Post-Game Talk: GM 4 | Welcome to Skid Row | Flames def. Canucks 5-2 (Virtanen, Myers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
We gifted a vezina caliber goalie that we developed over many years to our biggest rival. It makes me want to puke. Imagine how players like Pettersson feel who probably like Markstrom even more than we do. And same with Hughes and Tanev who was basically his momma bear.

I don’t blame Pettersson or Hughes for being completely demoralized right now. I’ve worked for terrible bosses. It sucks. It makes it hard to get up every morning and get to work when your boss is an idiot and that’s what our GM is. The only guys not demoralized are probably the garbage players that Benning overpaid and don’t contribute anything. And now we’re at the bottom of the division in a shortened season and every game we lose makes it much harder to catch up than any other year.

I don’t even care about the draft. Just get us some god damn decent management for f*** sake. If we need to lose every game for the rest of the year for this to happen then so be it.
Agreed PM tho dont make my mistake. I advise NOT to visit this website

Vancouver Canucks - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: mossey3535

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
i have to say i find the usage of gaudette especially to be bizarre. the last two games may have been to much of a fire drill on the bench for the coach to put juolevi out much, but gaudette is not a rookie.

he’s probably our worst defensive forward on the team and he misses sitters.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Wow, you guys really NEVER change. You're the same people who would have crucified Benning if he gave Markstrom and Tanev the contracts they were looking for with Pettersson and Hughes's extensions looming.

Good grief. It never takes me long to remember why I don't come around here anymore. Always the same bullshit year after year after year with you guys.

Reactions: Grumpy1

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
We gifted a vezina caliber goalie that we developed over many years to our biggest rival. It makes me want to puke. Imagine how players like Pettersson feel who probably like Markstrom even more than we do. And same with Hughes and Tanev who was basically his momma bear.

I don’t blame Pettersson or Hughes for being completely demoralized right now. I’ve worked for terrible bosses. It sucks. It makes it hard to get up every morning and get to work when your boss is an idiot and that’s what our GM is. The only guys not demoralized are probably the garbage players that Benning overpaid and don’t contribute anything. And now we’re at the bottom of the division in a shortened season and every game we lose makes it much harder to catch up than any other year.

I don’t even care about the draft. Just get us some god damn decent management for f*** sake. If we need to lose every game for the rest of the year for this to happen then so be it.
Markstrom turns 31 in a few weeks..I take it you would have gladly given him $6M x 6 years..with a NMC....?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Markstrom turns 31 in a few weeks..I take it you would have gladly given him $6M x 6 years..with a NMC....?

Yup. Easily. Would be about the 7th or 8th most risky contract on our roster and of those easily, by far, the best player. Would instantly take Tanev back with his current contract as well. Unlike the other jokes on our roster those two earned the 1-2 years at the end of their contracts that “may” have sucked.

The team was finally on its way up after years of floundering. Now we’re at the bottom of the division yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->