GDT: GM 4: F @ W @ 4pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Dude, he/she's joking. Its gone on long enough I am am putting a stop to it as the official fun police on this forum.

Some guys accused Twabs of not watching the games and only reading the fancy stats to make his analysis. Twabby ran with the accusation as an inside joke to those who were unfortunate enough to read the endless battles of opinion between certain posters.

Sorry Twabby, I could not let a handful of good folks live in ignorance, thinking you don't really watch the games.

Wait, now I'm not even sure, do you actually watch them @twabby ? :huh:

I‘ll let the reader decide if I watch the games. A little HFCaps mystery isn’t a bad thing!

But I am serious that people should on occasion completely ignore what their eyes are telling them and rely just on the stats if they are looking to do analysis. You can interpret the stats in many different ways so it’s quite illuminating at times to see why your eyes tell you one thing but the numbers say another. Even if you’re so inclined to watch the games, just do it for entertainment purposes and not for educational purposes.

Jun 15, 2007
SJP is eating the cinnabon fried chicken again. Win assured. She's going to gain a lot of weight if we win the cup.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Caps Money Line +151 Under 6.5 +114 is again inviting.... too inviting as per usual I will parlay or bust.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Alright, let’s hope Sammy gives us a chance to win.

Gotta try to keep our foot on their necks. Score first, and they’ll really be gripping their sticks.

LGC!!

Reactions: zappa4ever

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
This gdt blows

Welcome aboard!

spaceballs-assholes.gif

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Re Ovie throw hitting to start game 3 .. Oshie paraphrased said "if you see him hitting out there you know you gotta step it up and throw some hits"
Its old school hitting and leading by example and its a shame only a handful of others got on board. The modern young bucks just seem gun shy to hit proper... maybe fearing they'll get their asked kicked if they have to answer for it. You'd think it would be all the youngest guys hitting. Nope, its the oldest..

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I know it goes against everything I have learned in 40 years but my gut says go with Lavi's #1 goalie to start the playoffs. My thinking its not always wise to ditch your #1 playoff G after one loss, our cup winning season aside... heh ok nevermind.

Sparky

Feb 19, 2004
Virginia
Wife had a work emergency, we can't go to the game, so I'm posting for the first time in I don't know how many years to try to make up for it. Survive whatever initial high tempo push they put on (looking at Sammy here) then just grind 'em down and counter attack. Alternately give up three early and remember that we have just as much top end skill as they do even if we don't have the speed.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Presented by the Capitals and Boeing? I don't remember if they had a partnership with Boeing before.

Is it because Boeing announced the move of their HQ to Arlington from Chicago last week and are trying to establish a marketing presence?

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Presented by the Capitals and Boeing? I don't remember if they had a partnership with Boeing before.

Is it because Boeing announced the move of their HQ to Arlington from Chicago last week and are trying to establish a marketing presence?
Military-industrial complex. You can't escape it in DC.

Reactions: tenken00

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I‘ll let the reader decide if I watch the games. A little HFCaps mystery isn’t a bad thing!

But I am serious that people should on occasion completely ignore what their eyes are telling them and rely just on the stats if they are looking to do analysis. You can interpret the stats in many different ways so it’s quite illuminating at times to see why your eyes tell you one thing but the numbers say another. Even if you’re so inclined to watch the games, just do it for entertainment purposes and not for educational purposes.
you've got it backwards.

if you can interpret both things in various ways the prevailing factor should always be watching the action itself and deciding "yeah, that was a good move".

use stats to supplement the things your eyes don't have time to notice, because you won't always be keeping a tally of 50/50 pucks or who is making the most of their touches. If someone makes a good play with all the context your eyes provide don't ignore it because another team with different players in different positions has tilted an average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad