Post-Game Talk: GM 4 | Welcome to Skid Row | Flames def. Canucks 5-2 (Virtanen, Myers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Greener has to go. Yep. Donezo. I've seen this show before and the ending sucks.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Nice 1st, TERRIBLE 2nd, and then 0 push back in the 3rd. Disappointing start to the season so far...and I don't wanna say Wednesday is a must win game this early, but...

Reactions: Ginger Papa

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Playing Juolevi 7 minutes a night is silly. Either play him or sit him for somebody you will play.
Juolevi is reverting to the form that aroused so much concern in Utica. Green is playing him only seven minutes a night because he's a matchup nightmare. I have no idea if it's the cumulative effect of all the injuries, but he simply can't skate well enough to be a factor at the NHL level.

Time to throw Rathbone in there. He may make some rookie mistakes, but at least he'll be fun to watch.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
We need to make Schmidt play with Hughes like the original plan was.

This just creates another hole in the top 4. Can you imagine how much Edler and Hamonic would get walked? Either that, or they would collapse towards the net and give the shooter too much space. Edler is just too slow and disengaged to carry a top 4 pairing anymore, and Hamonic certainly isn't quick enough to make up for that.

Reactions: Canucks5551

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I get your sarcastic point but there is no excuse for having this bad special teams. Need to be coached up to at least “acceptable” levels, which would be helpful in and of itself.

You could have a michelin star chef....and you give him 2o shitty ingredients, and guess what ....the food is gonna be poop

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Juolevi is reverting to the form that aroused so much concern in Utica. Green is playing him only seven minutes a night because he's a matchup nightmare. I have no idea if it's the cumulative effect of all the injuries, but he simply can't skate well enough to be a factor at the NHL level.

Time to throw Rathbone in there. He may make some rookie mistakes, but at least he'll be fun to watch.

Juolevi project should have the case closed for good, this is reminding me of Anton Rodin in the fact they are just trying to make an NHL player that is simply not there

Reactions: B-rock

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
He is good at nothing.

I don’t think that’s fair; he’s good at a number of things, and we saw a lot of that promise last season. But like most of the team through this first few games, he was sleep walking. No hustle, no hit, no grit...the whole team just seems lethargic, and he was the low man on the totem pole when someone needed to sit.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
You could have a michelin star chef....and you give him 2o shitty ingredients, and guess what ....the food is gonna be poop
Sure but it will taste better than what a crap chef can cook up with with crap ingredients which is what I fear we have now.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Who else is there? hes the best of the worst. All these people calling for Rathbone will be disapointed, hes not on coach TG radar

That’s kind of my point, though - play him. If you’re dressing him, give him some rope. Let’s see some actual minutes so we can properly judge him.

And yes, if he’s not going to get minutes, then give Rathbone a shot. I don’t think it helps the defense as a whole to have a member of it playing only 7 minutes and basically forcing you to go with 5 D.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I don’t think that’s fair; he’s good at a number of things, and we saw a lot of that promise last season. But like most of the team through this first few games, he was sleep walking. No hustle, no hit, no grit...the whole team just seems lethargic, and he was the low man on the totem pole when someone needed to sit.

Hes a minivan trying to park in a 'small car' parking space. Just doesn't really fit or excel at anything.

"big Zack" plays like hes 5'4

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
there's a lot going wrong right now. i know it is early days but they look loke they are self destructing. three appalling games in a row, with each one more demoralizing.

perhaps it is fixable withsome adjustment and will just pass. but i have no idea where to begin to fix all the garbage, but let's start with the team just quitting.

if the quit continues, the coach and then the gm will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad