GDT: GM 4: F @ W @ 4pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Very much looking forward to not watching tonight’s game!

Gotta get some saves early. I figure Florida will come out guns a blazing, but if Samsonov stifles them I could see frustration taking over.

Looking forward to another monster game from Mantha! Washington officially won that trade. No more qualifications necessary. Detroit might also be winners but Mantha is certainly proving to be an upgrade over Vrana.

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I've seen the caps win and especially lose at every spot in a seven game series but didn't really take that to heart until this year and let the old losses go.

Anyone remember which series it was the caps were up and came back home but fog messed with the flight and they ended up losing game 6 and then lost in 7?

Reactions: Neil Racki

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
They're all saying the right things. So thats a good sign. Oshie said something similar, that game 3 means nothing if you don't understand how hard the Cats are going to come at us in game 4.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Very much looking forward to not watching tonight’s game!

Gotta get some saves early. I figure they’ll come out guns a blazing, but if Samsonov stifles them I could see frustration taking over.

Looking forward to another monster game from Mantha! Washington officially won that trade. No more qualifications necessary. Detroit might also be winners but Mantha is certainly proving to be an upgrade over Vrana.
Why don’t you watch the games. Been around long enough to see you say it a bunch but haven’t never seen why.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Eric was smitten with George's wife (and we all got "Layla" because of it), eventually stole her, and George - being George - forgave him and they stayed friends (see below). I think EC's a better rock player - especially where he's collaborating with others, Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominoes, George - and prefer it over his blues stuff, which I find a bit mechanical and tedious. As for Eric's views on social issues, well he's a better blues player.

"Their friendship is largely impressive not because they found a kindred spirit in one another — when you think about it, the two men’s lives were fairly aligned — but because they managed to survive one incident that would have sent most friendships down the pan. In the late 1960s, Clapton and Harrison had become close friends and began writing and recording music together. During the rise of the rock and roll era, there was one woman who caught the eyes and trapped the hearts of the two legendary music icons: Pattie Boyd. Harrison married Boyd in 1966 but Clapton was utterly captivated by her.

"In an effort to satisfy his infatuation, Clapton briefly dated Boyd’s sister, Paula. His 1970 album with Derek and the Dominos, Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, was written to proclaim his love for Boyd, particularly the hit song ‘Layla’. Clapton drew inspiration from The Story of Layla and Majnun by Persian writer Nizami, a tale based on a story about the seventh-century Nejdi Bedouin poet Qays ibn Al-Mulawwah and his lover Layla bint Mahdi, focusing on a man driven to madness by his unattainable love.

"Before the marriage of Boyd and Harrison collapsed, she continuously refused Clapton’s courtship, it was rumoured that the rejection drove Clapton into heroin addiction and self-imposed exile for three years. Once overcoming his addiction in 1974, Clapton again pursued Boyd, who now agreed to leave Harrison. She and Clapton were married in 1979 and they remained relentlessly close with Harrison, who took to calling Clapton his “husband-in-law” in a comedic take that only he could make.

"Very rarely can we see a friendship that has seen so many ups and down survive for so many years. Not only in life but also in death, Harrison remained a good and close friend of Clapton. In November 2002, exactly a year after George’s death, Clapton decided to hold a tribute concert in his name, calling it the Concert For George."

Reactions: tenken00

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
They're all saying the right things. So thats a good sign. Oshie said something similar, that game 3 means nothing if you don't understand how hard the Cats are going to come at us in game 4.
I loved Lavi’s press conference after win Saturday. He clearly wanted to move on. Stay focused. Don’t let up. Play the same game. He said something along the lines of “if we don’t come out and play the same game on Monday then that is on us.”. Veteran players following suit. But execution isn’t easy.

to me key to game 4 is getting the early puck luck. Seems strange to say because we can’t control that. Play our game and get the first goal. Don’t let bad puck derail the plan. Let’s get the first goal!

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Eric was smitten with George's wife (and we all got "Layla" because of it), eventually stole her, and George - being George - forgave him and they stayed friends (see below). I think EC's a better rock player - especially where he's collaborating with others, Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominoes, George - and prefer it over his blues stuff, which I find a bit mechanical and tedious. As for Eric's views on social issues, well he's a better blues player.

"Their friendship is largely impressive not because they found a kindred spirit in one another — when you think about it, the two men’s lives were fairly aligned — but because they managed to survive one incident that would have sent most friendships down the pan. In the late 1960s, Clapton and Harrison had become close friends and began writing and recording music together. During the rise of the rock and roll era, there was one woman who caught the eyes and trapped the hearts of the two legendary music icons: Pattie Boyd. Harrison married Boyd in 1966 but Clapton was utterly captivated by her.

"In an effort to satisfy his infatuation, Clapton briefly dated Boyd’s sister, Paula. His 1970 album with Derek and the Dominos, Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, was written to proclaim his love for Boyd, particularly the hit song ‘Layla’. Clapton drew inspiration from The Story of Layla and Majnun by Persian writer Nizami, a tale based on a story about the seventh-century Nejdi Bedouin poet Qays ibn Al-Mulawwah and his lover Layla bint Mahdi, focusing on a man driven to madness by his unattainable love.

"Before the marriage of Boyd and Harrison collapsed, she continuously refused Clapton’s courtship, it was rumoured that the rejection drove Clapton into heroin addiction and self-imposed exile for three years. Once overcoming his addiction in 1974, Clapton again pursued Boyd, who now agreed to leave Harrison. She and Clapton were married in 1979 and they remained relentlessly close with Harrison, who took to calling Clapton his “husband-in-law” in a comedic take that only he could make.

"Very rarely can we see a friendship that has seen so many ups and down survive for so many years. Not only in life but also in death, Harrison remained a good and close friend of Clapton. In November 2002, exactly a year after George’s death, Clapton decided to hold a tribute concert in his name, calling it the Concert For George."
Amazing. Love Clapton But yeah, he has been a disaster in his personal life. couldn’t imagine so much tragedy in one lifetime. Makes my problems seem small. But many of the great artists gain their fame from pain and suffering. Music fans benefit.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
The puck moves too fast for my eyes and you learn more by not watching than by watching.
To each his own I guess. I will agree that watching is live is night and day from watching it on TV Though. Such a different game. And when I’m there I end up watching a lot more of what is happening away from the puck. My favorite is watching the bench activity as I sit directly across from that. Can also see what happens on the blue line well.

enjoy your stats as well although I need to see the game for visual fact checking. Carry on!

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Sammy will let in 5 thus continuing our inevitable goaltending rollercoaster
This is my fear. Flashes of what could be followed by the crash of disappointment. I'm really hoping the crowd behind him lit a fire, and this is the start of something good. But until that happens, I'm stuck with the trend.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
This is my fear. Flashes of what could be followed by the crash of disappointment. I'm really hoping the crowd behind him lit a fire, and this is the start of something good. But until that happens, I'm stuck with the trend.
I'm hoping the emotional home crowd chant empowers him to another level ;).

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm hoping the emotional home crowd chant empowers him to another level ;).
Wouldn’t that be some shit…..confidence is a thing.

The puck moves too fast for my eyes and you learn more by not watching than by watching.
1652124585860.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad