Pre-Game Talk: GM 4: Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks - May 7 - 7:00PM PST - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Ben Kuzma @benkuzma
Bieksa: "Thornton takes his glove off and shakes his hand and draws a huge 5-on-3. Maybe we have to do more of that, maybe sell calls."
:facepalm: :shakehead

Bieksa NEEDS to go. You just don't call out other teams players when your ****ing down 3-0 you dumb ****. How about not be on the ice for their last 5 even strengthed goals... how about learning to defend...

Why not, what has he got to lose? The Sharks have been embellishing, and they've been getting all the calls. Someone has to wake the refs up.

Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma 16m

Bieksa on embellishment: "Couture has been snapping his head back and this isn't my opinion, the evidence is in the video."

Yup, I've seen it a couple times this series too.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
Bieksa is just embarrassing himself with those comments.

I might feel more sorry for the Canucks' parade to the penalty box if they'd put even the slightest emphasis on team discipline in the last few years.

yup, and on this board i pretty much read the exact same comments after the canucks were down 3-0 against the kings

honestly surprised how much wasted energy is getting spent on officiating in the past day, it's like tony gallagher suddenly took over everybody's account to advance his league conspiracy theories

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Bieksa is everything that is wrong with the Canucks. Your team is down ****ing 0-3, you aren't in a position to chirp. If you really want to be worth something, go out there and play like you give a damn

Bieksa is taking a page out of the Burke/Gretzky handbook, deflect attention from the problems on the team to let the players focus on their game. You guys are taking it hook, line and sinker.

There is a reason this guy is an assistant captain, because it's definitely not his play on the ice.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Bieksa is taking a page out of the Burke/Gretzky handbook, deflect attention from the problems on the team to let the players focus on their game. You guys are taking it hook, line and sinker.

There is a reason this guy is an assistant captain, because it's definitely not his play on the ice.

:laugh:

That made me smile.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Ben Kuzma @benkuzma
Bieksa: "Thornton takes his glove off and shakes his hand and draws a huge 5-on-3. Maybe we have to do more of that, maybe sell calls."
:facepalm: :shakehead

Bieksa NEEDS to go. You just don't call out other teams players when your ****ing down 3-0 you dumb ****. How about not be on the ice for their last 5 even strengthed goals... how about learning to defend...

ill bet when toews did it you were probably ******* to it how is this any different

edit: ill just censor myself before im banned

Last edited:

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
lol so? Bieksa is right... they do embellish and get calls. They were 3/6 on the PP last night, and had a PP every night I believe...

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Watching all these other series and it seems like the Canucks are the only team that hasn't realized it is the playoffs. Despite who is favored in all these match ups both teams lay it all on the ice, and the underdogs do their best to out work the favorite for an upset.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't see all this 'lazy' or 'uninspired' or 'heartless' play by the Canucks. To me they've done everything AV has asked them to and more. It's not their fault if the coach's gameplan is just so bad that there are no results from it.

There's very few players on our team that I truly feel didn't step it up for the playoffs (Raymond, Bieksa, Ebbett).

Dado

I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't see all this 'lazy' or 'uninspired' or 'heartless' play by the Canucks.

I agree they're actually trying.

Where you and I disagree is that I don't see the problem as being with the game plan, I see the problem as being the team just isn't all that good.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
Watching all these other series and it seems like the Canucks are the only team that hasn't realized it is the playoffs. Despite who is favored in all these match ups both teams lay it all on the ice, and the underdogs do their best to out work the favorite for an upset.

i guess that's what's frustrating, it's the second straight year where after losing the first 3 games of round one the canucks might have well missed the playoffs...there really hasn't been a canucks playoff series to get involved in since the boston series two years ago...the canucks don't even score any goals to get excited about, i mean 21 goals in the past 15 playoff games, :shakehead

i don't think all fans have a cup or bust mentality, they just want to see hard playoff hockey and if the canucks lost a hard fought 6 or 7 game series they'd accept that...unfortunately we just get these epic meltdowns where there's nothing to latch onto as a fan and scorching the earth becomes part of the mainstream opinion

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't see all this 'lazy' or 'uninspired' or 'heartless' play by the Canucks. To me they've done everything AV has asked them to and more. It's not their fault if the coach's gameplan is just so bad that there are no results from it.

There's very few players on our team that I truly feel didn't step it up for the playoffs (Raymond, Bieksa, Ebbett).

I agree to an extent

what coach would you advocate getting? Just curious

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I agree to an extent

what coach would you advocate getting? Just curious

Any of the popularly mentioned candidates: Boucher, Eakins, Desjardins. Babcock, if he did get fired (pipe dream), would go to the top of my list. As it is, Boucher is my favourite since he's a progressive coach, coaches an up-tempo, aggressive system (and knows how to get his teams to score) and has actual NHL head-coaching experience unlike the other two.

It's unfortunate Cooper got hired as it would've been nice to bring a BC guy here but in hockey terms, I don't know that there's too much difference between the two.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Any of the popularly mentioned candidates: Boucher, Eakins, Desjardins. Babcock, if he did get fired (pipe dream), would go to the top of my list. As it is, Boucher is my favourite since he's a progressive coach, coaches an up-tempo, aggressive system (and knows how to get his teams to score) and has actual NHL head-coaching experience unlike the other two.

Man, if Babcock were ever to be fired he should be priority #1 for this team. That isn't just a pipe dream, it's full on wet dream.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

It's unfortunate Cooper got hired as it would've been nice to bring a BC guy here but in hockey terms, I don't know that there's too much difference between the two.

has your opinion (i think it was you) on cooper being a generationally talented coach diminished some with his performance this year, then?

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
it may be a stupid question, but are there any public viewings of the canucks games? I imagined they cancelled all outdoor viewings because of the riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille