Post-Game Talk: [GM 24] Canucks lose to Panthers | 1-5 (Joshua)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I have a theory about Boudreau insisting on playing Stillman....It's his less than subtle way of 'sticking it to management'......in other words saying 'you brought in this guy, who what do you expect?"

I think Boudreau actually kind of liked Dickinson in a fourth line role, even if he was grossly overpaid. And bringing in a d-man from the Hawks who was healthy scratch on a lot of nights, as a replacement, was just too much for him.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
With him and suzuki Im glad to see more asians making it to the nhl.
Hope Asia catches more of this wonderful sport and start giving it the attention it deserves (and that doesnt include the canucks because they suck)

What ethnicities do you hope to see less in the league?

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
what other than firing boudreau is even on the table? waiving stillman? that doesn't move the needle

horvat and kuzmenko -- if they are moved -- will have far more value at the deadline when teams are more certain in their position and their needs. garland, boeser, oel, myers and mikheyev all have significant money and term owed and will be tricky trades to pull off. hoglander and podkolzin could probably be moved but for what purpose? schenn is moveable too but that sends the wrong message
It’s a dangerous game to wait though. Injuries happen, slumps happen. Horvat at 50% retained and maybe take on a so-so contract would be valuable right now.

That said, the best value trading him now may be in the lost points in the standings. That could end up being the difference between drafting a future HOFer or drafting a #4 dman.

Reactions: theguardianII

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
f***ing hell man, it’s bed time. Leave me be.
54719696-ef21-404d-9d5f-03314cd3d3eb_text.gif

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
They have no culture, that locker room is filled with massive ego's and idiots that they think putting themselves out there will be good enough.

Freaking frat house in there, no accountability whatsoever.
Imagine 5-6 more like Schenn types Vs Brock Boeser types. Different team.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Anyone who paid attention to the playoffs last year should want nothing to do with Andrew Brunette, and I don't quite understand why Rick Tocchet is getting a 3rd chance to be a HC when he's been horrible in his 2 tenures as a HC spanning 6 years, showing he learned absolutely nothing in his time away from the game. I would much, much rather give Mike Vellucci a shot. He has no NHL HC experience, but his time with the Hurricanes AHL team was very impressive.

Last edited:

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I have a theory about Boudreau insisting on playing Stillman....It's his less than subtle way of 'sticking it to management'......in other words saying 'you brought in this guy, who what do you expect?"

I think Boudreau actually kind of liked Dickinson in a fourth line role, even if he was grossly overpaid. And bringing in a d-man from the Hawks who was healthy scratch on a lot of nights, as a replacement, was just too much for him.

Neat complete fiction based on no facts whatsoever. May as well state Boudreau has aspirations to get the Iron Throne and needs to thwart Burroughs because he’s the unaware bastard of the current king.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
They have no culture, that locker room is filled with massive ego's and idiots that they think putting themselves out there will be good enough.

Freaking frat house in there, no accountability whatsoever.

Lmao…

… strong conviction for a guy who’s literally never been in the locker room.

You have no idea what the situation is in the locker room.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Lmao…

… strong conviction for a guy who’s literally never been in the locker room.

You have no idea what the situation is in the locker room.

Their play sucks, straight basura and getting out scores 10-2 in 2 home games after a pretty good road trip.

Strong conviction my f***ing foot ******, they f***ing suck

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Their play sucks, straight basura and getting out scores 10-2 in 2 home games after a pretty good road trip.

Strong conviction my f***ing foot ******, they f***ing suck

...maybe their play sucking has something to do with the team sucking, instead of having a frat house environment in the locker room.

I see a team very similar to the one from last season - just without a goalie playing at a vezina level.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
...maybe their play sucking has something to do with the team sucking, instead of having a frat house environment in the locker room.

I see a team very similar to the one from last season - just without a goalie playing at a vezina level.
They are playing far far worse 5on5 hockey then they were for most of last year.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
They are playing far far worse 5on5 hockey then they were for most of last year.
I’m not sure. They are playing significantly worse compared to the first 30 game stretch under Boudreau but I think it’s pretty similar to the other 50 games last year (the team wasn’t that good down the stretch). When Green was fired I’m pretty sure their xGF% was about 45%. It’s really been sitting at that level for a handful of seasons including this season so far. They constantly get outplayed at ES. Lightning in a bottle run excluded, this is what this team has been for a long time.

Sure glad I decided to sleep than watch the third.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

Don’t buy that. I think he plays Stillman because he legit thinks Stillman is tougher and the team is soft. He talked up the 4th line guys all camp and should be nothing but pleased with that line really. They’ve done a decent job considering you have two guys with very limited nhl experience. Since the start of camp it was clear neither management nor coaching staff had a use for Dickinson.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
The 3 clowns behind this mess are PA, JR and Aqua.

Didn’t make the moves they needed to make while they had the keys to the franchise and then made horrible moves when they did make a move

Management and ownership are pathetic

Team is pathetic

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad