Post-Game Talk: [GM 24] Canucks lose to Panthers | 1-5 (Joshua)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: December 1st, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Miller-Horvat-Boeser
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Hoglander-Dries-Garland
Joshua-Aman-Lazar

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Bear
Stillman-Myers

Demko

Panthers Line-Up:

Verhaeghe-Bennett-Tkachuk
Cousins-Lundell-Reinhart
Heponiemi-Luostarinen-White
Lomberg-Staal-Hornqvist

Forsling-Ekblad
Staal-Montour
Mahura-Gudas

Knight

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Could guess by Bruce's comments yesterday that Garland might be the odd man out on Thursday. Won't be a surprise if he's scratched.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
They didn't handle a older bigger Washington team very well and Florida is just as big, younger and very hungry.
Who will step up to Tkachuk when he face washes Pettersson or Hughes? Schenn?
Tkachuk knows if he gets either of those two off their games the W is almost mailed in.
Lots of those Panthers know they are in a street fight in their division.

I would not bet on the Washington game but this one, ya.

Kitty cats eat fish for dinner.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
They didn't handle a older bigger Washington team very well and Florida is just as big, younger and very hungry.
Who will step up to Tkachuk when he face washes Pettersson or Hughes? Schenn?
Tkachuk knows if he gets either of those two off their games the W is almost mailed in.
Lots of those Panthers know they are in a street fight in their division.

I would not bet on the Washington game but this one, ya.

Kitty cats eat fish for dinner.
Yeah but the Canucks will win

YOU KNOW THEY WILL

BECAUSE CANUCKS ARE BETTER

YOU KNOW ITS TRUE

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Hoglander getting dropped after 3 games of doing good things for cement skater Boeser is ridiculous.

And Stillman.

He had a nice goal too... better put him in his place.

Burroughs has one bad game, and he sits again🤦‍♂️

Its ok Stillman has only had 11 bad games in a row...

I really like Bruce last year but seriously he is making it very hard this year.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Just a minor nitpick, but this is actually going to be game 24.

As for the line-up, it almost doesn't matter at this point. There's still something wrong with this team's chemistry that's ruining young players while not getting any more structure out of the vets. I don't know if it's Bruce coaching for his life, a locker room that has gotten too used to losing, or something else entirely; with those issues who plays on what line and who watches from the pressbox are comparatively minor things.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I’d try giving Miller another chance at C now. He’s playing way better now than he was at the beginning of the year. Is he really worse than Dries? Plus we need a guy who can win faceoffs other than Bo.

*runs and hides*

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
WHEN: December 1st, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Miller-Horvat-Boeser
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Hoglander-Dries-Garland
Joshua-Aman-Lazar

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Bear
Stillman-Myers

Demko

Panthers Line-Up:

Verhaeghe-Bennett-Tkachuk
Cousins-Lundell-Reinhart
Heponiemi-Luostarinen-White
Lomberg-Staal-Hornqvist

Forsling-Ekblad
Staal-Montour
Mahura-Gudas

Bobrovsky
Our 3rd line is like Tim Bits,,wtf
Myers and Stillman,should be a gong show .

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
How close is Dermott? He's an upgrade on most of their D.

I'm not huge on Dermott but can't wait for him his return just because it'll mean less of Stillman, even if it means less of Burroughs, as well.

You just knew Bruce was ITCHING to get Stillman back in but he couldn't change the winning lineup.

Reactions: Grantham

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
I’d try giving Miller another chance at C now. He’s playing way better now than he was at the beginning of the year. Is he really worse than Dries? Plus we need a guy who can win faceoffs other than Bo.

if you split miller and horvat you not only still don't have a third line but now you don't have a second line anymore either

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012

*runs and hides*
Originally I thought we'd roll the 3C's, but with Boeser not rebounding, and Podz slumping... we don't really have the wingers it seems. That Bo-JT duo is still good for a goal a game right now, probably should leave it until otherwise.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Barkov, Tkachuk and company are going to have a field day down low in the canucks zone.

Interesting to see Garland as a potential scratch again. When they scratched him before it supposedly didn't go over well in the room. I actually agree with it. He's been poor this season.

I'm reasonably sure Garland will be the first sort of name player moved off this roster.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Barkov, Tkachuk and company are going to have a field day down low in the canucks zone.

Interesting to see Garland as a potential scratch again. When they scratched him before it supposedly didn't go over well in the room. I actually agree with it. He's been poor this season.

I'm reasonably sure Garland will be the first sort of name player moved off this roster.
Buy high sell low.

This is how we do it.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Buy high sell low.

This is how we do it.

True enough.

Sometimes it's a case of moving guys for their own good though and if we start to get into repeated scratch territory....

Now he's not getting nearly as destroyed possession wise as Boeser who is epically bad (like 30% xGF% or something) but he's clearly out of favor with a coaching staff that seems to feel this team gets bullied because of lack of size etc.

Personally I think they get bullied because they don't have the ability to function as a 5 man unit. Hard to get bullied when you move the puck well.

Just that this team needs to get out of the cycle of having $7 mil sitting in the pressbox.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad