Post-Game Talk: [GM 29] Canucks defeat Flames | 4-3 (SO) | Horvat, Garland, Dries, (Kuzmenko)

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Big win. Beautiful shootout move by Kuzmenko for the goal.

Hoglander was impressive tonight. Hopefully he can build up on this confidence and continue this great play. Glad Boudreau actually starting playing the young buck for once.

Reactions: Indiana and quat

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
We hear the flames and we didn’t even have our best forward in the lineup!!!

(Checks to see if any GMs are listening)

Reactions: B-rock

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Big win. Beautiful shootout move by Kuzmenko for the goal.

Hoglander was impressive tonight. Hopefully he can build up on this confidence and continue this great play. Glad Boudreau actually starting playing the young buck for once.
Agreed..Hopefully from here on out to the end of the season, he can be a fixture in the lineup.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Anybody else relishing the irony of the fact that our former goalie, who many thought was the Great White Hope of this franchise before we let him walk for nothing to the consternation of many, was tonight beaten not by the guy who we chose to go forward with instead of him (Demko who is of course injured) but the warm body that we chose to acquire to back him up for those ugly games that Demko wouldn't want to play? Cazart!

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Back to .500!
An accomplishment that shouldn’t be celebrated but feels like we won the cup.

Anybody else relishing the irony of the fact that our former goalie, who many thought was the Great White Hope of this franchise before we let him walk for nothing to the consternation of many, was tonight beaten not by the guy who we chose to go forward with instead of him (Demko who is of course injured) but the warm body that we chose to acquire to back him up for those ugly games that Demko wouldn't want to play? Cazart!

That’s not the point. Imagine trading him for value back and then he still goes on to be shit. Letting an asset walk for nothing is probably the worst business move you can make. That’s what happened because we had / have no plan.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Miller is pretty good at conserving energy. Hoglander should probably sit after that kind of effort.
This team needs more Stillman.
Myers filled his "what are the rules again?" penalty quota.

Well, now it's time to rest on their laurels and get embarrassed by the Jets.

Reactions: Indiana

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

That’s not the point. Imagine trading him for value back and then he still goes on to be shit. Letting an asset walk for nothing is probably the worst business move you can make. That’s what happened because we had / have no plan.

Oh I agree, we screwed that one up but good. I thought he was brutally overrated then and I still do so I didn't care that he was gone but, yeah, would have been nice to get something for him while we could...

Nov 1, 2011

This is true.

In a way, the Markstrom, Miller, Tanev, Taffoli thing makes me look at how rare the asset is.

Miller, if he could play centre would be super valuable however a player like Tanev is almost impossible to replace.

Guys like Taffoli are almost worthless as they are a dime a dozen while a guy like Markstrom is valuable but seemingly pretty replaceable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad