Post-Game Talk: [GM 6] Canucks lose to Sabres | 1 - 5 (Garland)

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Connor Bedard.....clap clap clap....connor bedard...clap clap clap
Maybe these guys are just really big fans of this draft. I've yet to see, and i'm pretty f***ing old now, any team play this far below there on paper talent level in my lifetime. In any sport.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Connor Bedard.....clap clap clap....connor bedard...clap clap clap
Maybe these guys are just really big fans of this draft. I've yet to see, and i'm pretty f***ing old now, any team play this far below there on paper talent level in my lifetime. In any sport.
OEL, Myers and Miller overperfomed to the umpteenth degree last season. This year they have all come back to the ground with Miller and Myers being borderline unplayable.

Its just not a very good team we are icing.

Nov 1, 2011
Are we ready to start trading everyone, including Demko + Petey for high end picks and prospects?

Seems we gave our core their final chance and it didn't work out.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Are we ready to start trading everyone, including Demko + Petey for high end picks and prospects?

Seems we gave our core their final chance and it didn't work out.

Sad reality is that we are already there. I don’t expect either Petey, Hughes, or Demko to want to stick around this tire fire after this season. Their agents are probably ready to request a trade to a competitor by this deadline or this off-season.

This core is dead. There simply is not enough depth, nor prospects, nor trade assets left to help them compete. It’s time to tear it down to the studs and start all over.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Next year I am going wear a dress and put on make up so I can look real pretty before they frack me!

Oh well it is just one game!!!!

On the after hours Rutherford stepped up and called it. No prevarication, no taking the constant outs Garret tried to give him, called it what it was.

They took only two fan texts one was about a full rebuild, he stated that was not the first goal but it was trending that way now.

The room might be happy where they are but on the ice they are starting to point fingers at each other. When Schenn and Miller two vets start while on the ice, well who wins that, the 8 million dollar man or the guy with two rings?

Quit singling out players for these losses, was last night because Hughes didn't play? Myers and OEL were on the ice for some GA because he played over 20 minutes. Myers was on the ice for ONE goal against, the last one after the bubble burst. Might as well blame Dermott for not being on the ice.

Odd now Garrett is saying they don't have half their starting defence, Stillman, Dermott, Hughes. Does it matter if the defence is not good anyway if all the starting D is on the ice if the starting D isn't good enough. Even Rutherford stated that is not an excuse or reason.

Oh well it is just one game.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Bruce will be gone by the end of the week

Rutherford has basically pointed him out as the scapegoat

This team needs discipline and structure but to accomplish that you need hard working guys not soft wussy players

This team needs a top to bottom overhaul

Linden must be laughing

He knew it so long ago

Reactions: Waterbuf

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Glad I missed this game. Franchise continues to be a joke top to bottom.

I f***ing love when management groups question whether fans can handle a rebuild. Yes. They can. The goal is to win the cup, not dwell in mediocrity and garbage territory for a decade in the pursuit of just making the playoffs.

This team has managed to dig itself into a huge hole.

Also once again, f*** the previous regime tenfold for leaving this team with terrible contracts in order to save their useless hides.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Sad reality is that we are already there. I don’t expect either Petey, Hughes, or Demko to want to stick around this tire fire after this season. Their agents are probably ready to request a trade to a competitor by this deadline or this off-season.

This core is dead. There simply is not enough depth, nor prospects, nor trade assets left to help them compete. It’s time to tear it down to the studs and start all over.
“Tear it down to the studs and JT Miller”.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The more Frankie tries to win one for his father the further he takes the team from turning it around being capable.

The amount Luigi / Francesco care about a Stanley cup is GREATLY over rated. They are worth 4 billion dollars. The Canucks are a small small part of his portfolio and I’m not sure Luigi has even watched more than 10 hockey games. He doesn’t care

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
If Miller is still 1C come next game I hope some fans steals his truck, goes to an alley downtown and sets it on fire.

Him at centre is a disgrace and he should’ve been moved to wing since game 2. 6 games in and the fans have to wait another year for results? What’s the point of coming out to the games? Might as well watch Maury Povich reruns with ‘you are not the father’ on repeat.

Sharkbomb

Jul 20, 2022
I, for one am thankful for this team's efforts to go back to traditional mediocrity. This way I simply turned the game off after 2 periods instead of staying up late just to see our blown leads record grow. As a Canucks fan in the east coast, this is much appreciated.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Bruce will be gone by the end of the week

Rutherford has basically pointed him out as the scapegoat

This team needs discipline and structure but to accomplish that you need hard working guys not soft wussy players

This team needs a top to bottom overhaul

Linden must be laughing

He knew it so long ago
Firing Bruce would not fix this team.Its the product on the ice that is not working.
This team needs to add more size and speed .The gm did not fix the defense,and Demko is playing like he is not interested.
If they fire Bruce,ya know Mike Yeo is probley going to take over..Also ffs fire Jason King please.His special teams deployment are the worst.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad