Pre-Game Talk: GM 4: Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks - May 7 - 7:00PM PST - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

GO CANUCKS GO!
RE_2011_05_25T050910Z_01_VAN35_RTRMDNP_3_NHL.jpg

large.png
@
large.png

Sharks lead Series 3-0

WHEN: Tuesday, May 7th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: HP Pavillion, San Jose, CA
TV: TSN
RADIO: TEAM1040 (Vancouver)

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup:
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Raymond - Roy - Lapierre
Weise - Ebbett - Kassian

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Bieksa
Alberts - Corrado

Schneider

San Jose Sharks' Starting Lineup:
Galiardi - Thornton - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Havlat
Torres - Pavelski - Wingels
Desjardins - Gomez - Burish

Irwin - Boyle
Vlasic - Braun
Stuart - Hannan

Niemi

Game Notes:

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Lines I want to see but will never happen:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Roy-Kesler
Burrows-Schroeder-Hansen
Raymond-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Ballard
Edler-Corrado

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Go Canucks Go... I guess. Feels more like a wake than a hockey game. It sounds awful but it's hard to imagine them winning a game. Game 2 was demoralizing, but game 3 was just kinda pathetic to be honest.

I'll try to be an optimist and say the Canucks win 3-1 with Cory getting first star.

Lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Schroeder
Higgins-Roy-Hansen
Jensen-Lappy-Weise

because why the hell not? Nothing to lose at this point, might as well inject some youthful energy.

On D? Bieksa is apparently hurt. If this is true, then you need to sit him because that Edler-Bieksa pairing is costing us dearly. Even if he plays, they need to be split pronto.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I either want us to win the next 4 games or lose this game.
No point in winning 1, 2, or 3 games just to lose the series.

Canuckz

Jul 8, 2012
In tomorrows game, I think we'll see who actually cares to be on this team going forward.

I'm expecting Kesler to go all out. I'm also expecting Kassian & Corrado to play well...and Weise. That's about it. The rest of team has been completely anemic.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Posted my prediction here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=65435499&postcount=749

Last game of the year, I would hope AV decides to play some of the black aces (Gaunce, Jensen, Schroeder). Some players on this team clearly have their heads set on vacation.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Roy-Kesler
Hansen-Schroeder-Jensen
Anyone other than Raymond-Gaunce-Burrows

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Ballard
Edler-Corrado

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Lines I'd like to see:

Burrows-Kesler-Hansen
Jensen-Schroeder-Kassian
Sedin-Sedin-Roy
Lapierre-Gaunce-Higgins

Would be nice to see the kids get a shot and give them some potentially valuable experience. The series is over, so use this final game for development.

arsmaster*

I'll be upset if we lose, but I hope we don't just give up.

Lose a close one while laying everything on the line.

I will say, it does take 4 wins to complete a series and I wouldn't be betting on the Canucks to come back, but with how close the games have been, and with how poor most of the roster has played in those games, there is definitely another gear for us.

Get this one boys.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I don't care if we get swept, so long as the team actually plays like they give a ****. Come on.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
You know what for the first time I am actually feeling we will win this game and the next 3 after that for some reason. Weird, but I am not feeling like we will lose tomorrows game or this series.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I don't care if we get swept, so long as the team actually plays like they give a ****. Come on.

Yup.

I'd be livid if they did something stupid like throw the game for the sake of the kids.

Give the core one last chance to show some ****ing heart. It's not like it's a guaranteed seven game series and the Sharks have already won four. If they were gonna play the kids, Edmonton would've been the time to do it.

These guys are all playing for jobs next year. That should be the message given to the team from Aquilini. My only worry with that is that they win the next two games and Vigneault somehow stays. Would be typical Canucks luck though. :laugh:

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
How Mason Raymond still gets a spot in this lineup day in and day out but Keith Ballard doesn't get a shot on the backend is just an example of Alain Vigneault's ridiculous world of lineup management.

He's just completely useless at pushing the right buttons to get players going. Ever heard of a pressbox? That's where Raymond belongs.

Big Naissak

4 8 15 16 23 42
Mar 28, 2012
Edmonton, Canucks.
I'd like to see:

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Higgins Kesler Roy

Burrows Schroeder Hansen

Archibald Lapierre Jensen

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Corrado

Ballard Garrison

Why not?

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
How Mason Raymond still gets a spot in this lineup day in and day out but Keith Ballard doesn't get a shot on the backend is just an example of Alain Vigneault's ridiculous world of lineup management.

He's just completely useless at pushing the right buttons to get players going. Ever heard of a pressbox? That's where Raymond belongs.

Remember back in the early days of AV when players 'earned' icetime. All illusion of that has completely disappeared.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
In tomorrows game, I think we'll see who actually cares to be on this team going forward.

Meh, I've thought that before each of the last two games. Only Kesler and Luongo showed up for a bit.

Two seasons after Calgary went to the finals is when they should have started rebuilding. We have that same opportunity now... I hope we don't screw it up.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

I still think Ballard said something to the arrogant AV and has suffered ever since. Same reason Cody was traded. AV is an arrogant piece of trash. say something bad and you're in the dog house for life. that or he's a colossal moron but nobody can be that stupid can they?

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Meh, I've thought that before each of the last two games. Only Kesler and Luongo showed up for a bit.

Two seasons after Calgary went to the finals is when they should have started rebuilding. We have that same opportunity now... I hope we don't screw it up.

They finished 6th in the conference that season, 7 points behind the Canucks. They went on a lucky run and that's all it was. Why are we comparing Canucks to them? Last I checked we won the President's Trophy twice and won the NW this season.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Remember back in the early days of AV when players 'earned' icetime. All illusion of that has completely disappeared.

Long, long gone.

Raymond - 0 goals in 17 playoff games...Chris Higgins 0 goals in 18 playoff games...Like really?

These guys can't be benched and sent a message? Is this basic stuff or what?

Zero accountability on this team. Let's hope ownership shows some accountability and pushes for some significant changes.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
They finished 6th in the conference that season, 7 points behind the Canucks. They went on a lucky run and that's all it was. Why are we comparing Canucks to them? Last I checked we won the President's Trophy twice and won the NW this season.

Two of the most meaningless accomplishments there are in professional sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad