didn't name names) but yours was one of the sillier ones. And you chose to take the hussy fit ;)

Naturally I assumed you were talking about me based on when you posted it right after you PM'd me.

Bryan Little is a 1b center on a mediocre team right now. Is he a nice player, yea no doubt, but he's not the type of player I'm looking for.

I understand Huberdeau won't get me Bobby Ryan or Patrick Kane, that's a given, but Huberdeau plus another top level player should get me a return much more than little.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
:coyotes

We're still looking to move some players to teams wanting help for the playoffs:

Radim Vrbata (2013)
Daymond Langkow (UFA)
Taylor Pyatt (UFA)
Michael Roszival (UFA)
Adrian Aucoin (UFA)

Looking for a combination of NHL'ers, NHL-ready, picks and prospects. And we can take on salary to make it happen.

Also listening to offers for Kyle Turris. We're prepared to let him rot for the next few years if we can't get a good return. We won't dump him but we'll move him in the right deal.

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
:rangers confirm trade

We are very happy to welcome Rusty Klesla to our defensive corps. Zuccarello simply did not fit in with this team, neither did Eminger. Losing Lindberg was rough but we think we have enough prospects to overcome it. The rangers are going to send down Tim Erixon to Connecticut to gain more experience and strength.

:rangers waive

Mikael Samuelsson

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Naturally I assumed you were talking about me based on when you posted it right after you PM'd me.

Bryan Little is a 1b center on a mediocre team right now. Is he a nice player, yea no doubt, but he's not the type of player I'm looking for.

I understand Huberdeau won't get me Bobby Ryan or Patrick Kane, that's a given, but Huberdeau plus another top level player should get me a return much more than little.

That's a lot more logical.

I understand why you thought that tho Your response wasn't what prompted my post, more the 'straw that broke the camels back'. Sorry for the confusion. Ovrvaluing prospects is an HFwide thing and it always kinda irked me.

Its equivilent to someone having a lotto ticket worth anywhere from $50-110 in the future, and me offering $100 cash for it today. I get that some would still keep the ticket (even if I disagree), but to turn it down and insult the very offer as terrible seems illogical, and its a common theme with prospects on hf and GM games.

I used to heckler IR cause he empties his prospect pool every game for 'now' players, but I'm starting to see his point lol (nobody tell him I said that :p)

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
That's a lot more logical.

I understand why you thought that tho Your response wasn't what prompted my post, more the 'straw that broke the camels back'. Sorry for the confusion. Ovrvaluing prospects is an HFwide thing and it always kinda irked me.

Its equivilent to someone having a lotto ticket worth anywhere from $50-110 in the future, and me offering $100 cash for it today. I get that some would still keep the ticket (even if I disagree), but to turn it down and insult the very offer as terrible seems illogical, and its a common theme with prospects on hf and GM games.

I used to heckler IR cause he empties his prospect pool every game for 'now' players, but I'm starting to see his point lol (nobody tell him I said that :p)

Completely understandable.

I'm kind of the same way however in that since these games reset after each one is done I go for the here and now and like to sell the farm to get these NHL players now. However in keeper leagues like myself and HC's I have a whole different mindset.

With your comment towards the overvaluation of prospects on HF, I am so used to it by now it's a way for teams to build the hype machines on their own prospects and feel good about the future. Everyone does it. However when you deal with prospects from other teams I feel that unless it's a rival team the projections of these prospects are usually a little more unbiased.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
To :bolts-G Tuukka Rask, RW Jamie Arniel

To :bruins-RW Steve Downie, G Dustin Tokarski

steve-downie2.jpg

Confirmed. We're sad to see Tuukka leave, but we're hoping he finds a lot of success in Tampa. We felt keeping him here behind Thomas wasn't ideal for him especially with him being an RFA at the end of the season.

We're really happy to add Downie, who brings a lot of toughness to our line up and we believe will fit very well on a line with Marchand and Bergeron. We also believe Tokarski is a great goaltending prospect and could be similar to Rask in the future.

:bruins
We would still like to upgrade our defense, but we're in no rush to do so. We would like a top-4 right handed defenseman, willing to trade Johnny Boychuk and a pick for one.

Last edited:

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:jets TRADE BLOCK

Fehr- Top 6/9 Option, RFA. looking for an NHLer/pick/prospect/similar RFA

Wellwood- Bottom 6 rental option. A pick/prospect/youngster/RFA will do (may add if its someone decent). Or 2nd for Wellwood+3rd

Oduya- Top 4 rental. pick/prospect/youngster/2nd for Oduya+3rd will do
Jones- Top 6 Rental. pick/prospect/RFA/option to swap 1sts or 2nds will do. Will go cheap.

Nittymaki- #2G rental. Pick/prospect/pick upgrade/option to swap 1sts will do. Or Nitty+pick for a young #2

*Following guys can be had for VERY cheap (low pick, project, cap dump+, RFA you arent planning on keeping). These guys must go:

Derek Meech
Akim Aliu (RFA)
Jason Jaffrey
Mark Flood(D)
Peter Mannino
Pettersson (RFA)
Zubarev (RFA)
Forney (RFA)

TEAM NEEDS: PICKS/PROSPECTS (paricularly high-end ones), Top 4D, Top 6/Top 9 Scorer (prefer RW)

**Will also look at Cap dumps. I have the space, might as well put it to use **

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland