Post-Game Talk: [GM 24] Canucks lose to Panthers | 1-5 (Joshua)

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I know there's a few people that want a separate GDT but, trust me, you don't want one for this game. There's nothing to discuss. It was a pathetic excuse and a waste of time for everyone involved.

Good effort tonight. You could tell @rypper gave it a go but his fun evening fell short.

Good: Ryppers sandwich

Ugly: Ryppers wallet, ouch.

His post game interview is at 10:15.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Just came back and watched a bit of the 3rd that I missed. That Martin aggressive + low/wide is going to kill us. He's out too far for an odd-man rush, and when your stance is that wide it's hard to move laterally....which is what you want to do on potential lateral play.

Too much depth = easier to move around. Then Matt Murray-esque low+wide means you can't load and push to move with the play. That last goal was an example of how not to play that situation as a goalie.

Thing is, Clark letting the guys do this is against the prevailing trend in the league which is to play more narrow and hold your edges as long as possible. There's also been a correction to reduce post play like the RVH in response to shooters taking advantage of it. Clark might be behind the curve on this one, and by quite a bit.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I know there's a few people that want a separate GDT but, trust me, you don't want one for this game. There's nothing to discuss. It was a pathetic excuse and a waste of time for everyone involved.
I thought Fin was solid...oh and Martin was decent

Miller and Horvat actually pushed a positive shot share after 2 periods, OEL Bear was similar

The rest can F off. Pathetic

Imagine this............ Forsling Tkachuk McCann Dickinson 1st(9) 2nd(33) 2nd 2nd 4th for Clendening Juolevi Gudbranson Stillman OEL and Garland

I've never struggled this bad being a fan

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This might have been one of the worst games I've ever seen from a Canuck blueline....and that's saying something, considering how bad it's been for so long.

Hughes and Pettersson need to play out their contracts and find a way to get out of Vancouver. I don't see them ever reaching their full potential in this lackluster environment. And if they eventually follow Horvat out of town, there's a good chance this team will even worse in a couple of years. They have no picks and no prospects in the pipeline.

Hughes may be wracking up the assists, but he's regressing on the defensive side of the puck. By my count a -3 on the night. And Pettersson looks like he's losing hope.

If Demko is gone for a chunk of the season, which looks likely, you might as well write off the rest of the year. With all due respect to Spencer and Delia, they can't win playing behind this blueline.

Really feel for the fans. Can you imagine how much money the Rogers Arena patrons have shelled out to watch a pair of 5-1 losses? The Sedins and Luongo deserved a better effort than that.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
The most dark part of this all is the fact that we all know we won’t be getting a top 5 pick in this years draft.

Reactions: Nucker101

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
This might have been one of the worst games I've ever seen from a Canuck blueline....and that's saying something, considering how bad it's been for so long.

Hughes and Pettersson need to play out their contracts and find a way to get out of Vancouver. I don't see them ever reaching their full potential in this lackluster environment. And if they eventually follow Horvat out of town, there's a good chance this team will even worse in a couple of years. They have no picks and no prospects in the pipeline.

Hughes may be wracking up the assists, but he's regressing on the defensive side of the puck. By my count a -3 on the night. And Pettersson looks like he's losing hope.

If Demko is gone for a chunk of the season, which looks likely, you might as well write off the rest of the year. With all due respect to Spencer and Delia, they can't win playing behind this blueline.

Really feel for the fans. Can you imagine how much money the Rogers Arena patrons have shelled out to watch a pair of 5-1 losses? The Sedins and Luongo deserved a better effort than that.
There’s no hope in the next few years. The team will continue to try and compete but will fall short every time. Prospect pool sucks, capped out, a lot of crappy contracts, and little flexibility.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

I was there on Tuesday. I had tickets to tonight as well but I smelled this L a mile away. Was able to sell my tickets an hour before game time thank f***.

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
The problem is, Miller often coasts back and doesn’t give his best effort on a number of occasions.

Is the orca media PR team having multiple aneurysms every time Miller opens his f***ing mouth? If they are not, I'd like to find out how much heroin they need to shoot themselves with to prevent such a thing.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Jason Robertson hat trick tonight.
Why isn't anyone taking Kole Lind? Oh.

The problem is, Miller often coasts back and doesn’t give his best effort on a number of occasions.

There was at least one time during the game, canucks on the powerplay, puck passes Miller, he gives a lazy stick wave to try to get it, and then he drifts after the Florida player on a shorthanded break so slow he might as well have been going backwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad