Post-Game Talk: [GM 6] Canucks lose to Sabres | 1 - 5 (Garland)

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Until all the fools stop buying tickets to watch this garbage nothing will change

Aquaman will keep banking his profits and it will be lather rinse repeat

Promise change big talking new management group decides …meh let’s just stay the course. Probably just had a very long run of bad luck
I will say one thing.

I was at the game tonight and fans were pissed.

Fans booed at the end of the game, threw debris on the ice, and there were loud chants of "sell Francesco" and "we want Bedard."

A few people also wanted to track down the DJ and beat the living shit out of him for playing Sweet Caroline during the final few minutes of the game. I was one of them but cooler heads prevailed (barely.....just barely, but my humanity prevailed even though I had to dig WAY deep down.....while also resisting the temptation to send the DJ messages through social media. I hung on and I'm proud that I was able to come to my senses).

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I will say one thing.

I was at the game tonight and fans were pissed.

Fans booed at the end of the game, threw debris on the ice, and there were loud chants of "sell Francesco" and "we want Bedard."

A few people also wanted to track down the DJ and beat the living shit out of him for playing Sweet Caroline during the final few minutes of the game. I was one of them but cooler heads prevailed (barely.....just barely, but my humanity prevailed even though I had to dig WAY deep down.....while also resisting the temptation to send the DJ messages through social media. I hung on and I'm proud that I was able to come to my senses).

stupid dj why would you play that stupid song.. should have played "another one by dj khalad with the loss tonight. just the one part of him saying that when the final buzzer hits.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
stupid dj why would you play that stupid song.. should have played "another one by dj khalad with the loss tonight. just the one part of him saying that when the final buzzer hits.
Even right now, I'm resisting the temptation to track down the DJ on Social Media and harass him with personal level insults with nothing heldback. It's taking every ounce of my being to not do something criminally evil towards this man and the only thing preventing me in doing so is knowing the disappointment it would cause my parents if I did something like that (they raised me better than that and I need to respect that). It's not his fault the Canucks are losing, but holy f*** am I mad at this guy.

Agreed with your song choice though. ;-)

p.s. - Doing as many push-ups as I can (to failure) has actually helped me a lot tonight.

Reactions: David71

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria

What marinade did you use? Was it just salty tears or did you add some oil from the fans getting bent over for many years? Some sourness from multiple trade deadline failures would also go well...

I guess if you burnt it down to the mother f***ing ground it will taste the same. Bon appetite!

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i have watched exactly 40 minutes of canucks hockey this season, so i am basing this only from angry GDT comments but miller = 2004 bertuzzi

let's hope his year doesn't also end in court

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Everyone goes to the easy narratives of the defense/supporting cast not being good enough, but I think we oughta point the finger at the core. They just aren't good enough.

I was at the game tonight and I didn't even notice Quinn out there, they'll never compete with that kind of effort.
This is where I am at.

Think of how many cores each team has over whatever amount of years. Look at how many teams actually win Cups. Look how many cores never win the Cup league wide.

Is it really so implausible that this core just isn’t good enough? Most cores aren’t! Is it just hard to accept because it’s probably jarring to think of Petey/Hughes/Demko as a burned core? They’re all fine. They’re just missing most of the family members that should have grown up with them as they never existed due to Benning’s mastery.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Always appreciate your goaltending insights. What was Mellanson's big strengths in terms of style? He seemed to excel in teaching some pretty large goalies... Positioning?
Well he was responsible for Halak and Theodore's good years so those are examples of small goalies he taught to play big. In terms of bigger guys like Lu he taught them to be more economical.

Basically in the past he has tailored his coaching to the needs of the student. For a long time, certain coaches were regarded as "cookie cutter", especially Canadian ones in the run up to the emerging dominance of Euro netminders. I always appreciated that he wasn't one of those.

From what I've read he really did a great job creating drills that mimicked game situations.

Big on crease movement patterns and really working on them without shots. One would argue he was too much into t-pushes, but this is his contribution to Lu extending his career by taking some of the swimming and desperation diving out of his game. Ironically his insistence on this wasn't palatable to a young and lazy Carey Price, who got him fired. But then a few seasons later Price admitted he still does those movement drills and said he didn't appreciate their value at the time.

Clark talks a great game and is considered a big brain guy in terms of "ideas". I'd say he excels in management of goalies who are already at a certain level and helping them maintain that level. He's a good motivator and has helped guys prepare better mentally. But sometimes I think he becomes a little too familiar with guys like Lu and when a big overhaul is needed he seems unwilling to make wholesale changes. Demko has some lingering issues that I thought would be addressed several seasons ago.

Actually both might be behind the times now. All the new techniques I've seen (and they keep getting invented) are from pretty young goalie coaches.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Even right now, I'm resisting the temptation to track down the DJ on Social Media and harass him with personal level insults with nothing heldback. It's taking every ounce of my being to not do something criminally evil towards this man and the only thing preventing me in doing so is knowing the disappointment it would cause my parents if I did something like that (they raised me better than that and I need to respect that). It's not his fault the Canucks are losing, but holy f*** am I mad at this guy.

Agreed with your song choice though. ;-)

p.s. - Doing as many push-ups as I can (to failure) has actually helped me a lot tonight.
Seeing you rage out that hard kinda makes me want to troll you right now.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

BimJenning

Feb 17, 2008
Vancouver
Well he was responsible for Halak and Theodore's good years so those are examples of small goalies he taught to play big. In terms of bigger guys like Lu he taught them to be more economical.

Basically in the past he has tailored his coaching to the needs of the student. For a long time, certain coaches were regarded as "cookie cutter", especially Canadian ones in the run up to the emerging dominance of Euro netminders. I always appreciated that he wasn't one of those.

From what I've read he really did a great job creating drills that mimicked game situations.

Big on crease movement patterns and really working on them without shots. One would argue he was too much into t-pushes, but this is his contribution to Lu extending his career by taking some of the swimming and desperation diving out of his game. Ironically his insistence on this wasn't palatable to a young and lazy Carey Price, who got him fired. But then a few seasons later Price admitted he still does those movement drills and said he didn't appreciate their value at the time.

Clark talks a great game and is considered a big brain guy in terms of "ideas". I'd say he excels in management of goalies who are already at a certain level and helping them maintain that level. He's a good motivator and has helped guys prepare better mentally. But sometimes I think he becomes a little too familiar with guys like Lu and when a big overhaul is needed he seems unwilling to make wholesale changes. Demko has some lingering issues that I thought would be addressed several seasons ago.

Actually both might be behind the times now. All the new techniques I've seen (and they keep getting invented) are from pretty young goalie coaches.
See, I love these reads and this kind of insight that I simply don't know. Thank you for sharing. I definitely remember him reinventing Lu's game with something that changed his style drastically. I feel like sports are moving ahead with a lot of new techniques at a more rapid pace, so it'll be fascinating what we see going forward

Reactions: B-rock and Indiana

McDavid is too whiny

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I know I know - just feel so bad.

uhhh......cool story? Sorry man I don't follow. Cheers brother.
I believe I once liked a post where you talked about wanting to travel from Europe through Russia and back to Vancouver without air travel. I’m sorry if I am mistaken.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
I believe I once liked a post where you talked about wanting to travel from Europe through Russia and back to Vancouver without air travel. I’m sorry if I am mistaken.
Ahhhh yes I remember that! :D. Actually, it was from China to Russia to Alaska to Vancouver. Good memory! Not sure I'd do that now. Last thing I want to do is get mauled by a Siberian tiger and Grizzly bear....possibly at the same time. :-p. I'm getting more boring in my old age. A nice trip to Dubai would be much more preferable these days. :-p

McDavid is too whiny

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Ahhhh yes I remember that! :D. Actually, it was from China to Russia to Alaska to Vancouver. Good memory! Not sure I'd do that now. Last thing I want to do is get mauled by a Siberian tiger and Grizzly bear....possibly at the same time. :-p. I'm getting more boring in my old age. A nice trip to Dubai would be much more preferable these days. :-p
i don’t know if your tiger and bear references are murderous russians but ya i dun wanna go there either no more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad